Star Wars?

coltssb

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crazy... It is such an ingrained part of our lives that I can't fathom that. Growing up it was EVERYTHING to us, heck it probably shaped who we are as people. It took on even more meaning because of some of my own father's choices - unfortunately no redemption for him.

I think I was more excited to be able to share the Star Wars experience with my own kids than I was for myself. However, I'm man enough to admit that when they showed the Millennium Falcon for the first time, and R2D2 for the first time, I felt tears welling up...and when Rey walks up the stairs of the island at the end, that I had a tough time holding them back because I knew who was there...

My kids loved it, I loved it...going again to see it in non-3D as I didn't really like that experience.

My family was broke during my early years, so we never rented movies or went out. That's likely why I never really got into it. Being born in 81 kinda put me in the middle of all of the originals too.

I have come to the conclusion that your movie expectations are quite low. Lol

Seriously... This movie was B minus all the way. Slightly better than episodes 1-2. Cheesey plot and horrible acting.

You are not wrong, I don't expect a lot. And along those lines we went and saw Point Break and found it to be quite enjoyable, even without Gary Busey (The runaway star of that movie IMO)

Crazy... It is such an ingrained part of our lives that I can't fathom that. Growing up it was EVERYTHING to us, heck it probably shaped who we are as people. It took on even more meaning because of some of my own father's choices - unfortunately no redemption for him.

I think I was more excited to be able to share the Star Wars experience with my own kids than I was for myself. However, I'm man enough to admit that when they showed the Millennium Falcon for the first time, and R2D2 for the first time, I felt tears welling up...and when Rey walks up the stairs of the island at the end, that I had a tough time holding them back because I knew who was there...

My kids loved it, I loved it...going again to see it in non-3D as I didn't really like that experience.

Dude, that was beautiful

i've seen it now 3 times, twice with my kids

I yelled at the screen when they killed you know who....

Just saw it today. I loved 70's and 80's Star Wars. I absolutely loved the storyline other than the "Death Star 2" but how else can you impart that the bad guys can destroy worlds and just how powerful they are. Anyhoo,,, I admit as well the moist eye lids but it had little to do with the story as it was more that I was realizing just how long ago I seen these actors together in this story and the difference in them as to how they act and look now. I guess it checked my own real life mortality and just how old I am actually getting. Didn't last long though and I got back to enjoying the story.

My favorite part was the empowerment that Rey gained through her last battle with you-know-who. The "moment" did shock me and really had me questioning the moment for a second or two but then I came to terms that it was ok because of the next installments and what it probably meant for the character that it mainly affects.

My only "disappointment" if you would call it that was the very last part. I wanted more but I'm sure that was intentional. Now can't wait for the next one. Great stuff!

How does everyone think the 2016 Rogue One movie will perform? Rumors are it's supposed to fall between episodes III-IV which would obviously have Darth Vader but then some other Rogue people before Luke/Leia/Han.

Is this Disney trying to do too much? Excited? Don't care? I'm not sure what to think at this point myself.

^ Disney is wisely trying to keep the Star Wars train moving. Whether it messes up or not is the question. However, people are so eager for Star Wars, and after a successful return to the franchise on the big screen, people want more. So Disney will give it to them.

The Rogue One is set between episodes III and IV and will focus on a group of rebel fighters trying to steal the plans to the Death Star. for me personally, I am just glad to see more Star Wars. I am not overly critical of movies and I love the Star Wars universe, so the more they give me, the happier I am. I think the Star Wars crew learned their lesson with episodes 1-3 and how people took them (though i still mostly enjoyed them, they did have their flaws).

I saw a lot of grown men cry in the theater the first time I went. Plus, all the references they put in throughout the movie to the original 3 (mostly with Han Solo) were well received by the audience.

Its a good time to be a Star Wars fan, however, if some one hates Star Wars, they will be getting frustrated if they are not already. The Star Wars hype is not slowing down any time soon.

I absolutely loved the storyline other than the "Death Star 2"

Silly boy, Death Star 3...:razz:

Loved the way it ended...and the anticipation of the last minute and a half made it ALL worth while to me...can't wait for the next episode...

Is there not also a Boba Fett movie coming out soon?

BTW, a couple cameos you may or may not know about...the Stormtrooper that Rey coerces was James Bond - Daniel Craig...he was filming Spectre at same lot...

And the Alien scrap dealer was none other than Simon Pegg in full costume.

Is there not also a Boba Fett movie coming out soon?

Not for awhile, they are tentative dates, but Rogue One, Episode VIII and IX, as well as a Han Solo movie are all scheduled to come out before the Boba Fett movie. Supposedly there are some problems with the movie and how to portray Boba Fett with him being the main character. George Lucas was rumored to not like the original script at all.

Not for awhile, they are tentative dates, but Rogue One, Episode VIII and IX, as well as a Han Solo movie are all scheduled to come out before the Boba Fett movie. Supposedly there are some problems with the movie and how to portray Boba Fett with him being the main character. George Lucas was rumored to not like the original script at all.

George doesn't like anything done by anyone else. He didn't necessarily like this movie because it didn't take enough chances. It's the same movie that you made George. 35 years later or so.

Anyways, Disney is making a ton of money. We're going to see more exploitation that KISS would be jealous.

• 2 weeks later...

FINALLY saw it last night. Killed me to wait so long but couldn't find the time. I really liked it. Felt like a hybrid of IV-VI. I'm hoping Rey is not the sister of Ben Solo...too similar to Luke/Leia story. I also hope she's not Luke's daughter (too obvious). Something along the lines of one of the kids training as a Jedi before Ben turned into Ren and ****ed the place up. Maybe he always had a soft spot for her and ends up whisking her away (kind of hint at that in her visions while holding the sabre for the first time). Either way, a huuuuugggggeeeee improvement over I-III and jacked for VIII!

I've seen it twice, once normal and the second Imax 3D. Loved every minute. I read a John Boyega interview that Episode VIII will be darker than VII. Like everyone else, I think the storylines are following the previous. The first of the trilogy's introduces the story. The second is when the dark side flexes their muscle. And the third is when the light prevails. As difficult as it might be to not fall into that already established story, I hope they try to get away from it.

I feel like Kylo Ren/Ben Solo was meant to be weak in this one so that he can completely take over as the highly feared and powerful Darth Vader-like villain in the next. I think him taking his helmet off symbolized him being torn between the light and dark sides. With him killing his dad, and completing his training, he should be all dark and I hope he doesn't take off his helmet in the next movie. The only time Vader did was when he was dying and found the light again. Or maybe he should take his helmet off to avoid the similarity to the old movies. This is the speculating fun I've had since seeing it.

Edited by BI5224