Notre Dame vs Kentucky Thread

This stings....Brey has to have a time in his pocket. Having a hard time not wanting to kick him in the teeth.

Seriously? Really? Brey is the reason that we played so well in this game. Our coach takes a team that Is considered one of the greatest teams of all time down to the last shot and you want to kick him in the mouth?

My foot really really really really really hurts from just kicking something really hard. Amazing game and so proud of Notre Dame. I felt like they deserved to win but it just wasn't in the cards. Way to go Irish!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, what a freakin' effort and season by this team. Absolutely amazing.

Now, what the heck were they doing the last 2 minutes. Grant hold the ball and then do a fade away three? Let's draw a play up, or at least run your normal offense. Plus, why call a timeout after the shot clock violation?

I hate to complain but those last few possessions were pitiful.

When UK had that last possession, WTH didn't we foul them with say 20, 25 seconds on the clock to at least give us time to set up a decent look? Worst case scenario, you lose but maybe you can at least get it to OT. Those last few possessions, ugh.

When they hit that late three for the lead, I just had a vibe that it was the dagger. I think that took the wind out of their sails after scraping to hold on to the lead.

Oh well, it was a good run.

When it is all said done we gave them that game. Poor coaching and poor play down the stretch. We will never get to this point again. Our MO is not men's basketball. But if we would have won this game . We would have won it all. And who would of thunk it basketball wins a NC before the Football team.

It is just frustration at going away from what was winning to style that ended up losing the game.

We were up 2 with just under 2 minutes left and did not manage to get a single half decent look in 3 more possessions. The guys were on fire all night and then went back into their shells. They will fell it a lot more than us... it slipped through the fingers tonight. The play by play below is horrible reading.

1:53 Notre Dame Timeout

1:26 Jerian Grant missed Jumper. 66-64

1:26 66-64 Aaron Harrison Defensive Rebound.

1:18 Foul on Steve Vasturia. 66-64

1:14 66-66 Karl-Anthony Towns made Layup.

0:38 Jerian Grant missed Three Point Jumper. 66-66

0:38 66-66 Willie Cauley-Stein Block.

0:36 Notre Dame Offensive Rebound. 66-66

0:34 Notre Dame Turnover. 66-66

0:34 Notre Dame Timeout

0:06 Foul on Demetrius Jackson. 66-66

0:06 66-67 Andrew Harrison made Free Throw.

0:06 66-68 Andrew Harrison made Free Throw.

0:01 Jerian Grant missed Three Point Jumper. 66-68

0:01 66-68 Kentucky Deadball Team Rebound

When UK had that last possession, WTH didn't we foul them with say 20, 25 seconds on the clock to at least give us time to set up a decent look? Worst case scenario, you lose but maybe you can at least get it to OT. Those last few possessions, ugh.

When they hit that late three for the lead, I just had a vibe that it was the dagger. I think that took the wind out of their sails after scraping to hold on to the lead.

Wait, you wanted to put UK on the line in a tied game? I can't say I agree with that at all.

Grant should have taken a quicker shot on his second last shot as well.

We basically gave them 34 seconds to win the game. Why not try shoot and leave 45 seconds to make sure you have time to reply to tie or win? Ugh... it was a horrible finish.

When it is all said done we gave them that game. Poor coaching and poor play down the stretch. We will never get to this point again. Our MO is not men's basketball. But if we would have won this game . We would have won it all. And who would of thunk it basketball wins a NC before the Football team.

Who is "we" you're not on the team. And secondly, there's no guarantee they would have beaten Wisky. I know they beat Duke twice, but they also got beat by 30.

Cuz we weren't down...you want to put them on the line when you aren't down?

Seriously? Really? Brey is the reason that we played so well in this game. Our coach takes a team that Is considered one of the greatest teams of all time down to the last shot and you want to kick him in the mouth?

My foot really really really really really hurts from just kicking something really hard. Amazing game and so proud of Notre Dame. I felt like they deserved to win but it just wasn't in the cards. Way to go Irish!

Needed a TO had none down the strech...why they never threaten to break it would open. 6 seconds no time outs. Why.

I have been following ND basketball for 35 yrs. I have called for Mike Brey's head for a long time now. Were there some mistakes made down the stretch? Am I disappointed as heck? Yes!

With that all said... How in the heck can you complain about an elite 8 appearance and taking the "unbeatable" team down to the wire? This team has been fun to watch all year. They have provided me with some great entertainment and excitement this year.

Think about this... 9 Mcdonald's All Americans got out played by a team with 1 Mcdonald's All American and a bunch of 3 stars. Do I dare say Calapari got out coached. He is certainly not the reason why they pulled this one out.

Lastly, hats off to you Brey and the entire team. GREAT SEASON!!!!

Tough loss. What a season though. Love these kids and very proud of these kids! Loved this team and almost more down can't watch some of them play anymore than about the loss. They exceeded all expectations.

Bigtime hats off to Mike Brey and all the players. We are very proud of you.

Who is "we" you're not on the team. And secondly, there's no guarantee they would have beaten Wisky. I know they beat Duke twice, but they also got beat by 30.

I know I am not on the team. I say we as total NDNation. It jack A's like you that Rome the board with pro active on your third grade pimple face. you read into everything....just to make your sorry *** life relevant. Calm down bench warmer. It is how i feel.

I know I am not on the team. I say we as total NDNation. It jack A's like you that Rome the board with pro active on your third grade pimple face. you read into everything....just to make your sorry *** life relevant. Calm down bench warmer. It is how i feel.

Gotta keep it PC, can't say we unless you scored double digits tonight. Frankly, i am a little ashamed of you right now.

Cuz we weren't down...you want to put them on the line when you aren't down?

We were tied and we ended up fouling anyway, only the foul came with six seconds left. Even another five seconds would have given ND a better chance of setting up a shot to at least send it to overtime.

Oh well. Would have, could have, should have, what if. It's all moot now.

Still a heck of a run, as unexpected and enjoyable as 2012 for the football team except for the final outcome. I don't think anyone expected ND to hang so tight with them and I'm sure some UK butts were squirming in their seats and there are probably some unhappy gamblers out there.

Edited by Irish_Convert