Gerad Parker potential dismissal?

21 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

That's all well and good, but, those stats are a bit skewed if you ask me.  Those averages are bolstered by 6 games against shitty teams...Navy, TN St, Central Michigan, USC, Pitt, and Wake.  They're absolutely curb stomping the bad teams but I really would love to see a better showing against the better defensive teams.

Trust me, I know this. I just wanted to post it to get people taking. I mean, Parker doesn’t seem to have an answer for good defenses, so that needs to be a focus during the off-season.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, jimbo said:

The offense is great until they play a team with a good defense. That’s when the wheels fall off. I haven’t seen the potential from Parker to overcome this. From my viewpoint, that is the biggest strike against him.

100 percent agree!

2 hours ago, Baldy said:

Freeman does not even know who the guy is and has said no one has reached out to him. I urge everyone to be cautious talking twitter sources regarding coaching stuff as a grain of salt. If anything, it may be Marion's agent just trying to get his name out there in order to get leverage.

But Notre Dame has not been talking to Marion, in fact, I think the original source for this has taken it down.

• Heart 1

26 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

Freeman does not even know who the guy is and has said no one has reached out to him. I urge everyone to be cautious talking twitter sources regarding coaching stuff as a grain of salt. If anything, it may be Marion's agent just trying to get his name out there in order to get leverage.

But Notre Dame has not been talking to Marion, in fact, I think the original source for this has taken it down.

I figured as much, and only shared because of where it came from.

I do see it just disappeared too. Wow!

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, estimebicep said:

This is biggest issue. If this isnt resolved the way it should be with parker which is him let go, then nothing else matters. That is a fact.

I understand you dislike Parker, but you seem to have a one track mind about it. Prepare to be disappointed when Parker is the OC for 2024. I remember around this time last year, half of the fanbase wanted Al Golden fired, now everyone is begging him to stay another year.

• Heart 2
  • Flames 1

9 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

I understand you dislike Parker, but you seem to have a one track mind about it. Prepare to be disappointed when Parker is the OC for 2024. I remember around this time last year, half of the fanbase wanted Al Golden fired, now everyone is begging him to stay another year.

I want Freeman to give Parker more time.  I feel we as a fan base are too quick to want to see changes instead of getting some consistency.  If he craps the bed next year then OK you consider it but you don't hire a fire time OC and expect perfect results.  If you go into it with that mindset, you are destined to fail.  My opinion of course  🙂

Go irish!

• Heart 1
  • Flames 1

So waste another year with parker? Against better teams, his offense was ineffective, playcalling was laughable, short yardage calls were headscratchers, and situational football play calling was even worse. Remember when the powers to be wouldnt pony up for utahs off coordinator, nd settled for Parker as time was the essence. Sure a great guy but lets have a learn as we go HC and at offensive coordinator. Year 3 next year, choppy year and it will calls to remove Freeman.

39 minutes ago, estimebicep said:

So waste another year with parker? Against better teams, his offense was ineffective, playcalling was laughable, short yardage calls were headscratchers, and situational football play calling was even worse. Remember when the powers to be wouldnt pony up for utahs off coordinator, nd settled for Parker as time was the essence. Sure a great guy but lets have a learn as we go HC and at offensive coordinator. Year 3 next year, choppy year and it will calls to remove Freeman.

I don't see it as a waste of a year right off the bat.  These guys need more of an opportunity than 1 year.  If ND hired an established OC and he crapped the bed, we going to fire him too?  Why not give them a few years to see what they can do?  Thats all I am saying.  We may see no improvement as we go but at least he has the chance to improve with the headscratchers and bad play calling.   I would rather give a guy a few years to see what he can do than give him 1 year and call it a day.  May not be a popular opinion but Im ok with that  🙂

Go Irish!

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, InLikeFlynn said:

I don't see it as a waste of a year right off the bat.  These guys need more of an opportunity than 1 year.  If ND hired an established OC and he crapped the bed, we going to fire him too?  Why not give them a few years to see what they can do?  Thats all I am saying.  We may see no improvement as we go but at least he has the chance to improve with the headscratchers and bad play calling.   I would rather give a guy a few years to see what he can do than give him 1 year and call it a day.  May not be a popular opinion but Im ok with that  🙂

Go Irish!

I could not agree more.

Just think how bad we wanted Golden gone after just one year, and now look. Let’s hope Parker can do the same in year two!

• Cheers 1

I never had an issue with Golden his first year. Sure things he needed to improve but nothing too terrible. Plus, he had experience. Parker is doing on the job training at ND. Expect more. I have seen enough of delayed handoffs to estime on 3rd and 4th  down short yardage situations to know, he isnt the answer. I also estime had 12 yard run against ohio state on last drive, nd trying to bleed clock and our 235pound clock bleeder was taken out. Remember rbs catching balls in first few games of year, that completely died off until first bye week when he remembered oh ya that worked. Hartman wasnt as great as we hoped but you could see from hartmans performance and patience level that Parkers offense was doing him no favors. No rollouts, rarely any slants, etc. Need experience especially with young head coach. If u guys like Freeman, u better hope parker is replaced otherwise it will be freeman i am afraid after year 3.

7 minutes ago, estimebicep said:

I never had an issue with Golden his first year. Sure things he needed to improve but nothing too terrible. Plus, he had experience. Parker is doing on the job training at ND. Expect more. I have seen enough of delayed handoffs to estime on 3rd and 4th  down short yardage situations to know, he isnt the answer. I also estime had 12 yard run against ohio state on last drive, nd trying to bleed clock and our 235pound clock bleeder was taken out. Remember rbs catching balls in first few games of year, that completely died off until first bye week when he remembered oh ya that worked. Hartman wasnt as great as we hoped but you could see from hartmans performance and patience level that Parkers offense was doing him no favors. No rollouts, rarely any slants, etc. Need experience especially with young head coach. If u guys like Freeman, u better hope parker is replaced otherwise it will be freeman i am afraid after year 3.

I guess we’ll have to wait and see?