Star Wars?

coltssb

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now this is what I'm talking about. Did you guys here the possibility of Finn(the girl) and Kylo Ren(the red light saber) may be brother and sister? Good vs evil. Brother vs sister. Now I don't really know if it's true but it sounds pretty cool. And what's going on with Luke?

Finn is played by John Boyega (the black guy :lol: .) Rey is the girl. Just so people don't get confused.

Finn is played by John Boyega (the black guy :lol: .) Rey is the girl. Just so people don't get confused.

I did that the other day talking to my friend about it too. Thanks! Shaking my head in shame.

Just read a little fun opinion online where somebody suggested Luke was a sith in this one.

Also, read that he is the one who dies at the beginning and that's why Leia and Han are holding each other. And because Luke dies, "the force awakens" is released and Rey is able to connect with her inner force.

I don't know, just fun things to read about.

I did that the other day talking to my friend about it too. Thanks! Shaking my head in shame.

Just read a little fun opinion online where somebody suggested Luke was a sith in this one.

Also, read that he is the one who dies at the beginning and that's why Leia and Han are holding each other. And because Luke dies, "the force awakens" is released and Rey is able to connect with her inner force.

I don't know, just fun things to read about.

I saw that too, with Luke being mentioned as the new Sith. And looking at the trailer with the masked baddie saying something to the effect of "I'll finish what you started" to the melted Vader deaths head, it seems plausible that one could try and draw that conclusion. Idk if I'd like that version of Luke though, and it would totally destroy my childhood and remembrance of the original trilogy. It would turn the movies from a good vs evil and into a Greek tragedy for me. If this turns out to be true, a great disturbance in the Force I sense....

I saw that too, with Luke being mentioned as the new Sith. And looking at the trailer with the masked baddie saying something to the effect of "I'll finish what you started" to the melted Vader deaths head, it seems plausible that one could try and draw that conclusion. Idk if I'd like that version of Luke though, and it would totally destroy my childhood and remembrance of the original trilogy. It would turn the movies from a good vs evil and into a Greek tragedy for me. If this turns out to be true, a great disturbance in the Force I sense....

I just can't fathom this idea. It would entirely debunk the entire first trilogy. The entire theme of familial redemption for Vader by Luke being tempted by the dark side and overcoming it where his father fails only to have him fall to the dark side later so someone can milk a cash cow?

To me it would not be tragic, but rather a unimaginative attempt at getting one more golden goose egg. If they want cash that bad, follow that freemium model. Charge me for a movie ticket and then when the movie is near the end offer to show me the premium (good) ending for an extra 5 bux.

I am confident that they wouldn't float out so easily in a trailer the idea that it's Luke turning bad... I think all that is a red herring leading to something more nefarious than it being Luke as Kylo Ren.

Another thing I've wondered. Will Lando make an appearance? How about Yoda or Annikan Skywalker as force ghosts?

But I agree Jessemoore. Luke being a sith would ruin it for me.

No affirmative action in a galaxy far far away. They already have a black guy, I wouldn't count on seeing another.

Second time I'm reading something about race on here. Am I missing something?

I thought it was kind of a running joke that the inhabitants of the fictional galaxy (at least in the original trio) was almost exclusively white male (when human).

Some shows are like that, whenever they put a new black guy on the Walking Dead I start detaching from the existing ones to prepare myself. It is like watching Highlander. The sci-fi fantasy market in generally seems nearly exclusively geared towards white males.

I watched all of 4, 5, and 6 this past weekend. The new BluRay versions are really something, 6-channel DTS Surround, great picture in most cases, and since I hadn't watched any of the original 3 since I was pretty little, it was like seeing it all again for the first time. Very cool, and while I'm not really a big SW fan, I'm very excited for The Force Awakens.

I guess the admiral Thrawn book series is really good.

I read the Tales from Jabba's Palace awhile back. It was ok.

I liked it the best of all the books post Jedi, with Jedi Academy second. The fact that it's a trilogy of books and not a stand alone makes it feel almost like a natural chapter 7,8, and 9 to the story.

I just can't fathom this idea. It would entirely debunk the entire first trilogy. The entire theme of familial redemption for Vader by Luke being tempted by the dark side and overcoming it where his father fails only to have him fall to the dark side later so someone can milk a cash cow?

To me it would not be tragic, but rather a unimaginative attempt at getting one more golden goose egg. If they want cash that bad, follow that freemium model. Charge me for a movie ticket and then when the movie is near the end offer to show me the premium (good) ending for an extra 5 bux.

Unfortunately it's been done before though. Jedi was soooo kid geared with the Ewoks etc pushing it to sell toys rather than be a good movie. Jedi had some good parts but it really fell flat compared to what happened in Empire, which most fans argue is the best movie of the franchise. Same goes for the prequels, how else do you explain young Anakin, Jar Jar, etc.

Even though Lucas isn't attached anymore to the films, and therefore the push to sell more toys instead of making a good movie, Disney is in charge. We all know Disney is going to maximize the hell out of this next trilogy to sell all things Star Wars, and I'm fearful the movie plot will suffer. Just produce a great movie and the merch will take care of itself.

• 2 weeks later...