Lacrosse 2016

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dominant first half of lacrosse by the Irish! The offense, for the first time that I have really seen, is clicking. Hopefully they come out in the second half flying around and not trying to slow this game down.

It was a great game. Nothing like silencing a home crowd by just demoralizing them.

We sat across from the bench so we could sit close, so I did not notice Epple.

That had to be an awesome game to be at! ND really revamped their offensive decision making and it obviously showed!

Epple, oddly enough, came in during the last minute. Good sign that he was suited up and must be close to ready for some game action!

The Irish take on dreaded duke tomorrow at noon on espnu. duke's defense has not been good but they have one of the best offenses in the country, along with the best player in Myles Jones. duke will be playing with their backs against the wall, as they need some signature wins to boost their RPI and tourney chances. Really want the Irish to win this one!

Irish pull it out 8-6!

Absolutely stout game by the defense and Doss. Seriously that duke offense is potent and Notre Dame's took them out of rhythm! This D is the best in the nation hands down.

The offense, well, once again too many turnovers. They play best loose and in transition but they knew they could win this game with the D. duke's goalie also played pretty well and ND did miss out on some easy chances, including hitting the pipe several times. Either way, they beat duke!

Edited by irishrb

Irish pull it out 8-6!

Absolutely stout game by the defense and Doss. Seriously that duke offense is potent and Notre Dame's took them out of rhythm! This D is the best in the nation hands down.

The offense, well, once again too many turnovers. They play best loose and in transition but they knew they could win this game with the D. duke's goalie also played pretty well and ND did miss out on some easy chances, including hitting the pipe several times. Either way, they beat duke!

Zero goals and six tos by Miles Jones is all you need to know about how GREAT this Defense was today.

Seriously, watching a tired jones consistently turn the ball over in the fourth quarter was epic! Sexton is the best LSM in the game! He was relentless on him. Combine that with Landis, and Epple back in the lineup and this D is awesome.

I just hope the coaches let the offense play down the stretch though. I am a little concerned that they might try to slow the games down, figuring their D can win them games come tourney time. The offense, although not consistent, has players that can play.

Edited by irishrb

ND has an unusual mid-week game today as they take on a dangerous, 8-1 marquette team. This team plays great team defense and just spanked #6 villanova 11-3 a couple weeks ago so Notre Dame better come ready to play. The game is on ESPN 3 so if you miss it, you can catch the replay whenever you want.

Hard to say a good win, but they won in OT. Our Offense just doesn't seem to be there, still. I know Marquette had the #1 D, but still.

I got to watch the first half at work and then caught the last few at home. A really exciting game regardless.

Just keep on winning.

Edited by irishrush

Good things about the game:

1. Notre Dame knows how to win, and believes they are going to win tight games!

2. Kav stepped up and carried this team on his back. I totally expect him to even pick it up another notch come playoff time!

3. The offense had A LOT of scoring chances in the first half.

4. The D has never given up double digit goals all year!

5. They did an awesome job with faceoffs.

The bad:

1. Wynne and Perk are not finishing. Wynne is being shutdown with a short stick and Perk is just not shooting accurately.

2. The offense as a whole is really just not finishing. Kav is finding open people with great opportunities...They are just being wasted.

3. They are injured. ND basically played without an entire midfield line. Hopefully Collins and Brosco can heal up with the 9 days they have before their next game!

Edited by irishrb

Didn't see the game, but sounds like ND pissed down their leg the second half. Marquette is really good, but ND needs to have that killer instinct like they showed vs 'Cuse. If ND plays to that level, they're the best team in the country by a decent margin. This is not a strong season for Men's Lax since a lot of the typical powers (Duke, UVA, UNC) are not up to par by their standards.

Didn't see the game, but sounds like ND pissed down their leg the second half. Marquette is really good, but ND needs to have that killer instinct like they showed vs 'Cuse. If ND plays to that level, they're the best team in the country by a decent margin. This is not a strong season for Men's Lax since a lot of the typical powers (Duke, UVA, UNC) are not up to par by their standards.

They definitely lost some focus in the second half. Even Landis got caught a few times. I will say the second half epitomized a need for a shot clock. There were times where marquette was getting 4 plus minute possessions. I absolutely hate the "Timer on Rule." Also, just because you get a shot on goal, that shouldn't mean you get a whole new possession. If they insist on keeping this rule, once the clock goes on, if you get a shot on goal, and get the rebound, the timer should just reset to 30 seconds, not allow a whole new possession. You can't expect to play D for over 4 minutes and not suffer the consequences.....Anyways...

There's no doubt in my mind ND has the most balanced team in the nation this year. Their D is the best and Doss is in a zone. But, they have to have better offensive execution come tourney time. They just make way too many fundamental errors, like dropping simple passes. We're in mid April, and I still don't think they have their midfield lines figured out.

Personally, if the middies don't pick it up, I would like to see a little more two man game between Garnsey and Kav.

I am becoming a fan after watching games on tv. Defense wins championships so I think we have a real chance. When's the next game on the tube?

Hey Okie. Definitely a fun game. I wish it was around in my area when I was growing up!

The Irish don't play again until next Saturday. They play at unc, for a showdown to determine the #1 seed for the ACC tournament. The game is on espnu at 12:00.

They most definitely have a chance and are easily one of the favorites to win it all this year! They just have to get healthy, find the right mix of middies, and take advantage of easy scoring chances.

Hey Okie. Definitely a fun game. I wish it was around in my area when I was growing up!

The Irish don't play again until next Saturday. They play at unc, for a showdown to determine the #1 seed for the ACC tournament. The game is on espnu at 12:00.

They most definitely have a chance and are easily one of the favorites to win it all this year! They just have to get healthy, find the right mix of middies, and take advantage of easy scoring chances.

Gosh I wish I could have played this game. I played baseball too but would have preferred Lacrosse.