Post game: #15 Notre Dame @ Clemson(Loss 31-23)

Just now, TexasDomer said:

I feel like we’re on the same page.  I’m actually happier than with Kelly, but if they cracked open that wallet for the OC last offseason what might have happened to our team?

Exactly!

14 minutes ago, estimebicep said:

I am just sad. I like freeman a lot but it makes me question him because he hired parker. Parker is not qualified nor good. I also like hartman and him to transfer in and sadly he isnt as good as i thought. It is just a disappointing year. Certain dudes like meriweather, liafau, henderson need to be sat down. If parker comes back then nd is in major trouble cuz it will be another wasted year. He is that bad.

Its been a struggle from Ohio State forward. I tend to think its not just Parker.  We can't continue to try and have a big time passing game without big time WR's. Early in the season, when the competition wasn't as strong and the WR's were making plays all over the field, how did Parker's playcalls look?

When the competition improved..and the WR's were no longer winning their battles and getting open...how did Hartman and Parker look?

Coaches have to be good..no doubt.  But players need to make plays. A coach can only do so much. I tend to think its the WR's holding back the offense more than Parker.

Edited by retch10
  • Trophy 1

8 minutes ago, Joey D.... said:

Oline, Hartman SOOOOOOOOOOOO OVERRATED

AND

GERARD PARKER IS AWFUL

I give Parker a 1 year pass, as with Golden last year - tough to cook a good meal with another guy's groceries, and in this case (OL and S&C) sub par sous-chefs. BWDIK

• Heart 1

20 minutes ago, retch10 said:

Its been a struggle from Ohio State forward. I tend to think its not just Parker.  We can't continue to try and have a big time passing game without big time WR's. Early in the season, when the competition wasn't as strong and the WR's were making plays all over the field, how did Parker's playcalls look?

When the competition improved..and the WR's were no longer winning their battles and getting open...how did Hartman and Parker look?

Coaches have to be good..no doubt.  But players need to make plays. A coach can only do so much. I tend to think its the WR's holding back the offense more than Parker.

I don’t know? I feel this is more on Stuckey than the players.

The reason is I feel the receivers have regressed big time as the season has gone on, and there are a lot of great players in that room. It’s just so unacceptable they have not gotten better 10 games in! Like, how can they not get separation!?

Point is, if Stuckey can’t get it figured out soon, it’s time to move on!

33 minutes ago, Baldy said:

I don’t know? I feel this is more on Stuckey than the players.

The reason is I feel the receivers have regressed big time as the season has gone on, and there are a lot of great players in that room. It’s just so unacceptable they have not gotten better 10 games in! Like, how can they not get separation!?

Point is, if Stuckey can’t get it figured out soon, it’s time to move on!

I find it fascinating that people always blame coaches. ??? There is only so much a coach can do. 

im not sure separation is something that is taught. Like I said earlier, as the opposition has improved, they have shown they aren’t “great”. They’ve shown they are injured, young, or just average. Or some combination of all of them depending on which one we are talking about. 

The wideouts being average makes us much easier to defend. No one is afraid to get beat over the top.  Hurts the run game, hurts protection.  

• Trophy 1

Play Angeli the rest of the way. Nothing left to plaY for this season. Thank Sam for his mediocrity, and move on.

Say bye to Bertrand, Liuifoo, and the other group of five talent at LB too. 

the center and guards are FBS caliber as well!

(lots of booze for this 11:00am start…..)

• Flames 1

9 minutes ago, Joey D.... said:

Play Angeli the rest of the way. Nothing left to plaY for this season. Thank Sam for his mediocrity, and move on.

Say bye to Bertrand, Liuifoo, and the other group of five talent at LB too. 

the center and guards are FBS caliber as well!

(lots of booze for this 11:00am start…..)

We were on our 3rd string center

10 minutes ago, retch10 said:

I find it fascinating that people always blame coaches. ??? There is only so much a coach can do. 

im not sure separation is something that is taught. Like I said earlier, as the opposition has improved, they have shown they aren’t “great”. They’ve shown they are injured, young, or just average. Or some combination of all of them depending on which one we are talking about. 

The wideouts being average makes us much easier to defend. No one is afraid to get beat over the top.  Hurts the run game, hurts protection.  

Sure, but you can’t disagree that they have regressed. And that’s on coaching!

Also, speed can’t be taught, but getting separation can.

They are also not average. They are just not being coached to their potential!

Seems to be more on Hartman and Parker, or that Clemson held a lot that game and nothing was called.

1 minute ago, Baldy said:

Sure, but you can’t disagree that they have regressed. And that’s on coaching!

Also, speed can’t be taught, but getting separation can.

They are also not average. They are just not being coached to their potential!

Seems to be more on Hartman and Parker, or that Clemson held a lot that game and nothing was called.

I can disagree that they’ve regressed. I’d say this is who they are right now and the schedule got tougher. I think you’re overvaluing the talent. We all read the articles about how great they are through camp..we remember their recruitment rank..but it’s not showing up on the field  

I guess I’m not gonna get through on this. Hartman needs someone to throw to…Parker needs players to “win” plays. Sure, coaching plays a role but you’re just not gonna swap out Parker and Stuckey and see this group just start putting on a show. They are who they are. 

Flores and Greathouse look promising.  They’re young. Playing early in the season, their talent was on display. But as the opposition corners improved ohio state forward, you see they’re freshman. Merriweather just hasn’t lived up to his billing yet. Thomas has been hurt.  

my honest evaluation is “unrealistic expectations” and I think the worst thing you can do for player development is start switching coaches 

56 minutes ago, Wharton70 said:

In 60 years as a fan & student, I've seen A LOT worse, and seen tougher situations turned around. Hang in.

Hanging in isn’t the issue. They will always be my team, but I have seen nothing from this offense to make me think there is any potential of becoming a high level operation.

Golden’s defense last year showed multiple flashes of brilliance and was pretty good most of the year. The offense this year has not shown up against any team with a pulse. Every loss is almost a direct result of offensive failures and most of the wins were in spite of the offense. I get wanting to build off a strong foundation and allow time to grow, but there is no foundation. The offense is irreparably broken and trotting the same thing out there next year is a recipe for disaster.

4 hours ago, mcgov12 said:

I agree with your points. ND is dealing with an untested HC who is still learning, not a great combo for this fan base. Had the team improved since BK left? Maybe, hard to say if the coaching isn’t doing them any favors. I’m withholding until this off-season, but I would like to see some changes on the staff

Freeman is not entirely the problem. His mistake promoting a Zero experienced OC cord. Golden has been good. Hartman has been declining since Duke. He seems to have been affected by the early Heisman talk and forgot how to throw on time and accurately. The OC has no game plan for short passes with a sub par receiver corps. Let’s through bombs and long ? 

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, retch10 said:

I can disagree that they’ve regressed. I’d say this is who they are right now and the schedule got tougher. I think you’re overvaluing the talent. We all read the articles about how great they are through camp..we remember their recruitment rank..but it’s not showing up on the field  

I guess I’m not gonna get through on this. Hartman needs someone to throw to…Parker needs players to “win” plays. Sure, coaching plays a role but you’re just not gonna swap out Parker and Stuckey and see this group just start putting on a show. They are who they are. 

Flores and Greathouse look promising.  They’re young. Playing early in the season, their talent was on display. But as the opposition corners improved ohio state forward, you see they’re freshman. Merriweather just hasn’t lived up to his billing yet. Thomas has been hurt.  

my honest evaluation is “unrealistic expectations” and I think the worst thing you can do for player development is start switching coaches 

This right here kind of proves my point, so that’s coaching. So, it appears it did get through.

However, I do get what you’re saying in not switching out coaches.

Just not pleased with the product on the field.

The coaches are responsible for the game results. They both receive credit and blame at times when they shouldn't. Goes with the job. The standard should be at a minimum New Year's six bowl games. 

Accountability should be demanded all around. The offense is underperforming.  How is ND supposed to convince top 150 QBs and WRs to join this team?  

I think most everyone wants Freeman to exceed. He's very likable. I question his ability to properly motivate coaches and players. Players and coaches need to hate losing almost more than they love winning. 

• Heart 1
  • Flames 1