Incoming Player Transfers (2023-24)

On 12/11/2023 at 9:49 PM, AnTostal said:

The dude’s obnoxious. 
But, he’s not really wrong in some of the things he says. And he sometimes brings in numbers/research to back his points. 
I pretty much detest how he presents almost everything.  
But I’ll give credit where it’s due, and I find myself agreeing in principle with some of what he says. 
I may actually just have thrown up in my mouth a little bit. 

This is how I feel about @NDLincPark too.  He makes valid points and goes to the extra mile to provide data that supports them.  Doesn't just talk to talk.  I would like to keep a poster like this around for the long haul.  I just wish he would drop the holier than thou attitude that also comes across in most of his posts.  

4 hours ago, Big23Head said:

This is why I asked about him a few days ago.  As a Giants fan myself, I thought this would be a pretty cool tidbit for next season.

• Heart 1
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

This is how I feel about @NDLincPark too.  He makes valid points and goes to the extra mile to provide data that supports them.  Doesn't just talk to talk.  I would like to keep a poster like this around for the long haul.  I just wish he would drop the holier than thou attitude that also comes across in most of his posts.

He has actually gotten much better since the “real talk” post you made about some of the things he needed to work on. 😂

But yes, I would agree he does make a lot of valid points, and I’ve been enjoying some of our discussion lately.

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, DamshaBua said:

Banking on QBs with one year of eligibility through the portal is dangerous, imo. It's not hard to imagine a scenario where a player like Angeli leaves for whatever reason and they strike out on the portal. Then we're left with a Frosh like Carr who has never taken a snap. 

It is dangerous. But Freeman will likely take 4 qbs to spring.

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Because they realize their degree will be taken more seriously in the real world when it says Notre Dame on it.

Spot on. He will likely finish his degree in the spring and if he chooses to continue playing he’s a grad transfer and won’t have to sit at all either. Hopefully ND uses these guys returning for their degrees as a major selling point

• Flames 1

15 minutes ago, mcgov12 said:

Spot on. He will likely finish his degree in the spring and if he chooses to continue playing he’s a grad transfer and won’t have to sit at all either. Hopefully ND uses these guys returning for their degrees as a major selling point

Exactly what I had told my wife. Could be used to keep guys from transferring and pull all kinds of recruits in! Huge!

• Heart 1

16 minutes ago, mcgov12 said:

I don't think they'll need to utilize two bum QBs as selling points for the University.  The FUND does all the selling it needs lol.

• Laughing Leprechaun 1

14 hours ago, Soko said:

However this is put up or shut up time now for Freeman. Year 3, stocking the roster with experienced players. His own recruits. And the softest schedule in years.

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Marcus has had two years practicing to be a head coach.  It's his team now.  His coaches, his players.  And the portal has made it easier to get good, proven players than ever before.  The hardest games next year:  A&M, USC.  Maybe Florida State.

Put up or shut up.  No excuses.  No 10 men on defense on the last play of the game in the biggest game of the year.  Just win, baby!

• Leprechaun 2

6 hours ago, AnTostal said:

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Marcus has had two years practicing to be a head coach.  It's his team now.  His coaches, his players.  And the portal has made it easier to get good, proven players than ever before.  The hardest games next year:  A&M, USC.  Maybe Florida State.

Put up or shut up.  No excuses.  No 10 men on defense on the last play of the game in the biggest game of the year.  Just win, baby!

I hate that part of me wants to rush the next 8 months away to start the season lol.  

• Laughing Leprechaun 1

1 hour ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

I hate that part of me wants to rush the next 8 months away to start the season lol.  

Dude, you and me both! 😝😂

26 minutes ago, SpeedsterX said:

Well, at least we'll have plenty of QB's on campus LOL

Good problem to have, right! 🤣