Lacrosse 2016

It's that time of year! Notre Dame men's lacrosse comes out pre-season #1, and in my opinion, anything less than a championship this year is going to be disappointing. It's time! This team has been on the brink of a championship for the last 6 years. This is the year!

ND has an elite attack player in Kavanagh. They have an elite midfielder in Perkovic. They have an elite defender in Landis. I don't know if I would call Doss, their goalie, elite, but he is streaky and pretty good. If you add in proven players like Wynne and Epple this team should be there!

As always faceoffs will factor in to their record, and they don't have a dominant one so that may hurt them here and there. I also think they will really miss Near, and his transitions. But it's college and no one is perfect.

Their schudule is crazy, as they play almost every top ten team out there...Literally. So I do expect about 3 regular season losses. That should still give them a good seed and hopefully an easier path to the championship game!

They open up in Atlanta this weekend against a good georgetown team. Hopefully they come ready to play and start their run!

GO IRISH!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ND 12 Georgetown 7

Notre Dame really controlled this game.

Perk looked his part and had, I believe, 4 goals. He's got a gun and looked like he couldn't be stopped.

Wynne looked better than ever with great off ball movement.

The D played pretty well. I actually thought they looked a little slow at times, but for the first game, not too bad.

Sexton, their LSM, looked phenomenal.

Finley also looked great at Faceoffs.

I do worry about Kav. I still don't think he looked himself and the announcers said he was by the trainers grimacing in the 4th quarter. IMO, Kav being healthy is huge. If they don't have him healthy, it is likely going to cost them.

Either way, pretty encouraging first game!

The LAX team doesn't have too many slam dunks on their schedule but today should be one of them. They take on Bellarmine at 5:00. It is being broadcast on UND.com! I will be curious to see how much Kav plays as it could be a good indicator of his current health progress.

ND beats bellarmine 11-6. The first half was basically a glorified scrimmage where ND totally dominated and worked different groups of middies to see what was going to work. In the second half, they totally lost their focus and looked like garbage. luckily it didnt' matter and it's something they can learn from. Kav did not play, which is concerning. Hopefully he's just healing from a secondary injury. 2-0!

ND has their last easy game of the year today and takes on detroit at 2:00. They actually gave ND a game in the tourney a few years ago but I don't expect this to be much of a game. I expect detroit to really try to slow the game down and keep it as low as possible to give them a chance but ND should still beat them pretty easily. The key to this game is for ND to find some lines that will work together, as it seems like Kav is really hurt. Hopefully they find some chemistry without him because their killer schedule is coming up next. The game is streamed live on WatchND at 2:00.

Unfortunately I was out of town and didn't get to watch the Irish beat detroit this weekend, but I do know Kav played a little, and Wynne and Perk dominated the game. Great news all around, as hopefully that's a sign that Kav is going to be okay and their stars are stepping up! Their schedule gauntlet starts next week as they travel to California to play a tough maryland team.

Unfortunately I was out of town and didn't get to watch the Irish beat detroit this weekend, but I do know Kav played a little, and Wynne and Perk dominated the game. Great news all around, as hopefully that's a sign that Kav is going to be okay and their stars are stepping up! Their schedule gauntlet starts next week as they travel to California to play a tough maryland team.

Is it some kind of National Showcase? Doesn't make much sense to have an east coast and midwest school go all the way out to California for a normal game.

Is it some kind of National Showcase? Doesn't make much sense to have an east coast and midwest school go all the way out to California for a normal game.

Ya, Pacific Coast Shootout....Trying to promote the sport out west, and what better team to do it than ND! Same thing they did in Atlanta....Using Notre Dame's brand name to try to get people interested.

Notre Dame has their first true test tonight as they take on a loaded maryland team. Seriously this team is stacked with MLL drafted players.

ND is going to need to finish their shots tonight if they are going to win. Hopefully Kav is healthy enough to create his own shots, and continue to find open players.

It should be a great game and you can find the live stream if you go to UND.com.

GO IRISH!

Big win for the Irish! Obviously the final score was inflated but we'll take it. You are going to be hard pressed to find a better defensive performance than what Notre Dame did in this game. The timing of their slides and double teams was impeccable. Their ability to recover was flawless. Doss, their goalie, was lights out. The attack riding maryland's clears causing turnovers was awesome. You just can't script it much better than that.

I think their offense has to get a little better. I would like to see a little more shot fakes and quick swings to get the shooters open more. I want to see more dodging and dishes to find open people. I think they are missing key people from last year, and are just starting to gel. Garnsey is a good addition to the O. He's quick and can dodge well and is only going to get better. Wynne is a finisher and is playing well. I still don't think Kav is to form but he did show a couple of instances of his quickness. IMO, his health is going to be the difference between a championship or not, and right now, it's not there. Hopefully they put the pieces together, because their defense is already playing at a championship level.

Huge game tomorrow v Denver. Hopefully the Offense continues to hum, there's no doubt in my mind, ND is the best overall team in the country, time to prove it.

#1 vs. #2 is always a huge game. Things I will be interested in seeing:

1. How the face-offs go, as Babtiste is the best in the business by far, but Finley has been pretty good too.

2. How does ND's elite D do against one of the best offenses out there? Last week they couldn't have played any better. Do they keep that up, and can they recover as quickly from their doubles and slides with an offense like Denver?

3. Does Kav continue to look more like himself?

Honestly, part of me doesn't care if ND wins this game or not.....There's a HUGE chance these two teams meet again in May. It always seems hard to beat the same team twice.....(ND always beats duke in the regular season and then loses to them in the playoffs.) I figure if ND loses today, they'll come back and beat them in May, when it really counts!

Bunch, of Freshman killing the Irish. Either, Denver is this good, or ND is way over rated.

Denver's style of play kills ND, and their Goalie is on fire. Perkovic is great but he's an awfully selfish player, ZERO assists this year?