Incoming Player Transfers (2023-24)

2 hours ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Is Daeh McCullough (Oklahoma safety now in portal and son of ND RB coach Deland McCullough) someone who the Irish would pursue? 

This would be his second transfer and he's a sophomore.  From what I gather, one of the hang-ups for undergrads to ND is whether the academics match up to ND standards/expectations etc.

I know last year when he transferred out of Indiana, we were hoping he'd land here.  If everything is in order, sure why not.

24 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

I doubt it, they never really went after him last year and as jessemoore97 mentioned, his academic credits probably would not be accepted now that he is a sophomore.

Yeah, I don't remember if the staff went hard after him last year, perhaps inside knowledge that ND was not where he wanted to go.  I just remember we discussed on the forums that we'd like to get him.

17 hours ago, jessemoore97 said:

This would be his second transfer and he's a sophomore.  From what I gather, one of the hang-ups for undergrads to ND is whether the academics match up to ND standards/expectations etc.

I know last year when he transferred out of Indiana, we were hoping he'd land here.  If everything is in order, sure why not.

As far as I know, Daeh has never transferred. This year was his freshman year. He was a high school senior for the 2022 season. You are probably thinking of his older brother Dasan who plays LB. 

So I ask the question again, is Daeh McCullough (Oklahoma safety now in portal and son of ND RB coach Deland McCullough) someone who the Irish would pursue? 

Edited by jbrown_9999
  • Heart 1

11 minutes ago, jbrown_9999 said:

As far as I know, Daeh has never transferred. This year was his freshman year. He was a high school senior for the 2022 season. You are probably thinking of his older brother Dasan who plays LB. 

So I ask the question again, is Daeh McCullough (Oklahoma safety now in portal and son of ND RB coach Deland McCullough) someone who the Irish would pursue? 

You're right, it was Dasan who was the transfer, forgot where Daeh went.  Sure I'd take him if he had everything in order.  The older brother DeLand II, was at Miami OH.  Apparently no pressure from Deland to have the kids follow him, let's them make their own decision.

Great to see he can play on offense and not just special teams. I’m still bitter about that loss in 2022 though. 😑

Oh, and how many Jayden’s/Jaden’s/Jaiden’s is that now? Five? They’ll need to go the military route and start calling them by their last names at this point. Or maybe by numbers? 😂🤣

• Flames 1