As the skunkbears turn

1 hour ago, nd1989 said:

I told everyone this a month ago. Just based on what happened he had to have been pissed

Could be. Yeah my friend texted me last night said if Minnesota or Miami offer he’s gone.  But up until the actual interview being made Harbaugh hasn’t came out publicly that he was interested. It kept Michigan people waiting on the balance. 
Man, I hope he goes. I also wished Day would of went to the Bears. ND might of had a free year of awesome recruiting as the big boy in the Midwest. They still might but Day and Ohio Stare are still going to do well no matter what. Wonder what Elston is thinking now. Also, how about that Walker?  Are you happy now with your decision:). 

• Heart 2

Jimm Harbaugh will head to Minnesota on Wednesday, and Chris Balas of The Wolverine reports Tuesday night that those at Michigan believe his trip to the Twin Cities will be more of a formality than an interview.

Harbaugh was not in his office at Schembechler Hall today. Other sources told TheWolverine.com that while he didn’t address the team, he did say some “goodbyes” and “thank yous” yesterday. That he would even arrange the trip for the first Wednesday in February -- the opening of the February signing period -- says perhaps all one needs to know. Michigan is not expected to sign anyone Wednesday -- 3-star edge rusher Kevonte Henry, a Wolverine commit since last summer, is expected to flip to Oklahoma -- but it's still symbolic that Harbaugh's in-person interview/coronation arrives on National Signing Day. On one of the biggest recruiting days of the college football calendar, Harbaugh has closed up shop while preparing for the next challenge.

• Heart 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, SDIrishFan said:

Made my night. PLEASE PLEASE be the thing that sends Moore our way!

That’s my hope. It’ll be interesting to see if Michigan goes ND’s route and promotes a young Asst like Gattis or Hart. I’ve heard people in the College Football media say Fickell will be a target, I just don’t see him taking that job.

7 minutes ago, Jersey Irish said:

Jimm Harbaugh will head to Minnesota on Wednesday, and Chris Balas of The Wolverine reports Tuesday night that those at Michigan believe his trip to the Twin Cities will be more of a formality than an interview.

Harbaugh was not in his office at Schembechler Hall today. Other sources told TheWolverine.com that while he didn’t address the team, he did say some “goodbyes” and “thank yous” yesterday. That he would even arrange the trip for the first Wednesday in February -- the opening of the February signing period -- says perhaps all one needs to know. Michigan is not expected to sign anyone Wednesday -- 3-star edge rusher Kevonte Henry, a Wolverine commit since last summer, is expected to flip to Oklahoma -- but it's still symbolic that Harbaugh's in-person interview/coronation arrives on National Signing Day. On one of the biggest recruiting days of the college football calendar, Harbaugh has closed up shop while preparing for the next challenge.

My only pushback is the Feb Signing Day has lost a massive amount of significance. In reality December isn’t “early” signing day, it’s just signing day, February is late signing day.

24 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

That’s my hope. It’ll be interesting to see if Michigan goes ND’s route and promotes a young Asst like Gattis or Hart. I’ve heard people in the College Football media say Fickell will be a target, I just don’t see him taking that job.

Apparently he’s close with the QB coach. Depending on what happens with him with determine a lot of this as well.

55 minutes ago, SDIrishFan said:

Apparently he’s close with the QB coach. Depending on what happens with him with determine a lot of this as well.

I saw from Michigan beat guys, the QB coach is expected to go with him, but mostly educated speculation from what I can tell. 

• Heart 3

7 hours ago, AnTostal said:

As a life-long Vikings fan, I’m not sure what to think if Harbaugh becomes their coach. 

He will instantly be the best head coach in the North and his mock staff sounds impressive. If he's able to make those hires, things in Minnesota will be looking up. They have trade ammo in Daniel Hunter and Cousins if they decide to make some big changes, Hunter does not really fit a 3/4 defense but would fetch a nice return. 

11 hours ago, AnTostal said:

As a life-long Vikings fan, I’m not sure what to think if Harbaugh becomes their coach. 

As a life-long Bears fan, I'd be happy if Harbaugh would have become the Bears coach. I know many think he's a douche, but he is a good coach and has been successful pretty much everywhere he's been.

3 hours ago, Irish_Thunder said:

He will instantly be the best head coach in the North and his mock staff sounds impressive. If he's able to make those hires, things in Minnesota will be looking up. They have trade ammo in Daniel Hunter and Cousins if they decide to make some big changes, Hunter does not really fit a 3/4 defense but would fetch a nice return. 

He’ll be a good coach there, I’m sure. I’ve just had a lifetime of hating all things UM-related, and he is the embodiment of that. I’ll take solace in that he had a great run a San Francisco and the Vikings have an ownership/organizational structure that is more geared to success than some other teams (Cowboys, for instance).