As the skunkbears turn

What Gattis sent to his players. 
“Fellas, it’s with a broken heart i write this," the text read. "I am resigning my position here at Michigan to go to another university. I have given everything i have to you guys and michigan. I sacrificed so much personally to stand in the fight with each of you which i would never take back. Unfortunately the past few weeks has told a different story to me about the very little appreciation i have here from administration. In life i would never advise anyone to be where they are not wanted and i owe that to my family and my integrity to hold myself to this standard! I Love each and every one of you to the bottom of my heart. Our memories will never be forgotten but our struggles is what makes us who we are today it’s what grew this love and will forever hold it together! i am the biggest fan of you, and biggest friend of you. Most importantly I am one phone call always if you need anything ever. Love you guys!"

5 hours ago, nd1989 said:

Things are not good in MI. I don’t quite understand what’s going on.
1. There’s an article out today that states when Harbaugh was thought to leave, Gattis met with the AD Manuel and learned he wouldn’t be considered for HC. Hart was first choice. 
2. Hart thought he was getting the HC position. When Harbaugh came back, Hart is rumored to be entertaining RB coach NFL offers. He is probably gone soon. 
3.  Defensive HC and DL gone. 
4.  Looks like Bellamy S coach may move to WR. 

I’m not sure if this is Harbaugh or if the coaches are just sick of the admin. Either way it’s not stable there. 

Giants need a RB coach

I read that Harbaugh went to Minn fully expecting to take the job only to find out that the owner considered him just another interview.  I guess the results suggest that Harbaugh overplayed his hand.  I would assume his asking price was a bit too outrageous.  Anyway, hoping all of it benefits ND!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Rocketsan said:

Told ya this was a cash grab…

If it was, Harbaugh went full method actor (which...makes a ton of sense) because he was saying good bye to people at UM prior to going to the interview, every Vikings reporter said he wanted the job, etc. 

May have taken things too far and pissed off a lot of his coaching staff at UM, but I'm sure the ones that stayed will get over it. 

Edited by Pregame

22 minutes ago, Pregame said:

If it was, Harbaugh went full method actor (which...makes a ton of sense) because he was saying good bye to people at UM prior to going to the interview, every Vikings reporter said he wanted the job, etc. 

May have taken things too far and pissed off a lot of his coaching staff at UM, but I'm sure the ones that stayed will get over it. 

I know you don’t want to go through a coaching search out of spite, but if I were UM I’d have taken a long, hard look at telling Captain Khakis to pound sand when he came back with his tail between his legs.

3 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

he wanted that NFL job and went into that interview with the thought he already had it... Plenty of reports saying he was telling everyone good bye. Worked out for him though.

This exactly. He didn’t even prepare for the interview like he should had. He thought it was his and went into it that way. Michigan could of definitely played “Hard-ball”… But they didn’t have a back up plan and are still very fragile as a program. One good year doesn’t mean they are back. Just look at us. 

On 2/17/2022 at 10:23 PM, coltssb said:

This exactly. He didn’t even prepare for the interview like he should had. He thought it was his and went into it that way. Michigan could of definitely played “Hard-ball”… But they didn’t have a back up plan and are still very fragile as a program. One good year doesn’t mean they are back. Just look at us. 

A good year in a weak big 10 

7 hours ago, ObieKnobbe said:

A good year in a weak big 10 

Right.  But they haven't even been able to get to this point since his tenure.  So of course they were stoked for last season.  My friend(Michigan fan) seems to think they can repeat because of that schedule again.  I'm looking at it and I am not so sure.  I still think Nebraska or Minnesota is going to get either Michigan or Ohio State this year.   Those two teams been on the verge of almost upsetting the top teams for awhile before flaming out.  I'm calling this year to be the year one of those teams knocks one of those teams out.  

Juwan Howard Michigan bb coach is a real ahole…..can’t believe he threw this cheap shot just because the Wisconsin coach called a time out at the end of the game….he should be fired. Let’s see what Michigan and the Big 10 do.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/33336910/michigan-coach-juwan-howard-throws-blow-wisconsin-men-basketball-assistant-loss

2 hours ago, ND_JACK said:

Juwan Howard Michigan bb coach is a real ahole…..can’t believe he threw this cheap shot just because the Wisconsin coach called a time out at the end of the game….he should be fired. Let’s see what Michigan and the Big 10 do.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/33336910/michigan-coach-juwan-howard-throws-blow-wisconsin-men-basketball-assistant-loss

He had his team full court pressing with 15 seconds. IMO, deflates any sportsmanship argument he might have about Wisconsin timeout

• Cheers 1

I think he should be fired but they’ll probably just suspend him. Woody Hayes  got fired for punching a player. Granted, it was a player and not a coach, but that punch started a melee with players throwing punches. It’s also a different time and players have way more leniency than before. 
Now for the “sportsmanship” handshake—-that’s another argument.