Lacrosse 2016

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Denver definitely outplayed ND.

The good:

-Finley and ND's wingplay

-The D, all in all, played pretty well. Epple, ND's second best defensive player, who is really elite, was out and was Drastically missed though!

-The comeback

The bad:

ND's offense. Nothing was working for them. Still searching for an identity. I think this will get better when Garnsey and Collins get more adjusted....But their offense really just isn't that good right now. Again, no great dodgers, and their spacing just isn't that good right now. Plus way too many unforced turnovers.... A LOT to work on here!

Doss-Not his best day

Perkovic-Shot stick side all day.

Kav-Got to hit that shot he took with 9 seconds left.

Like I said before, maybe not a bad loss....But they MUST find some rhythm on offense!

Edited by irishrb

Denver definitely outplayed ND.

The good:

-Finley and ND's wingplay

-The D, all in all, played pretty well. Epple, ND's second best defensive player, who is really elite, was out and was Drastically missed though!

-The comeback

The bad:

ND's offense. Nothing was working for them. Still searching for an identity. I think this will get better when Garnsey and Collins get more adjusted....But their offense really just isn't that good right now. Again, no great dodgers, and their spacing just isn't that good right now. Plus way too many unforced turnovers.... A LOT to work on here!

Doss-Not his best day

Perkovic-Shot stick side all day.

Kav-Got to hit that shot he took with 9 seconds left.

Like I said before, maybe not a bad loss....But they MUST find some rhythm on offense!

Good point on Epple. No excuse for Perkovic and Kavanaugh to get shut out, indicative of the poor offensive flow you mentioned.

Good point on Epple. No excuse for Perkovic and Kavanaugh to get shut out, indicative of the poor offensive flow you mentioned.

Seriously, Epple's sub was responsible for several flaws on D. I really hope it is nothing serious with him, or there goes the total dominant championship D.

Most of you will probably be watching the tourney today but the lacrosse team is on espnu at 6:00. They take on a struggling, but very talented, virginia team. I know the Irish are ranked #2, but their RPI is not that good, and RPI is crucial for seeding purposes. Bottom line is ND needs this game.

Things I want to see:

1. Continued good play with faceoffs...Critical to keep getting better here, as possession is huge!

2. Improved effort with groundballs

3. Less unforced turnovers

4. More transitional offense

5. Epple back in the line up

GO IRISH!

Edited by irishrb

Awesome game. OT thriller. Probably shouldn't have been close but take the win...

My thought exactly. I think this will be a big confidence booster for this team. Also cool seeing some football recruits in attendance.

Definitely a big win!

There isn't a team that rides better than ND in lacrosse right now. Impressive.

Doss...Freakin' Brick Wall today. Lights out!

Perk is definitely their go to guy right now. I've been raggin' on him for his accuracy as of late, but he definitely came through with his late goals.

ND has got to come up with a fix for their offense. Things I want to see:

1. RUN. Sexton has been phenomenal with transition offense, use it as much as you can.

2. Quicker passes, and more shot fakes. They just don't seem to have the dodgers that they need right now.

Faceoffs...what the heck? The wings and Finley have been so good this year. Hopefully it was just an off night. I thought they should have tried someone else though, as sometimes, you just don't have it.

Either way, Big Win!

Another must win game today for the Irish as they take on the suckeyes. I say must win because seeding is almost all RPI and ND's isn't all that great right now. osu hasn't been that good but it is in Ohio so ND better come to play. They are showing a feed for the game but I don't know if you have to pay for it or not.

I think Corrigan needs to play with the midfield lines to get the right mix/motion for this offense. They need to get this offense fixed!

Also really hoping to see Epple back in the lineup as he has missed 2 weeks and is a critical piece to their elite D.

Didn't get to catch the game but they did hold on to beat the suckeyes 9-8. Doesn't look too impressive, but at least they won! Next week they have to travel to the cuse. This will really tell us how good this team is right now. syracuse played a tough game against duke today, and lost, but overall, they look really good.

Edited by irishrb

Didn't get to catch the game but they did hold on to beat the suckeyes 9-8. Doesn't look too impressive, but at least they won! Next week they have to travel to the cuse. This will really tell us how good this team is right now. syracuse played a tough game against duke today, and lost, but overall, they look really good.

They had a 3 goal lead late and let OSU back in. The good news is Kavanaugh had a pair of goals. ND really needs the offensive ability he showed prior to his injury.

They had a 3 goal lead late and let OSU back in. The good news is Kavanaugh had a pair of goals. ND really needs the offensive ability he showed prior to his injury.

Yes, Kav getting healthier as the season goes on would be HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you watch the game?

Did they mix their middies up at all? Did the offensive flow look better at all?

Did Epple Play?

Yes, Kav getting healthier as the season goes on would be HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you watch the game?

Did they mix their middies up at all? Did the offensive flow look better at all?

Did Epple Play?

I did not, I only saw what was posted on the Lax team's Twitter feed.

I did not, I only saw what was posted on the Lax team's Twitter feed.

Okay, thanks. I looked at the stat sheet and it doesn't look like Epple played. It must be a big injury as this is his third game out. Hopefully he's not done for the year.

Very challenging game for the Irish as they travel to the dome to play syracuse. I think I read the cuse has won 17 in a row at home, and the cuse is favored in this one too. The cuse have played exceptionally well this year. They blew a couple of leads and lost a couple of tough games, but, imo, they are playing some of the best lacrosse out there.

I want to see ND get at least 40% of the face offs, continue to play excellent Defense, and start shooting more accurately.

This really should be a great game. It's on espnu at 5:00.

GO IRISH!