ND Women's Basketball 2015

The women's team is trending upward as far as offense and production from Westbeld and Turner is concerned. I honestly believe we can beat UCONN if Turner is fully healthy in the NCAA Tournament! The team needs to hit their three-point shots like they did in Storrs last month and we could come out victorious against the Auriemma dilemma. GO IRISH!!!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much following here on Domer Domain when it comes to Muffet's warriors. I'm here to tell you these girls are fun to watch and they are improving by leaps and bounds. I now think it is conceivable that they win the national title this year. I certainly think we are deserving the #2 spot in the poll. That should come when Connecticut defeats South Carolina.

Now just look at these areas of improvement. Brianna Turner is absolutely phenomenal and especially on defense. 5 blocks last games and innumerable altered shots. She is so quick. Muffet admitted she has never had a better defender. Remember she did not play against Connecticut. Look for the big showdown in the national title game.

Another reason I am changing my tune is Arike Ogunbuwale. Very aggressive guard that drives and mixes it up. She likes to shoot and is now raising her percentage of shooting.

Nelson, or Cocoa as they call her is a 6' 4'' big that is coming along. Shooting 50% and getting more and more minutes. This allows coach to rest Brianna. When we played Connecticut we had no presence in the middle. Now we have a fast developing post play that could really slow down the Huskies. Cocoa had 8 points in 16 minutes.

Start watching these girls on und.com and Espn. You won't regret it.

Not much following here on Domer Domain when it comes to Muffet's warriors. I'm here to tell you these girls are fun to watch and they are improving by leaps and bounds. I now think it is conceivable that they win the national title this year. I certainly think we are deserving the #2 spot in the poll. That should come when Connecticut defeats South Carolina.

Now just look at these areas of improvement. Brianna Turner is absolutely phenomenal and especially on defense. 5 blocks last games and innumerable altered shots. She is so quick. Muffet admitted she has never had a better defender. Remember she did not play against Connecticut. Look for the big showdown in the national title game.

Another reason I am changing my tune is Arike Ogunbuwale. Very aggressive guard that drives and mixes it up. She likes to shoot and is now raising her percentage of shooting.

Nelson, or Cocoa as they call her is a 6' 4'' big that is coming along. Shooting 50% and getting more and more minutes. This allows coach to rest Brianna. When we played Connecticut we had no presence in the middle. Now we have a fast developing post play that could really slow down the Huskies. Cocoa had 8 points in 16 minutes.

Start watching these girls on und.com and Espn. You won't regret it.

I try to watch as many games as I can with my girls as they are both young girls with aspirations of playing at ND. They are still to young to realize that probably isn't going to happen, but it is fun to hear them talk about being like the Mabreys.

I coach girls bball so I enjoy watching the girls game, even though it can't compare to the boys game, which we also try to watch together.

National champs next year. I'm calling this right now. I always study recruiting in women's basketball and I am convinced that Jackie Young will be a huge difference maker next year. She is about to break the Indiana all time scoring record for both men and women. She is a 6' 1'' jumping jack that can do it all. She is a gym rat just like Hansbrough of yesteryear. She gets 32 points a game but could easily get 50. She is humble and unselfish. She gets almost 6 assists a game and over 10 rebounds a game.

Connecticut has been beating us on the boards. They may well do it again this year but with Brianna Turner back it will be a mega battle. Next year they will still have Tuck at 6' 2'' and they have a 6' 5'' transfer, but my money will be on Turner, Jackie Young and our rebounding guards. The only player they add to the roster is a 5' 6'' point guard.

We are so much better now then we were 2 weeks ago. Turner is fully reinstated to the starting lineup and other players are stepping up. I see us starting a dominating trend if we can keep recruiting like we are. We loaded up on superior guards this class and Ali Patberg will come off the redshirt next year. We add two top 5 players next year and we are now looking for some post players. Really excited now for conference play as we will dominate the ACC.

The problem with pressing is the amount of fouls would add up quickly. Both Mabreys would foul out in record time & Turner would be close behind. These new rules of having zero hand/body contact make pressing really difficult.

Just Whalloped Va. Tech by 40 points. Team is really starting to jell as Turner gets 18 and Arike again chips in 15. This is not the same team that lost to Connecticut. I still don't think we beat them unless the injury bug zaps them like it has us, but we should finish the regular season with only one loss and ranked #2. Next year Reimer comes back, no doubt in my mind, and we win it all.

Edited by OklahomaIrish

Just Whalloped Va. Tech by 40 points. Team is really starting to jell as Turner gets 18 and Arike again chips in 15. This is not the same team that lost to Connecticut. I still don't think we beat them unless the injury bug zaps them like it has us, but we should finish the regular season with only one loss and ranked #2. Next year Reimer comes back, no doubt in my mind, and we win it all.

Right, now she's 50/50 to come back, and it's all up to Muffet. Also, if she does come back, there's 3 new girls who'd I'd play ahead of her anyway.

No please! The chemistry seems to be much better now without Reimer. I don't think they need her. Next year starters- Turner, Westbeld, Mabry, Arike, Allen bench - Nelson, Boles, Young, Pattberg, Johnson She is not needed.

I think you are selling this team short against UConn this year. They played very well against them without Turner and right now they are playing better together. They are gelling pretty well together and arike is a big part of this team now. She wasn't last time they played. I definitely think they could beat them with or without an injury bug.

Edited by Domers23

No please! The chemistry seems to be much better now without Reimer. I don't think they need her. Next year starters- Turner, Westbeld, Mabry, Arike, Allen bench - Nelson, Boles, Young, Pattberg, Johnson She is not needed.

I think you are selling this team short against UConn this year. They played very well against them without Turner and right now they are playing better together. They are gelling pretty well together and arike is a big part of this team now. She wasn't last time they played. I definitely think they could beat them with or without an injury bug.

We could use her, but I'd rather use her spot on another scholarship.

My only concern is lack of depth with the bigs. Other than Turner and Westbeld, we have no one. Nelson and Diamond are not going to help us against UCONN.

It doesn't seem like we have any bigs coming in either. Looks like we have some dynamic scorers, but more in the mold of the Mabreys - which is great, we just need some size, too.

The size issue is the reason I want her back, but yeah, we are playing really well without her. I don't think Diamond Thompson has missed a shot this year. Wish she would play a lot more. She sure looks the part and is 6' 5''.

WOW!!! Get this. Both our recruits are up for the player of the year award. Both are shooting over 60% from the field. They are shooting 52 and 46 percent from 3 point range and 88/87 per cent from the foul line. This is big time. Next year, and the years following are going to be really special.

Well, watching this team don't see how they make it to the final 4? Which sucks because I really want to go.

Not sure why you say that. We will move up to the #2 spot after our win over Louisville. That was an extremely physical team. Yeah, we have some shortcomings and Connecticut looks unstoppable, but maybe they take an injury or two before we play them. We certainly deserve the #2 seed at this time.

Boy did we look good against Miami. Up by 36 at one point. Arike continues to get better as does Marina. For the first time I am starting to think we could give UCONN a tough test. Our defense continues to improve and we have a better bench then does UCONN. Moved up to #2 in the polls. GO IRISH!!!