UA Apparel Deal

Forgive me because I’m sure there’s already a topic on it, but I couldn’t find it. UA lost their exclusive window for negotiating a new apparel contract with ND, now set to expire after 2024 seasons. What are you guys thoughts? What would you like to see?

I’m admittedly a total Nike and Jordan slut and would love to see that, but the most likely scenario is probably a new UA deal. I like their stuff fine, but hate the shoes. Gotta think the younger generations would prefer the Nike/Jordan brand too

• Heart 4

For some unfathomable reason, I once bought a pair of UA running shoes. Worst shoes running shoes ever. The Converse All Stars I sported in high school were better, much much much better.

• Heart 1

20 minutes ago, jimbo said:

For some unfathomable reason, I once bought a pair of UA running shoes. Worst shoes running shoes ever. The Converse All Stars I sported in high school were better, much much much better.

Same. I’ve had a couple pairs and each one was terrible. Only shoes I like from UA are these sneaker/slides that don’t have really laces and I use as office shoes. Lightweight and comfortable as hell, but sneakers I’m a Nike and Jordan guy all the way

Interesting article on The Athletic which would think outside the box

ND signs a non shoe exclusive apparel deal that would outfit the teams with uniforms gear ect but allow players to sign their own shoe deal through NIL. This would really attract top players and allow them to maximize NIL in the way NIL, and Notre Dame envisioned. 

That approach, while unlikely, would be HUGE to mens and womens basketball. 

Edited by Synoptico
  • Heart 1
  • Flames 1

I only buy UA because they are our brand. Their footwear is absolute dog sh!t… would be happy to see them move on except for the fact I’ll have a closet full of stuff I won’t wear - similar to the relics in the archive of Adidas and Champion wear clogging up my closet…

Wish we would go back to Champion for apparel, we haven't won it all since we last wore them.  Wanna be a champ wear Champion, seems a bit prophetic no.

Let the players wear whatever cleat brand they want.  Iowa is a Nike school, but I would've thrown a fit if they told me I couldn't wear my Gable Asics and had to have shitty Nikes on the mat.

Edited by jessemoore97
  • Cheers 1

• 1 month later...

I'm surprised that after all these years, UA hasn't improved their footwear.  I mean, you could hire some shoe experts from competitors to better understand the technology and develop a better product, unless most of shoe design is patent protected.

On 6/21/2023 at 10:54 AM, TexasDomer said:

I’d like to see our apparel contract go to whoever makes those shoes that have the individual toes….

I will never forget one of my brothers bringing those to a mud run that me, him and 2 other brothers were doing. He was harassed until he went out the night before and bought a new pair of shoes. And rightfully so

• 1 month later...