Recommended Reading....

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game of Thrones books by George Martin. There are 5 of them now each about 1,000 pages. Kind of like an X-rated Lord of the Rings or a King Arthur's court from hell.

Dragons, zombies, wolves, giants, rapes, throat slitting, fireswords, sorcery, profanity, incest, death and more death. Oh and everybody drinks wine like there's no tomorrow. I think that explains much of the bad behavior.

I recently started reading the series A song of fire and ice (Game of thrones) I am not much of a reader just hard to find the time, but I love the show and wanted to read the books. I am just getting into book two now!

Undaunted Courage was a very good book.

I recently read Shattered Air. A book about lightning strikes on half dome in Yosemite. The book gave me new respect for lightning....I don't mess around with it anymore when I see it in the distance....time to go inside.

Schell, loves those too. Just found the Gunslinger comics by Marvel. Pretty cool. Feel funny being a 37 year old reading comics, but it adds another level to the story.

The comics are great for filling in the gaps, but it was a little depressing. I guess as long as you know the end of the story you can sorta weather the storm.