north carolina legislates ban on gay marriage

Please don`t jump on me. God hated homosexuals and lesbians so much that he sent down fire and burned two towns and everyone in them except one family because there was a high percentage of homosexuals living there.

I treat everyone with respect but what are we suppose to do when a gay man or woman wants to be a friend? This is a serious question.

I don`t believe in gay marriage or gay couples adopting children but have a hard time turning my back on them. I belive in "live and let live.

Does anyone else feel like do?

: face palm :

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To tell you the truth, I'm not really that concerned about who wants to marry who. But then again, I guess I have more progressive views. I guess I'm more curious about this....I would assume people don't want Gov't in our lives telling us what to do, but, yet they can tell us who to marry. Of course, telling us to not marry animals and cousins and such I agree with, but I guess the question I have is..how much Gov't should we allow within our homes/bedrooms? And how do we decide what's to much?

um.. its legal to marry your first cousin here in north carolina! LOL!

Please don`t jump on me. God hated homosexuals and lesbians so much that he sent down fire and burned two towns and everyone in them except one family because there was a high percentage of homosexuals living there.

I treat everyone with respect but what are we suppose to do when a gay man or woman wants to be a friend? This is a serious question.

I don`t believe in gay marriage or gay couples adopting children but have a hard time turning my back on them. I belive in "live and let live.

Do you believe in the easter bunny too?? Why does anyone care if gays want to get married? If your not gay than what does it matter to you. I would rather have a kid that is raised by a gay couple that loves each other than a straight couple who hates each other. Seriously why would anyone waste their time fighting against gay marriage. I love the argument that it tarnishes the word "marriage" yeah well I think the Balachlor and Who wants to marry a millionare did that for us.

For the most part I'm with ya neighbor.

I think marriage came about to help give the offspring inheritance and property rights - not as a plot by heterosexuals to hurt gay people. It was about the children and conveying "legitimacy". But nowadays gay people are able to procreate through sperm banks, surrogates, whatever. So technology is moving things along.

One day we will all live in harmony with our married gay neighbors on our left and our polygamous Muslim neighbors on our right. Right?

Last I read marriage was a religious decision/event. Comparable to confirmation and first communion. That being said, the state's definition is more of an exclusion to tax, insurance and other benefits afforded to married persons.

Not withstanding the emotional impact of being rejected by your government and/or religious nut jobs going out of there way to spill their misguided aggression into your life. This could serve as a lightning rod to have the federal government intervene. As we enter an election year, this shouldn't be considered a ded issue by any means.

While North Carolina has made a stance, this could serve as a similiar historical footnote to governor Wallace standing opposed to the integration of public schools in Alabama...

Frankly, I am disappointed and disgusted that some people are using the bible as reason and logic to spread hate and prolong societal bigotry.

Spread Hate???? The Bible is not an instrument of spreading hate. It is a guide to eternal happiness. I'm sure that some of you have a very strong argument for abortion. Now to me that is spreading hate--for the unborn child. I won't be reading this thread any more as it lacks in truth and logic.

God hated homosexuals and lesbians so much that he sent down fire and burned two towns and everyone in them except one family because there was a high percentage of homosexuals living there.

I'm not sure if this was serious or a joke, but i did have spaghetti come out of my nose when i read it..........

Nothing wrong with having gay friends. Hate the sin not the sinner. And it's not a sin to be gay. It's a sin to participate in homosexual acts. Doesn't matter really what anybody says on here, it only matters what God says and thinks.

God also apparently thinks it is a sin to have pre-marital sex. I hope I will still be allowed to marry my girlfriend if I do indeed to choose so.

Now imagine sinners such as myself lived in such high proportions in our towns and villages that we could be struck down by huge bolts of fire for living such blasphemous, disgusting sinful lives. Oh wait...

Edited by Soko

bwahahahahaha.............:pound:............:der:

I knew it was a mistake to post on this subject but I couldn`t help my self.

The cities of Sodom and Gomorrah were wiped out and every living thing was killed except one family because of the high rate of homosexuals and lesbians. Not all were homosexuals but God spared none except the family of Lot, the nephew of Abraham.

The Angels told the family to leave and do not look back. Lot`s wife turned and looked back and was turned into a pillar of salt.

Spread Hate???? The Bible is not an instrument of spreading hate. It is a guide to eternal happiness. I'm sure that some of you have a very strong argument for abortion. Now to me that is spreading hate--for the unborn child. I won't be reading this thread any more as it lacks in truth and logic.

yeah the bible is just a goldmine of enlightenment.

I knew it was a mistake to post on this subject but I couldn`t help my self.

The cities of Sodom and Gomorrah were wiped out and every living thing was killed except one family because of the high rate of homosexuals and lesbians. Not all were homosexuals but God spared none except the family of Lot, the nephew of Abraham.

The Angels told the family to leave and do not look back. Lot`s wife turned and looked back and was turned into a pillar of salt.

right, and the world was formed 5000 years ago and a talking snake told some chick to eat an apple.........:flock:..........whatever you say Duck.......:tinfoil3: