Recommended Reading....

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll suggest, Illusions - The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah by Richard Bach (of Jonathan Livingston Seagull fame).

Just a short little 2-3 day read, its a story about a Messiah (insert name)that wants to quit, but can't until he finds his replacement. The plot revolves around two barnstorming pilots in the midwest, the messiah and his replacement.

Its not written with any religious bias so your religious affiliation shouldn't stop you from enjoying the book. I've probably read it 15 times over the last 25 years - it gives me a little different perspective on everyday life.

"Devil's Knot" by Mara Leveritt

Three eight year old boys are murdered and three young men are tried and convicted on false confessions and Metallica lyrics. A true story of The West Memphis Three and injustice in America.

Add "Mystic River" by Denis Lehane and "The Sweet Hereafter" by Russell Banks to you to do lists...

Thank you Fanatic!! Right off the top of my head I'm going to say Lawrence Sanders' The Anderson Tapes. About a convict just-released from prison after 10 years and is next big get rich scheme with all his convict buddies and his girl friend and NYC detective Edward Delaney. I read it and then rented the movie which starred Sean Connery, Diane Cannon, and Christopher Walken.

Edited by IrishNYgirl

When I was in the Navy, I would go through a book in about 2 days. Mostly, I read Tom Clancy or Stephen King.

I haven't read anything in quite awhile, but a couple I really enjoyed are The Alienist and The Angel of Darkness by Caleb Carr. Both are mystery novels with historic references and characters. Not sure if anyone else would find them as entertaining as I did though.

When I was in the Navy, I would go through a book in about 2 days. Mostly, I read Tom Clancy or Stephen King.

I haven't read anything in quite awhile, but a couple I really enjoyed are The Alienist and The Angel of Darkness by Caleb Carr. Both are mystery novels with historic references and characters. Not sure if anyone else would find them as entertaining as I did though.

i loved the dark tower series......................stephen king