2024 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

5 hours ago, Burkdd0012 said:

Jr day must of went awesome. I wasn’t expecting any crystal balls for guys especially Scott and brauntee 

Yeah, it's nice to see all those crystal balls coming out like this. Would always see the likes of Bama, Georgia etc, with a ton of crystals after a big recruiting weekend or jr day, but never ND. Until now. Really good to see this (finally).

Also, quite a haul on the DL if they all do commit to ND when all is said and done!

• Trophy 1

On 1/15/2023 at 10:05 PM, irishwavend said:

We hired a badass to head our NIL, so I finally feel like NIL won’t be a problem for ND and actually could separate us since we have the donors…. It’s about time…

Her role is more of a Marketing job. She’s in charge of finding NIL opportunities for current athletes, not paying recruits. 

21 hours ago, jbrown_9999 said:

BTW, Styles Prescod might be underrated; Just received offers from ND, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Penn St in past 2-3 days. Previously, Iowa, Purdue, Cincinnati, Kentucky, Duke, Pitt, and Louisville were his best offers and they were made last fall. 

Curious if Styles has added height and/or weight and that changed folks thoughts about him.

He’s ok but they need Lambert way more. You can’t just settle for lower rated players bc they’re easier to sign.  

1 hour ago, XanderCrews said:

He’s ok but they need Lambert way more. You can’t just settle for lower rated players bc they’re easier to sign.  

It is not an either or situation. Lambert is viewed as a RT more. Prescod is expected to get a lot more attention in the next year from a lot of teams. 

On 1/13/2023 at 11:53 PM, XanderCrews said:

Scott commits on the 31st. If ND doesn’t get him, Washington’s ass better be on the hot seat. He drug his feet on this recruitment. And if he goes somewhere else, I don’t want to hear the BS NIL excuse. That doesn’t cut it here. Freeman is a great recruiter, but he needs to make some of his staff (Washington, O’Leary) up their game. 

Whose your source whispering in your ear that Washington is dragging his feet in Scott's recruitment?

1 hour ago, Jersey Irish said:

Whose your source whispering in your ear that Washington is dragging his feet in Scott's recruitment?

I'm not a fan of XanderCrews, but there is actually some talk about how Washington was not doing very well in Scott's recruitment, so Al Golden and Freeman took it over, did the Chicago Blitz, and made the visit to Scott themselves. IrishBreakdown discussed it in more detail, though some of it is premium content currently from my understanding.

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, XanderCrews said:

Loy wrote today: "Offensive line coach Harry Hiestand is in the Boston area to do some recruiting on Tuesday. Most notably, he’s expected at Catholic Memorial in West Roxbury, Mass., to check in on class of 2024 four-star offensive lineman Guerby Lambert, who is among those at the top of the board for the Fighting Irish. My Crystal Ball is on Notre Dame."

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, XanderCrews said:

You might have missed my question. In one weekend, Prescod received offers from three blue blood programs(ND, Michigan, and Penn St)  and another one from Wisconsin. All four are better schools than had previously offered him. Since I do not believe in coincidence, I was wondering if there was a reason for the sudden interest. 

2 hours ago, jbrown_9999 said:

You might have missed my question. In one weekend, Prescod received offers from three blue blood programs(ND, Michigan, and Penn St)  and another one from Wisconsin. All four are better schools than had previously offered him. Since I do not believe in coincidence, I was wondering if there was a reason for the sudden interest. 

Something tells me he won't be so "underrated" for long.

6 hours ago, Jersey Irish said:

Loy wrote today: "Offensive line coach Harry Hiestand is in the Boston area to do some recruiting on Tuesday. Most notably, he’s expected at Catholic Memorial in West Roxbury, Mass., to check in on class of 2024 four-star offensive lineman Guerby Lambert, who is among those at the top of the board for the Fighting Irish. My Crystal Ball is on Notre Dame."

He better be. Can’t let him get away.

2 hours ago, XanderCrews said:

Don’t care, even appropriately rated, he’s not better than Lambert. 

You feel the same way 3 years ago with Fischer v Alt?  Lambert may be really good and they are recruiting him, but we still need to get quality depth.

Its early, rankings change, kids blow up, etc.  Nothings certain until signing day.