Lacrosse 2016

The Irish are back in action tomorrow at noon on espnu at unc. This game determines the number one seed for the ACC tournament. unc has been a streaky team so this game can really go either way. Hopefully the Irish used their 10 days off to get healthy and figure out their offensive middie lines and movements!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yikes, 5 goal lead and you give up 7 in a row? I'm sorry but this team isn't wining it all.

Inexcusable meltdown by Doss. They're still the best team in the country in a weak field, as long as Doss doesn't get mind fcked from today, they're fine. However, Duke in the first round of the ACC isn't a gimme.

There's been even better talent last couple of years, and we all no how that played out.

The field is weak. And no, they weren't better in'14. People forget that was a bubble team. Doss has been great all year, I'm going to believe today was just a blip on the radar. If they end up losing in the conf tournament, especially in the first round, I'll feel differently.

Just got to watch the game.

Encouraging news:

Collins and Brosco were back and it showed. The offense looked good today. Kav continues to be getting better and is making everyone around him better!

Discouraging:

Doss-Freakin' A terrible today. He just wasn't seeing the ball well at all and was just making motion saves rather than following the stick/ball.

Reffing:Seriously bad. I mean really bad. It was definitely home town reffing.

Defense as a whole made lots of mental errors.

Duke is up next and is riding their normal end of the season momentum. Duke's offense is LOADED with talent and they will be out for revenge. It won't surprise me in the least if ND drops another game on Friday.

Edited by irishrb

The Irish drop to #4 in the polls this week. I actually think the ACC tournament is going to be pretty big for them. IMO, this team has not really put it all together yet. They are incredibly balanced, but are always missing something. It's time to strap a sack and start playing downhill. If they lose to Duke, it is really going to start to affect their seeding and make a tough path to championship weekend!

Edited by irishrb

BIG game tonight at 8:30 as ND takes on duke again in the first round of the ACC tourney. I think this is big for momentum/confidence as we head into May. Duke is actually one of the hottest teams out there right now, but if ND beats them, they will be on the bubble. ND is slated as a 3 seed right now in the latest bracketology and they can't afford to fall any further, or it really will be a tough haul to get to championship weekend. If they win the ACC tourney, and beat army, they will probably get a 2 seed. The last time these 2 teams played, ND's defense hammered down in the second half, and myles jones really sucked it up. I wouldn't count on jones having another bad game so the Irish D better clamp down.

I want to see ND use 3 lines of middies and run this duke team to the ground. Push the ball. Duke has no depth at the middie line. Force myles jones to play defense and get him tired! If they do that, I think they can pull it out.

Edited by irishrb

BIG game tonight at 8:30 as ND takes on duke again in the first round of the ACC tourney. I think this is big for momentum/confidence as we head into May. Duke is actually one of the hottest teams out there right now, but if ND beats them, they will be on the bubble. ND is slated as a 3 seed right now in the latest bracketology and they can't afford to fall any further, or it really will be a tough haul to get to championship weekend. If they win the ACC tourney, and beat army, they will probably get a 2 seed. The last time these 2 teams played, ND's defense hammered down in the second half, and myles jones really sucked it up. I wouldn't count on jones having another bad game so the Irish D better clamp down.

I want to see ND use 3 lines of middies and run this duke team to the ground. Push the ball. Duke has no depth at the middie line. Force myles jones to play defense and get him tired! If they do that, I think they can pull it out.

ND doing everything they can to hand another game away, tied up at 9. Wynne with a completely dumb fckin mistake that you can't make, essentially turned into a 2 goal swing.

Wynne blows it again with that penalty, but this is on ND's Defense. Honestly, I'm backing off my prediction for them to win, they're fatigued and they just don't have the depth. They can still win it based off talent, but they're trending down. Honestly, 9-3 with a loss in the 1st Round of the ACC isn't good enough for the talent on this team. It's easy to put this on Corrigan, but I think the player's need to own this.

Wynne blows it again with that penalty, but this is on ND's Defense. Honestly, I'm backing off my prediction for them to win, they're fatigued and they just don't have the depth. They can still win it based off talent, but they're trending down. Honestly, 9-3 with a loss in the 1st Round of the ACC isn't good enough for the talent on this team. It's easy to put this on Corrigan, but I think the player's need to own this.

1 freaking goal in the first, then 8 in the second half. Hell, blame could go both ways, but the fact it's happened twice in a week is embarrising.

Totally pead off right now face offs were huge put a freakin d pole out there Finley was useless and it took a toll on the d wynnes move was a game changer too. The offense just doesn't vibe well either. I feel very annoyed right now but I don't see this team as a final four team right now let alone a championship team