Star Wars?

coltssb

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched all of 4, 5, and 6 this past weekend. The new BluRay versions are really something, 6-channel DTS Surround, great picture in most cases, and since I hadn't watched any of the original 3 since I was pretty little, it was like seeing it all again for the first time. Very cool, and while I'm not really a big SW fan, I'm very excited for The Force Awakens.

If anyone cares, 1-6 were just re-released on blu ray as limited edition steelbooks. Think they are at Target and/or Best Buy in the States.

Word is Disney plans on re-releasing the original six back in theatres but without all the added garbage.

Does it contain spoilers?

Nothing but conjecture, but the conjecture could potentially be a spoiler if true. It analyzes a past character and what they could potentially be.

But it is a fun read none the less and my enjoyment of the upcoming movies wasnt affected by reading it.

Nothing but conjecture, but the conjecture could potentially be a spoiler if true. It analyzes a past character and what they could potentially be.

But it is a fun read none the less and my enjoyment of the upcoming movies wasnt affected by reading it.

This was me :roll:

Then this was me :ranger:

Then this was me :jaw:

Then this was me :clap:

While I don't necessarily buy any of it...that was a very thorough and creative interpretation...

This was me :roll:

Then this was me :ranger:

Then this was me :jaw:

Then this was me :clap:

While I don't necessarily buy any of it...that was a very thorough and creative interpretation...

It was pretty wild and pieced together like that, it makes perfect sense.

But I've also seen perfectly pieced together writings on aliens killing JFK, sooo....

I finally thought I would check this thread out just to see what you guys were saying and on 11-13-15 as I was reading this, I was watching my recorded TODAY Show and it just so happens they did a piece on why Luke isn't featured in the trailers.

Well, the Producers said that they left him out on purpose and knew it would be a big deal and that the reason they left him out as because all footage could be a spoiler. I think like some of you that Luke won't be in the movie long and that his death will somehow spur the Force awake. Looking forward to it!

• 1 month later...

I saw it on Saturday during the day - no wait, although when we left, the evening shows were lined up outside the theater.

I thought it was amazing. Definitely better than 1-3, somewhere in the mix with 4-6. Just non stop action and great storyline. All the new characters were really good, too.

I kind of expected what happened to happen, so I was not too shocked. I like the way they did it.

My girls, who are big nerd like me, loved it. My wife is not a sci-fi fan, but she thought it was an amazing movie, too.

Anyone else see it this weekend? We chanced upon good tickets Saturday night and went, I enjoyed it quite a bit.

I did not. Too busy. I'm trying to go as soon as I can. I keep seeing spoilers and bombshells as headlines and am afraid I'm going to hear something important. So I'll stay away from this page from the future.

I saw it on Saturday during the day - no wait, although when we left, the evening shows were lined up outside the theater.

I thought it was amazing. Definitely better than 1-3, somewhere in the mix with 4-6. Just non stop action and great storyline. All the new characters were really good, too.

I kind of expected what happened to happen, so I was not too shocked. I like the way they did it.

My girls, who are big nerd like me, loved it. My wife is not a sci-fi fan, but she thought it was an amazing movie, too.

Yes, the event that happened was somewhat telegraphed. I thought the dialogue was better than any of the other six thus far. The characters are better at first glance, more personality, not so wooden and dramatic. I appreciated the actual humor. My wife also enjoyed it, I think my kids would like it as well. Some scary parts for little ones though. Someone somewhere (On the internet) said it felt like a reboot of IV, I can kind of see some of that but I still thought it was excellent.

Incidentally, we had gone to see Creed the week before, found it to be super good also.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, the event that happened was somewhat telegraphed. I thought the dialogue was better than any of the other six thus far. The characters are better at first glance, more personality, not so wooden and dramatic. I appreciated the actual humor. My wife also enjoyed it, I think my kids would like it as well. Some scary parts for little ones though. Someone somewhere (On the internet) said it felt like a reboot of IV, I can kind of see some of that but I still thought it was excellent.

Incidentally, we had gone to see Creed the week before, found it to be super good also.

I have come to the conclusion that your movie expectations are quite low. Lol

Seriously... This movie was B minus all the way. Slightly better than episodes 1-2. Cheesey plot and horrible acting.

Edited by VCDomer

I liked the new star wars. Episodes IV-VI were awesome. Episodes I-III were just awful. George Lucas recently criticized the new movie because it wasn't creative enough. Old characters, same plot as IV, no new ships. Lucas claimed that he tried to make every movie with a new story, new characters and new ships/weapons that had never been seen before.

In response, Episode VII was exactly what fans wanted. A little bit of old and a little bit of new. Han, Luke and Leia handing off the torch to a new group of characters in Rey, Finn, Kylo Ren and BB8. Casting was excellent. Comedic relief was great (loved the thumbs up between Finn and BB8). Abrams went back to using more puppets as opposed to 100% CGI.

My only criticisms are that the ending plot of VII was waaaay too much like IV. Disabling a huge weapon to blow up the new Death star? c'mon. Also, Kylo Ren being Han/Leia's son? c'mon. I think writers could have been more creative than that. Kylo Ren shoulda left his helmet on in the final fight with Finn/Rey cause he looks cooler that way too. And my final criticism is that the Snoke looked like a Lord of the Rings character and the CGI monster that almost killed Finn looked way too fake (shoulda used a puppet). Same goes for the old lady bartender.

I liked the new star wars. Episodes IV-VI were awesome. Episodes I-III were just awful. George Lucas recently criticized the new movie because it wasn't creative enough. Old characters, same plot as IV, no new ships. Lucas claimed that he tried to make every movie with a new story, new characters and new ships/weapons that had never been seen before.

In response, Episode VII was exactly what fans wanted. A little bit of old and a little bit of new. Han, Luke and Leia handing off the torch to a new group of characters in Rey, Finn, Kylo Ren and BB8. Casting was excellent. Comedic relief was great (loved the thumbs up between Finn and BB8). Abrams went back to using more puppets as opposed to 100% CGI.

My only criticisms are that the ending plot of VII was waaaay too much like IV. Disabling a huge weapon to blow up the new Death star? c'mon. Also, Kylo Ren being Han/Leia's son? c'mon. I think writers could have been more creative than that. Kylo Ren shoulda left his helmet on in the final fight with Finn/Rey cause he looks cooler that way too. And my final criticism is that the Snoke looked like a Lord of the Rings character and the CGI monster that almost killed Finn looked way too fake (shoulda used a puppet). Same goes for the old lady bartender.

Agree - Just saw it at Cinerama here is in Seattle. A little too much regurgitation of the old. Blowing up a death star kinda lost my interest along with the Falcon flying through trees and apocoliptic strength of harnessing power of a sun. Good overall movie with good casting except Han's son is a wuss (maybe he's supposed to be that way). Leia must have been sleeping around - who is the question?

My kid who had never seen Star Wars in a theatre and didn't like Star Wars on the tv loved the movie - a new generation. Next movie will be interesting to see because they will not be able to rely on same old stories.

Edited by Domer Dude

Yeah, my girlfriend loved this movie better then the old. She's 25, so yeah, different generation. It is a reboot, but I enjoyed it. I thought Leia was sleep walking in this movie. No connection to Han or the audience. She used to be feisty. Now she looked like she had Botox and barely moved her lips when she spoke. Thought she was the worst part of the movie.

Kylo Ren should had waited to take off his mask until he met Han. Was kinda weak and looked like a Star Wars "fanboy". As I read that somewhere else. Which is true. No scars for a Sith? Also, maybe a tad too many jokes.

I'm 34 and I've never seen a single Star Wars movie..

Crazy... It is such an ingrained part of our lives that I can't fathom that. Growing up it was EVERYTHING to us, heck it probably shaped who we are as people. It took on even more meaning because of some of my own father's choices - unfortunately no redemption for him.

I think I was more excited to be able to share the Star Wars experience with my own kids than I was for myself. However, I'm man enough to admit that when they showed the Millennium Falcon for the first time, and R2D2 for the first time, I felt tears welling up...and when Rey walks up the stairs of the island at the end, that I had a tough time holding them back because I knew who was there...

My kids loved it, I loved it...going again to see it in non-3D as I didn't really like that experience.