Recommended Reading....

This is mini IrishNYgirl (her youngest one) if you have 11 year old daughters they might like the Clique novels by Lisa Harrison. I'm not 11 yet. My favorite is Sealed With A Diss amd Bratfest At Tiffany's. They are about all the things that girls go through dealing with the nonsence that girls seem to deal with.

But my favorite book that I have read a million times is a book from when I was little and given to me by my Aunt (Sligo) called Our Day By The Sea. About a little girl and her mom spending the entire day at the beach until night time and how they never will forget. Its more of a poem but I love it.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is mini IrishNYgirl (her youngest one) if you have 11 year old daughters they might like the Clique novels by Lisa Harrison. I'm not 11 yet. My favorite is Sealed With A Diss amd Bratfest At Tiffany's. They are about all the things that girls go through dealing with the nonsence that girls seem to deal with.

But my favorite book that I have read a million times is a book from when I was little and given to me by my Aunt (Sligo) called Our Day By The Sea. About a little girl and her mom spending the entire day at the beach until night time and how they never will forget. Its more of a poem but I love it.

One of my favorites too kiddo. Miss you.

8-)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

DRINKING WITH GEROGE by george wendt was very funny and informative about his life and growing up

SHATTERED AIR by bob madgic is a great adventure/survival book about a lightning strike accident in yosemite. great book and you will never be unafraid of lightning again.

love to read so i may post more later

• 2 weeks later...

i do not read much but i think you guys will enjoy the 12 mighty orphans. Here is a link to the author bio and book. It is about Masonic Home which was an orphanage and their run to a state championship in Texas football.

http://www.12mightyorphans.com/mighty-orphans-book.htm

Same author as the Junction Boys

Edited by coachingintx

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Next, Stephen Hunter's series with Earl Swagger. I saw red8 mention the Bob Lee Swagger books, but Earl's stories are just as good. Start with Hot Springs, then read Pale Horse Coming.

Also, Brian Haig, mentioned by Sligo, has a number of books with the character Sean Drummond, including Secret Sanctions that Sligo noted, that are very readable. Mortal Allies was my favorite. Interesting fact: Brian Haig is the son of Alexander Haig, former Reagan Secretary of State/Nixon Chief of Staff/NATO Supreme Commander/utterer of the infamous "I am in control here" statement. His, Brian's, non-Drummond books The Hunted and The Capital Game may even be better.

Another: CJ Box and his award winning series of Joe Pickett novels. Pickett is a Game Warder in Wyoming who mixes rugged outdoor life with a lot of silly human mistakes and some crime fighting. Start at the beginning with Open Season.

Edited by 2lakes

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Game of Thrones books by George Martin. There are 5 of them now each about 1,000 pages. Kind of like an X-rated Lord of the Rings or a King Arthur's court from hell.

Dragons, zombies, wolves, giants, rapes, throat slitting, fireswords, sorcery, profanity, incest, death and more death. Oh and everybody drinks wine like there's no tomorrow. I think that explains much of the bad behavior.