Gerad Parker potential dismissal?

I saw this from College Football Watcher, and posted it in another thread. I hadn’t found anything else on it until today, where I did see something else saying that Guduigli will be more involved in play calling, and that Golden will be moved to Associate Head Coach. I just can’t find the post on that one again.

Honestly, I doubt any of it is true, because it all seems like speculation based off of what they are “hearing” right now.

We shall see.

• Heart 1

I don't think there is any credibility to this. These sites are not legitimate sources of information. If something like this was in the works, I would think the major ND sites would have something. Most of those sites do believe changes will be made after the season, but there is no concrete information out there at this time.

• Heart 1
  • Flames 1

On 11/9/2023 at 5:36 AM, Synoptico said:

It was mentioned on a II podcast that Guiduli is "helping" and taking on more responsibility

I still expect a bigger offseason overhaul.  How was it that Gino wasn't ALREADY helping?  After Ohio State, Louisville, USC, etc???

• Flames 1

Play calling has been head scratching at times.  Parker is a first year OC so Freeman has to ask himself, will he improve with the year under his belt, or do I need to look elsewhere?   I would be OK with him getting some more time, especially if we roll with a QB currently on the roster.  There is something to be said about keeping a group together so they can grow together but I also understand, Parker has to improve so the group can improve.  In the end, if Freeman wants to give Parker more time to grow and improve, I would be ok with it.  At the same time, I am ok if he feels he needs to look elsewhere.  I am still all in on Freeman

Go Irish

• Leprechaun 2

2 minutes ago, InLikeFlynn said:

Play calling has been head scratching at times.  Parker is a first year OC so Freeman has to ask himself, will he improve with the year under his belt, or do I need to look elsewhere?   I would be OK with him getting some more time, especially if we roll with a QB currently on the roster.  There is something to be said about keeping a group together so they can grow together but I also understand, Parker has to improve so the group can improve.  In the end, if Freeman wants to give Parker more time to grow and improve, I would be ok with it.  At the same time, I am ok if he feels he needs to look elsewhere.  I am still all in on Freeman

Go Irish

This is exactly where I am.  I don't want to scrap it.  It's fixable.  Gino and Rudolph both have coordinator experience to lend.  I gotta think this is already happening, so where is the misfire?

• Flames 1
  • Cheers 1

Lets also not forget how much the offense needed and relied on Freshman and first time WR's.  I know they are talented and all that but to get thrown in the fire as much as they did cant be easy.  A while back I posted in here what would we rather have in a WR corps, 1 go to with complimentary pieces or a bunch of guys who can make plays with no number1?  I was leaning towards being able to spread the ball around without a number 1 but my mind may have changed.  Give Hartman a true number 1 WR (Evans had a great year but i dont qualify him as a #1) and things could have maybe settled better?  I don't know, just a thought or theory.   It will get better, I am confident in that.  Dont ask me to explain why, just a gut feeling.  Yeah thats what I will roll with  HAHA  

Go Irish!

• Cheers 2

A QB needs a #1 and a #1a to be successful. We don’t seem to have either.

That aside, I’m all for Parker getting another year but if it’s the same clogged up the middle run attempts, I’ll want him gone before our first bye week. Clearly he has to see what’s not working on film review. 

• Heart 2

33 minutes ago, Rocketsan said:

A QB needs a #1 and a #1a to be successful. We don’t seem to have either.

That aside, I’m all for Parker getting another year but if it’s the same clogged up the middle run attempts, I’ll want him gone before our first bye week. Clearly he has to see what’s not working on film review. 

I can understand that for sure.  I think these guys need more than a year or two to prove themselves honestly.  Lets let them get a full recruiting class in too  That will help with their own philosophy

• Heart 1

I think a lot of people seem to be overlooking that Parker is calling an offense that is to Freeman's expectations, preference, and vision for what Freeman wants out of his own offense.  I'm not sure how much changes, even with a new OC, if Freeman doesn't want to budge on his own philosophy.  If Parker does stay, regardless of what Freeman does, I hope Parker continues to get the help he needs to succeed.  Whether that be input from the joint group of Guidugli and Rudolph or if they hire a consultant with OC experience.  Whatever it may be, I hope everyone is paid accordingly.  Including giving Golden what he wants to keep him on board for a few more years.

• Heart 2
  • Cheers 1

An ND coach is not an OJT job.  Stop hiring coaches that need 2 to 3 years to develop. I'm keeping in mind that Freeman wasn't allowed to hire his 1st choice.  I have always thought a HC has to be careful about hiring assistant coaches he has a relationship with because you have to be comfortable firing someone you consider a friend.  Knowing someone is not a qualification for the job. Success and effectiveness is. 

• Heart 2
  • Flames 2

On 11/13/2023 at 12:19 AM, NDhoosier said:

Just remember, most ND fans on the internet wanted Al Golden fired last year and now he is looking great.

Yes, at least I can say that wasn’t me, I thought Al Golden was pretty good last year and obviously better this year.

But it would be a shame to waste Golden’s D with more of the same on offense next season. I think the offense was in better hands with Tommy Rees. 

How about Sean Lewis for OC? It seems he’s on the outs with Deion. Wasn’t ND looking at him for OC last year?

• Flames 1