Post Game - #10 Notre Dame at #25 Louisville (Lose 33-20)

5 minutes ago, FlexD said:

The status quo ain't gonna get it done. I hope that Freeman can get things turned around, but man it's been hard watching

We’ll, when you have three night games in a row, and two on the road, what do you think is going to happen? No other team has done that! That’s a for real gauntlet, and no matter who the team is! Basically, that would be tough for any coach!

Just now, FaithInIrish Forever said:

Thats a good statement. Very cool of you to calm down. Please stick around and post.

I'm calm and not upset, I just see what I see. I go back a long way with ND football but some of the in-game decisions are very questionable, one that comes to mind tonight was late in the first half with under a minute left Hartman gets sacked on 2nd down and instead of letting the clock run we call a timeout, we punt they drive down and lucky for us they missed the FG. These are the type of bad in-game decisions that I've seen with this staff.

• Heart 1

Just now, FlexD said:

I'm calm and not upset, I just see what I see. I go back a long way with ND football but some of the in-game decisions are very questionable, one that comes to mind tonight was late in the first half with under a minute left Hartman gets sacked on 2nd down and instead of letting the clock run we call a timeout, we punt they drive down and lucky for us they missed the FG. These are the type of bad in-game decisions that I've seen with this staff.

definitely a second year coach. The 4 and 11 was math related. 11 vs 14 is not that different but like you said the halftime one was really bad.

• Heart 1

Offense: O-Line looked like a bunch of newbies. The biggest disappointment was Blake Fisher, but overall, the whole line appeared to not care. I mean, it didn’t even look like they showed up! Hartman…wow! He went full 2022 Louisville, and decided to take his zero turnover performance on the season and go full retard and give up three. Can I say overrated at this point? Merriweather had one good catch, but other than that, nothing! At this point, I feel he needs to be on specials teams only. Dude is trash, so I say give his scholarship to Faison. Oh, and Gerad Parker is in over is head and can’t call a good game against a good defense to save his life! He needs to be demoted back to TE coach, and Notre Dame needs to pay a lot for a great OC!

Defense: Played okay, but once again, had quite a few missed tackles, and that one penalty Liufau had was a killer! Speaking of, the Liufau experiment is over, and Botelho is the single biggest disappointment of the entire D-Line!

Special Teams: Besides the two kicks that Shrader made, which really surprised me, the whole unit is a total joke. I honestly feel Biagi should be fired!

Okay, rant over. But man, what a disaster!

• Cheers 1

Next week is going to suck. I think SC is the best team we are going to face all year, much better than SC. I think they have too much talent and it will be a loss. To be fair I think it would be a loss whether we’re 5-2 or 7-0. ND glory is still out of reach. 

I watched Freeman’s part of the press conference, and all I have to say is, I’m so over him saying they need to hold themselves accountable as coaches talk! Hey, I get it, and it’s the right thing to do, but again, I’m tired of hearing it and want to see it on the field!!

The Irish were outplayed pure and simple, it happens. and tonight, Louisville was the better team. The running game never got going making ND one dimensional and Hartman had an off-night thanks in part to the O lines performance. Poor tackling, costly penalties and turnovers always spell disaster.

Edited by ndmike88

Based on the last few weeks, I think it is pretty safe to say that

1. Sam Hartman is an incredibly average QB that has great stats based on playing 5 years in a gimmicky offense. He is inaccurate and (in year 6) makes poor decisions. There is a reason the NFL had/has him rated so low.   ....though, he still has great hair!

2. Al Golden is not a good coordinator. The defense is undisciplined and sloppy. The play calling and tackling border on the BVG level.

3. Parker has the same issues BK and TR had and is unable to adjust his play calling based on what the defense is doing. I don't want to play armchair QB, but his play calling on critical downs is embarrassing. 

4. S&C - Let's just say I have concerns.

• Flames 1

8 hours ago, FaithInIrish Forever said:

definitely a second year coach. The 4 and 11 was math related. 11 vs 14 is not that different but like you said the halftime one was really bad.

Venables is a second year coach. Seems like he has his team moving in the right direction. 
A team with 5 turnovers pretty much never wins. 
But, there are a lot of issues with the coaching. And how the coaches design plays and call plays put players in position for success as well as turnovers and failure. 
Just maddening. ND should be better at this juncture than that.

• Flames 1

This team is hard to watch. The OL is just bad. Hell the whole team is bad. Our DBs are Horrible our pass rush is trash. This team is not good. 

News flash have you ever noticed all the teams like Michigan,  Penn State...FSU, these team were garbage and are now better than us. They never grow talent, they always plateu, they are never really great and we are always average and we will continue to be average. All people do is make excuses for this school. Call a spade a spade they are not good  and not worth your time or energy. At least I can stop watching them for the year. If I wanted to watch bad football and horrible coaching, I would walk down the street to my local high-school on Friday night. 

MarcusnFreeman is not the guy. 

Give me my theme music!!!!

2 hours ago, IrishGuy said:

Based on the last few weeks, I think it is pretty safe to say that

1. Sam Hartman is an incredibly average QB that has great stats based on playing 5 years in a gimmicky offense. He is inaccurate and (in year 6) makes poor decisions. There is a reason the NFL had/has him rated so low.   ....though, he still has great hair!

2. Al Golden is not a good coordinator. The defense is undisciplined and sloppy. The play calling and tackling border on the BVG level.

3. Parker has the same issues BK and TR had and is unable to adjust his play calling based on what the defense is doing. I don't want to play armchair QB, but his play calling on critical downs is embarrassing. 

4. S&C - Let's just say I have concerns.

This right here!! Very well said!