2024 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

8 hours ago, foreverirish34 said:

This fits here? Can anyone answer?

I don't know the specifics, but he has really blown up as a national recruit so everyone is on him hard.ย  Something seemed to happen prior to the Clemson game, as he was supposed to be in attendance.ย 

This is a shame since he goes to a phenomenal high school at St Ignatius in Chicago.ย  He must be a really bright kid as that school is very difficult to get into.

I have not paid any attention to 2024 recruiting....need to make it through 2023 signing day but taking a look at the last few posts Justin Scott based on ranking, measurables and location is someone the Irish must get.ย  Any idea though why there are only 2 OL listed on Page 1?ย  Does this need to be updated or waiting for 2023 to finish before Harry can really get traction with more 2024 kids?ย ย 

• 4 weeks later...

I think his timing clearly speaks to this recruiting cycle, though.ย  Not coincidental on his part.ย  I was excited.ย  He's a player!ย  AND he's trying to bolster this class because he gets it!ย  Bet he's pinging OL and 2023 targets!ย 

This 2023 class is different, better than the past BY FAR.ย  And they're still ND-type kids.ย  They're coming as a group.ย  Divas can head to 'Bama.ย  We're building team.

• 4 weeks later...

Justin Scott seems to be just what we need a big highly rated DL. But after reading the article the other seven schools are in his final list for football reasons and ND for academic. Hmmmmโ€ฆ.I know nothing about this kid but it appears ND is only there because it is the PC school.

40 minutes ago, ND_JACK said:

Justin Scott seems to be just what we need a big highly rated DL. But after reading the article the other seven schools are in his final list for football reasons and ND for academic. Hmmmmโ€ฆ.I know nothing about this kid but it appears ND is only there because it is the PC school.

Well if he lists ND for academic reasons then hopefully next season helps this kid include it as a football reason as well.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, ND_JACK said:

Did you expect him to list Harvard, Stanford, Northwestern, Vanderbilt?ย 

He's a top DL in the class. Feel good that ND is in his list which has schools noteworthy for football and/or NIL (of which ND can claim some of both).ย 

Not to acknowledge that ND may have a NIL headwind to overcome in this case.

Edited by jbrown_9999

8 hours ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Did you expect him to list Harvard, Stanford, Northwestern, Vanderbilt?ย 

He's a top DL in the class. Feel good that ND is in his list which has schools noteworthy for football and/or NIL (of which ND can claim some of both).ย 

Not to acknowledge that ND may have a NIL headwind to overcome in this case.

Lolโ€ฆ..I said I was happy we made his list. But after reading his rationale for the 8 teams that made his list the other 7 were teamโ€™s reasons were football related and NDs was the only academic relatedโ€ฆ..I just felt our chances were not goodโ€ฆthatโ€™s all.