north carolina legislates ban on gay marriage

LOL. Yes, I have. Lived in LA (lower Alabama) for awhile, also have been to Montgomery and Birmingham. Some nice places, but the stats don't lie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_income

46th poorest state in the USA

http://www.americanprogress.org/projects/education/files/alabama.pdf

http://www.statemaster.com/graph/edu_bes_edu_ind-education-best-educated-index

43rd dumbest

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/03/11/red-states-are-the-real-welfare-states/

6th biggest welfare state

...you are SLIGHTLY better than Mississippi. Stats don't lie Duck, but I know you don't care about things like stupid little facts.

I was transferred from Northern Indiana 20 years ago to take a Plant Managers job at a steel processing plant. So if you want to compare the quality of living, all I have to compare it to is Indiana. And Indiana loses. The people that I know are very educated as well as their children. And the Children all have manners like I have never seen before.

Being from the North, it took awhile to be accepted because people from the North lie. They are not honest. Their word in not any good.

Hey, our weather is great and the lakes and rivers are clean. We have low taxes and if a kid gets in trouble at school, they get a spanking. And if the parent wants to discuss it, they had better have an appointment, if not their butt is going to jail. The teachers are still in charge of our schools.

The same house that you pay $250,000 cost us $150,000 except ours will be all brick.

But it will not stay this way because more and more rude, uneducated yankees are moving South as well as the car manufactures. Did I mention that I have never seen a dirt or gravel road in Alabama?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's amazing how many gays are very conservative in The South. I just don't think this is an issue that the government needs to be in on. The number one priority should be the economy. Seriously, the worst thing that will happen if you have a gay male couple move in next door is that your neighborhood will look better because they get really pissy at HOA meetings about keeping it nice and your neighborhood parties will become more extravagant.:noidea:

It's amazing how many gays are very conservative in The South. I just don't think this is an issue that the government needs to be in on. The number one priority should be the economy. Seriously, the worst thing that will happen if you have a gay male couple move in next door is that your neighborhood will look better because they get really pissy at HOA meetings about keeping it nice and your neighborhood parties will become more extravagant.:noidea:

Agreed, stuff like this is why the economy sucks balls... People care too much about stuff these politicians can do little about and forget about the stuff that matters. Who cares if Obama or Mitt Romney supports gay marriage or not, they will do NOTHING to affect gay marriage from the presidential office. Vote on what the president can actually affect. I am totally against abortion, but I voted for Obama in the last election. This is why people are so stuck in being a republican or being a democrat, because they care about issues that have no affect on what they can actually do.

Agreed, stuff like this is why the economy sucks balls... People care too much about stuff these politicians can do little about and forget about the stuff that matters. Who cares if Obama or Mitt Romney supports gay marriage or not, they will do NOTHING to affect gay marriage from the presidential office. Vote on what the president can actually affect. I am totally against abortion, but I voted for Obama in the last election. This is why people are so stuck in being a republican or being a democrat, because they care about issues that have no affect on what they can actually do.

Exactly. To politicians people like Aladuck are just pawns in their chess match. Say a couple key words and they jump to the defense. There is nothing a republican president has done for this country that has actually benefited anything since Reagan besides stand up against abortion, gay marriage ect. Things that 1. divide our nation (this is on purpose) 2. dont do shit for the economy 3. create hate for others (kinda unchristian like).

In all respects they are mostly hypocrites as well, talk about family when half the politians are cheating on their spouse (repub and dem). Talk about private insurance when they all get public. Talk about religion when they want to fight wars and belittle others. I could go on and on.

So go ahead follow the party line, Romney was for everything he is now against when he was in MASS. Now all of sudden he is a different person. Right. Opps. there goes honesty.

Exactly. To politicians people like Aladuck are just pawns in their chess match. Say a couple key words and they jump to the defense. There is nothing a republican president has done for this country that has actually benefited anything since Reagan besides stand up against abortion, gay marriage ect. Things that 1. divide our nation (this is on purpose) 2. dont do shit for the economy 3. create hate for others (kinda unchristian like).

In all respects they are mostly hypocrites as well, talk about family when half the politians are cheating on their spouse (repub and dem). Talk about private insurance when they all get public. Talk about religion when they want to fight wars and belittle others. I could go on and on.

So go ahead follow the party line, Romney was for everything he is now against when he was in MASS. Now all of sudden he is a different person. Right. Opps. there goes honesty.

Please keep going, you havn`t said shit yet. How about a little plagiarism, I have read the same crap for years almost word for word and I doubt that you even believe it. And you mentioned hypocrites.

And that is why Mississippi and Alabama are two of the poorest' date=' most uneducated states in America.[/quote']

Lol. True.. alot of people here are poor. I consider myself one of em. But i have been all over the U.S. and i would choose Mississippi over almost every other place ive been too.

Met a girl from Greenville Miss about 20 years ago - ms teen mississippi or whatever they called it.

Salutatorian of her school.

When she asked where I was from - I told from near Chicago. Her response - where is Chicago?

She was attractive - I'll give her that - fake boobs and all.

This Bible stuff is humorous.

And please show me anywhere in the Bible where Jesus specifically denounces gay marriage. If it was such an important issue/problem, don't you think he'd say something about it? In fact, if anything, Jesus accepts that gay's were born different:

“Not everyone can accept this teaching (man joining with a woman), but only those to whom it is given. For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth..." Matthew 19:11-12.

And animals don't have the gift of a human mind, which is why they don't have the capacity agree to enter into a marriage relationship. Please get real with those ridiculous statements.

Refer to Jesus parable of the fishing net then go look up the diefintion of wicked in 1 Cor 6:9-25.

So you are drawing the line of acceptable mariiage at having the gift of a human mind. The majority of Americans (and North Carolinians in this specific case) draw the line at a man and a woman. How is that different? Once you start changing the original definition where do you draw the line?

I am learning something every day. I thought all Christians believed that the Bible was the word of God.

Believing in the Bible to be the literal word of God is quite ignorant, non-productive, and is useful only to impose your own beliefs on others saying it's from God. You know where it says being gay is an abomination? You should, you like to preach that nonsense because you were brought up being force-fed this stuff about gays being immoral. (It's in Leviticus by the way). Bigots like you who never bother to turn the page reminds me of how religion can be and unfortunately too often is used as a tool for spreading injustice and hatred. (And I apologize if the tone sounds like name-calling, but in all actuality you are the definition of a bigot and you seem proud of it.)

Literally on the next page of your bible:

Leviticus 19:27

27 You shall not round off the side-growth of your heads nor harm the edges of your beard.

So Mr. AlabamaDuck, have you ever shaved? Yes? I see, well done using the Bible to help you be a bigot. So what was that about hypocrites?

And by the way, do you not even know what religion you follow? You are pronouncing your own religion wrong. It's Baptist, not Babtist.

Edited by 9and3isFineWithMe

And to the "hate the sin, not the sinner" people: You are nearly as intolerant as our friend AlabamaDuck. Being gay is not a choice and this is a fact so it isn't up for debate and shouldn't be condemned. To me, hearing you guys talk like this sounds like someone a judging an obese people with a thyroid condition making themselves feel warm and accepting by saying, "Oh we condemn the overeating, but not the person overeating."

IT IS WHO THEY ARE. Can't you just ignore this gay bible crap like you ignore the Leviticus laws condemning shavers and at least be as morally upstanding as you pretend to be?

Edited by 9and3isFineWithMe

Please keep going, you havn`t said shit yet. How about a little plagiarism, I have read the same crap for years almost word for word and I doubt that you even believe it. And you mentioned hypocrites.

Dont believe what? I do not understand your response other than "uhm. uhm. yeah you got me".

And to the "hate the sin, not the sinner" people: You are nearly as intolerant as our friend AlabamaDuck. Being gay is not a choice and this is a fact so it isn't up for debate and shouldn't be condemned. To me, hearing you guys talk like this sounds like someone a judging an obese people with a thyroid condition making themselves feel warm and accepting by saying, "Oh we condemn the overeating, but not the person overeating."

IT IS WHO THEY ARE. Can't you just ignore this gay bible crap like you ignore the Leviticus laws condemning shavers and at least be as morally upstanding as you pretend to be?

I have never condemned gays nor have I insulted them or put them down in any way. But, I do not belive in Gay Marriage.

Intolerant? I don`t believe the same as you and you are you call me intollerant. What a jerk. Are you fat too?

I have never condemned gays nor have I insulted them or put them down in any way. But, I do not belive in Gay Marriage.

Intolerant? I don`t believe the same as you and you are you call me intollerant. What a jerk. Are you fat too?

Stop the ad hominem please it is pointless because you know nothing about me and I am certainly not the jerk here. I have a right to call you a bigot because that is what you are. Feel free to look up the definition. And I have a right to criticize your beliefs because your beliefs interfere with others.

And yes, you have condemned gays and insulted them, please don't act like you haven't. You think gay people don't feel insulted when you refuse to acknowledge their right to get married as equal citizens? Do you think they don't feel condemned when you have no problem asserting that God hates them and openly believe they are sinful?