As the skunkbears turn

The soap opera that is Michigan football continues.

In the last episode, Mike Elston  left ND to take the same  job as DL coach for the Skunkbears.

In the latest episode, Baltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh raids his brother, Jim's coaching staff  at Michigan to hire DC  Mike McDonald as the Ravens new DC. As that is happening, the new GM of the Vikings wants to interview Michigan's  Jim Harbaugh  to be the next coach of the Vikings.

The preview of the next episode shows Elston jumping up and  down thinking  he will be named as Michigan's next DC while Jim Harbough flies to Minneapolis where he may be offered the Vikings job on the spot as Elston then realizes if that happens, he may be out of a job altogether.

Stay tuned for the next episode of "As the skunkbnears turn."

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Jersey Irish said:

The soap opera that is Michigan football continues.

In the last episode, Mike Elston  left ND to take the same  job as DL coach for the Skunkbears.

In the latest episode, Baltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh raids his brother, Jim's coaching staff  at Michigan to hire DC  Mike McDonald as the Ravens new DC. As that is happening, the new GM of the Vikings wants to interview Michigan's  Jim Harbaugh  to be the next coach of the Vikings.

The preview of the next episode shows Elston jumping up and  down thinking  he will be named as Michigan's next DC while Jim Harbough flies to Minneapolis where he may be offered the Vikings job on the spot as Elston then realizes if that happens, he may be out of a job altogether.

Stay tuned for the next episode of "As the skunkbnears turn."

Anything that helps with Moore I’m all for.

• Leprechaun 1

I’d be surprised if it was Miami. There owner is a Michigan alum who bleeds those ugly colors. He’s said before he wouldn’t want to take away from his alma mater. BUT, he is a owner and loves money. I’m sure he wants to win too. 

I still think Harbaugh is trying to get a pay bump from Mich.  However, if not some interesting dominoes could start falling for ND.

If he leaves I would guess Moore is coming to ND which could cause Tate to do the same.  Those 2 recruits could really change things for ND now and going forward.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, 4thand1 said:

I still think Harbaugh is trying to get a pay bump from Mich.  However, if not some interesting dominoes could start falling for ND.

If he leaves I would guess Moore is coming to ND which could cause Tate to do the same.  Those 2 recruits could really change things for ND now and going forward.

Why would he want a pay bump?  He’s taking a pay cut so his coordinators can get more. He also signed an incentive based salary that allows him to get Saban type money-beating Ohio State, winning the b10, playoffs etc. 

Lastly, he’s been paid well in the pros and as a college coach already. The guy hardly needs much more money. 
I’m only slightly versed in this matter because I’ve asked these same questions to my Michigan friend who’s basically saying what I wrote. 
Harbaughs a weird dude. He also plays out his contract and usually decides then. He doesn’t really listen to noise so it’s really hard to gauge him. Harbaugh is STILL under contract. So, he’s not in a hurry to go or Michigan isn’t worried YET, unless he says otherwise. Then they’ll try to match whatever a team offers. Crazier things happened. 
At this point, I can just pray he goes and ND gets Moore as others have suggested. 

He took a pay cut heading into this season in order to keep his job.  With Mich winning the B10 and reaching the CFP, a pay raise is not a crazy request.  Harbaugh has probably already brought up how much Tucker is getting from MSU.  How can Mich say no to a pay raise request?  It would be a disaster if he leaves especially this late in the cycle.  I hope he leaves but I don't think it happens.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh will interview for the Vikings' head-coaching vacancy Wednesday.

The two sides spoke over the weekend to gauge interest, and they'll now meet in person Wednesday. One would think the job is Harbaugh's if he wants it. He wouldn't be going through all of this if there wasn't interest from his side, and it's already been reported Harbaugh has perked up at the thought of the Minnesota gig. This could come together pretty quickly this week. 49ers DC DeMeco Ryans declined a second interview with the Vikings, so perhaps that's a sign he thinks Harbaugh will get the gig.

And he is flying to Minneapolis on National Signing Day! Recruits can not be happy about that! The irony of this move by the skiunkbears coach is that it comes on Groundhog's Day! LOL

Love seeing this program fall apart quickly.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, nd1989 said:

I told everyone this a month ago. Just based on what happened he had to have been pissed

I feel like he never was 100% about Michigan people.  He said a lot of stuff about them even before he was coach, so I never thought he’d put up with too much of the bs.

I have no insider information (and am not particularly bright) but I get the feel that this is all just a negotiating ploy with UM. Seems like Oakland was his if he wanted it and it just never heated up. Given that he's sniffing at a job that his ole SF buddy is at and another that is all tied up/invested in UM smells like driving the price up. Of course, let's hope I'm wrong. If harbs was to leave UM at this point they'd be pretty f'd.