Star Wars?

coltssb

I know this is a Notre Dame site. But we discussed other things before.

But I haven't heard any word from this forum on Star Wars. I know their are some nerds out there that love Star Wars. So, I'll start. What did you you guys think of the new trailer?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently it's getting blasted by critics as being very anti - white.

By critics you mean keyboard morons...

I am super excited...I think it's going to wreck it...

And without saying too much about you know who who was left off the poster being you know who...I think that's too easy to be feasible...I think he comes back to save another family member - you know who...from the Dark Side...:grin:

Think I'm most excited about finally being able to take my kids to a legitimate Star Wars premiere. No sh!t, I've been tearing up thinking about it because of how Star Wars shaped me as a kid...

By critics you mean keyboard morons...

I am super excited...I think it's going to wreck it...

And without saying too much about you know who who was left off the poster being you know who...I think that's too easy to be feasible...I think he comes back to save another family member - you know who...from the Dark Side...:grin:

Think I'm most excited about finally being able to take my kids to a legitimate Star Wars premiere. No sh!t, I've been tearing up thinking about it because of how Star Wars shaped me as a kid...

I am pretty excited about it too. The Empire Strikes Back is my favorite and I'm glad that Snow troopers will be in this one. I hope it lives up to expectations, unlike the last three pieces of garbage.

I am pretty excited about it too. The Empire Strikes Back is my favorite and I'm glad that Snow troopers will be in this one. I hope it lives up to expectations, unlike the last three pieces of garbage.

Agreed. I hope they try to make a good movie this time and add special effects, rather than make special effects and try to add in a movie.

I am excited and critics are stupid. It is easier to say something cutting and clever and then agree when everyone else jumps on the bandwagon. Way easier to point out what is "wrong" than support what is right.

Whatever though, I love the trailer. I think it is going to be great. Hopefully it will get a a good balance of all of the exotic exposition (Different worlds, environments, etc...) with a good story, unlike the 3 origin movies, which were something, which is better than nothing in my book. Well, maybe not Phantom Menace.

Anyways, excited. Star Wars is where I get to flex my Star Wars nerd muscles. Being a computer programmer around computer programmers all day, I don't get enough opportunities to let my freak flag fly. :sarcasm:

I'm glad there are nerds on this board. Other than my family, the three most important things in my life are ND, Rush and Star Wars. Total nerd.

I am super excited for the movie. Also will be able to take my girls who have also inherited all my likes.

Like I said, the intro to Tom Sawyer for two hours straight is about all the Rush I can stomach...:bolt:

Now this is what I'm talking about. Did you guys here the possibility of Finn(the girl) and Kylo Ren(the red light saber) may be brother and sister? Good vs evil. Brother vs sister. Now I don't really know if it's true but it sounds pretty cool. And what's going on with Luke?

Loved Star Wars growing up, Empire is my favorite of all the movies. Was seriously let down by the prequels, there was some good stuff but definitely not what I was expecting.

I'm not sure what to make of the new movies, maybe because of the let down of the prequels and the fact that they aren't the originals. I know the original gang is in this one and all, but Vader is not and he was one of the most iconic movie villains of all time who helped shape the originals as much or more than anything else. You can't just slap a mask on someone and give them a red light-saber and expect them to walk into those shoes. Not only was the bad guy physically imposing and powerful, but you had the iconic voice of James Earl Jones completing the package.

Will I go see the next trilogy? Yes, but they will never be the originals. I was also a big fan of some of the novels that came out after Jedi, namely Timothy Zahn's works, and really liked that timeline for what occurs in the years after Jedi. Now it's all erased by Disney. :(

Have you been watching the Blue Jays? Geddy has been in the first couple rows at Skydome for all the games. He's a regular...no bandwagon for him...

He looks like Yoko Ono. He sounds like... Yoko Ono.

I don't hate Rush, I usually won't turn it off as long as I only have to hear one song at a time.

Still, him being any kind of sports fan that is not cricket surprises me and makes me like him more.

Loved Star Wars growing up, Empire is my favorite of all the movies. Was seriously let down by the prequels, there was some good stuff but definitely not what I was expecting.

I'm not sure what to make of the new movies, maybe because of the let down of the prequels and the fact that they aren't the originals. I know the original gang is in this one and all, but Vader is not and he was one of the most iconic movie villains of all time who helped shape the originals as much or more than anything else. You can't just slap a mask on someone and give them a red light-saber and expect them to walk into those shoes. Not only was the bad guy physically imposing and powerful, but you had the iconic voice of James Earl Jones completing the package.

Will I go see the next trilogy? Yes, but they will never be the originals. I was also a big fan of some of the novels that came out after Jedi, namely Timothy Zahn's works, and really liked that timeline for what occurs in the years after Jedi. Now it's all erased by Disney. :(

I liked those stories, too. They probably waited too long to do this movie and the originals are too old to pull those stories off now...

Heir to the Empire was my favorite book as a kid. Zahn did a great job.

God, Family, ND Football, NY Yankees, Boston Celtics, Star Wars

That's pretty much it....

Can't wait for this movie to come out... I've cried every trailer

Yes i will be camping to be in the front of the line dressed as a Jedi Master

4,5,6 are Epic

1,2,3 had to be made

the special part of 7 is that our guys are back, our original, the ones we grew up loving and quoting, the ones we dressed up as for Halloween

it's going to be special

My kind of likes. I haven't kept up with the Yankees or Celtics Over the last several years, though. With wife and kids now I've found about the only open time I have is Saturday afternoon...

I agree 1-3 had to be made to tell the story. I enjoyed them but cannot even come close to 4-6, with Empire being my favorite.

Heir to the Empire was my favorite book as a kid. Zahn did a great job.

I thought they were a great take on the series as well. It was a good blend of Force / Jedi stuff and good old fashioned space stuff. I liked the Mara Jade character. The level of depth that is available in the Star Wars universe actually lends itself better to books than movies.

I also thought the little force eating creatures and clones they brought into the Dark Force Rising series was excellent.