north carolina legislates ban on gay marriage

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You simply sounded as though you were mocking the Bible, which is what atheists live for it seems.

i think atheists get a bad rap. any time you criticize a book in which people live their life by it will always be considered taunting/mockery.

they arent born that way bro... are furries born that way? Do you even know what a furry is? I draw the line where my ideals are, its quite simple actually. Slippery slope doesnt apply to me in this debate, I believe what I believe, no more no less. I dont agree with Homosexuality, but if they consider each other partners, then they should get the benefits of hospital visits and such. The problem with animals, children, and inanimate objects is that they do not reciprocate the same feelings you have. the animal doesnt consider you his/her partner, the object doesnt consider you its partner and a child doesnt really understand the concept, they see you as a friend, they simply do not know the boundaries of the different relationships.

If you are trying to say that you dont take the Bible literally, then I agree 100%, Catholics dont take the Bible literally, so I am completely on your side... You simply sounded as though you were mocking the Bible, which is what atheists live for it seems. It seems I interpreted your words incorrectly, my apologizes.

I am learning something every day. I thought all Christians believed that the Bible was the word of God. Do you pick and choose what to believe and what not to believe.

Another thing, God does not make a person gay. A man gets a woman pregnant and she has a baby, God had nothing to do with it. You can`t blame God for that.

I am learning something every day. I thought all Christians believed that the Bible was the word of God. Do you pick and choose what to believe and what not to believe.

Another thing, God does not make a person gay. A man gets a woman pregnant and she has a baby, God had nothing to do with it. You can`t blame God for that.

What version do you follow?

lol, why do people always say that as if "not literally" means picking and choosing. It just goes to show you how little they know of the topic which they are discussing.

lol, why do people always say that as if "not literally" means picking and choosing. It just goes to show you how little they know of the topic which they are discussing.

You could be right about how little I know and that was why I was asking. If you take the Bible literally, along with everyone else, how do you determine what part to believe?

I am not trying to be a smart ass, just curious.

Personally, I don't see how a GUY can look at another Guy's Hairee ass and find love. Then again, I don't understand the whole "Butch" concept either! Now Lipsticks........... Boowhahahahahahaha! Seriously, I don't care. I think 80% are genetically wired to be gay and the other 20% do whatever is popular at the moment. I've seen too many patients over the years to not think this way. I really think a lot of you don't understand that companies like Eli Lilly and most major employers already extend insurance and life insurance benefits to gay couples. What they want is the "ring" to make it legitimate in society. The trial lawyers and media are going to be treated to some outstanding divorces in the very near future. The gay couples that adopt aren't going to turn their kids gay. Seriously, it is pretty much hard wired in your brain. I wonder if marriage will slow down the spread of HIV? That was the first thing I thought of when I heard this concept.

As far as the Bible goes. It pretty much boils down to a few things. Treat others the way you want to be treated. Don't murder people and you receive through the same door from which you give. Be a Big Giver and good shit happens to you!

Personally, I don't see how a GUY can look at another Guy's Hairee ass and find love. Then again, I don't understand the whole "Butch" concept either! Now Lipsticks........... Boowhahahahahahaha! Seriously, I don't care. I think 80% are genetically wired to be gay and the other 20% do whatever is popular at the moment. I've seen too many patients over the years to not think this way. I really think a lot of you don't understand that companies like Eli Lilly and most major employers already extend insurance and life insurance benefits to gay couples. What they want is the "ring" to make it legitimate in society. The trial lawyers and media are going to be treated to some outstanding divorces in the very near future. The gay couples that adopt aren't going to turn their kids gay. Seriously, it is pretty much hard wired in your brain. I wonder if marriage will slow down the spread of HIV? That was the first thing I thought of when I heard this concept.

As far as the Bible goes. It pretty much boils down to a few things. Treat others the way you want to be treated. Don't murder people and you receive through the same door from which you give. Be a Big Giver and good shit happens to you!

I like the way you think. But I will vote "No" if it comes up for vote.

And what gives you the right to deny equal rights to people from a legal standpoint? It seems like you're voting with your bible which is very sad. But, do you as you please, I can only hope one day you are denied certain unalienable rights that Catholics have because you are Baptist. Same shit, different adjectives.

Todd.

And what gives you the right to deny equal rights to people from a legal standpoint? It seems like you're voting with your bible which is very sad. But, do you as you please, I can only hope one day you are denied certain unalienable rights that Catholics have because you are Baptist. Same shit, different adjectives.

Todd.

And I am sure that you will really be pissed when I vote no to Obama.

It is not the legal standpoint, it is the moral standpoint. And get your facts straight, I said that I was raised Babtist. Same shit, different opinions or is any opinion different from your own, wrong?

And I am sure that you will really be pissed when I vote no to Obama.

It is not the legal standpoint, it is the moral standpoint. And get your facts straight, I said that I was raised Babtist. Same shit, different opinions or is any opinion different from your own, wrong?

I'm the same way. I have my morals and won't break em for anybody or anything. And yes I even vote by morals.

And that is why Mississippi and Alabama are two of the poorest' date=' most uneducated states in America.[/quote']

I don`t know how this compares to other states but in Alabama 20% have a 4 year degree. Another 9% has a masters or higher. We have a huge amount of citizens with a two year degree.

Our local elementary school has won the Best in the country twice. Our latest winner of the best high school in the country was Hoover HS just outside of Birmingham. ( 3 years ago )

We have some school districts that are the best in the country and also some of the worst. Some counties in south central Alabam have very few people and no jobs and the schools can`t recruit good teachers.

But no matter their education, in Alabama there only three things that really matters and that is God, Country and Family. Proper manners comes in forth.

You have never been to Alabama.

I don`t know how this compares to other states but in Alabama 20% have a 4 year degree. Another 9% has a masters or higher. We have a huge amount of citizens with a two year degree.

Our local elementary school has won the Best in the country twice. Our latest winner of the best high school in the country was Hoover HS just outside of Birmingham. ( 3 years ago )

We have some school districts that are the best in the country and also some of the worst. Some counties in south central Alabam have very few people and no jobs and the schools can`t recruit good teachers.

But no matter their education, in Alabama there only three things that really matters and that is God, Country and Family. Proper manners comes in forth.

You have never been to Alabama.

LOL. Yes, I have. Lived in LA (lower Alabama) for awhile, also have been to Montgomery and Birmingham. Some nice places, but the stats don't lie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_income

46th poorest state in the USA

http://www.americanprogress.org/projects/education/files/alabama.pdf

http://www.statemaster.com/graph/edu_bes_edu_ind-education-best-educated-index

43rd dumbest

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/03/11/red-states-are-the-real-welfare-states/

6th biggest welfare state

...you are SLIGHTLY better than Mississippi. Stats don't lie Duck, but I know you don't care about things like stupid little facts.

Edited by PJackson'sDred15