Religious Beliefs Thread

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Eddie,

Do you even read what I write. I give scripture to back up what I say. I never said anything about having to go through the Pope. I said the Pope is the direct descendant to St. Peter as the head of the Church. Read the founding fathers from the first few centuries. They certainly believed this.

ย 

You say Jesus is the Pillar of Truth. Well, Jesus says the Church is the pillar and foundation of Truth. Timothy 3:15. I'm not making this up.

ย 

Here's what the Bible says about the Bible. Nothing. It never mentions the Bible. It does say that scripture (old testament) is useful.

ย 

I never said you couldn't communicate directly to God. What I did say is that God has given the CHURCH the power to forgive sins. "Those whom you forgive, they are forgiven". I think we both agree the Bible is the word of God. It says when you hear the CHurch you hear me. That's why the Church can't be on both sides of the fence as you find in Protestantism.

ย 

In my studies I have found the Catholic Church has answers to everything. I see so much confusion and lack of knowledge from what scripture actually says among the protestants. In the Bible it says Jesus cried when he saw the disunity that would be in his Church.

ย 

The Bible says there is only one Faith. So which of the 40,000 denominations in the Protestant churches is it in your opinion, because it can only be one!!!! I'm here to speak the truth because it sets us free. There is but one true Faith, not 40,000 and it is the Church founded by Jesus Christ 2,000 years ago. He says the 'gates of hell will not prevail against my Church'....So why does man keep trying to start his own church. There is only one. It was started a long time ago. It literally feeds us the body and blood of Jesus Christ. It forgives our sins. It can marry us, a man to a woman. (some protestant churches have same sex marriages), it can anoint the sick, it can baptize us, confirm us and give us vocations within the Church.

ย 

Once again I point to the glorious miracles of where the consecrated host bleeds and has turned to human living heart tissue. The incorrupt bodies of the saints. It is believed that Mother Theresa and John Paul 11 are incorrupt as they were not showing any signs of deterioration after 5 days when they were put into tombs. They will be removed after 30 years to see if God preserved them as he has about 200 other Catholic saints. The point God is making study the lives of these saints and what they said about the Church and the path to heaven.

ย 

Well stated (and true!) Oklahoma!

To me, it is "Faith" for a reason. It can't be proven either way. It can only be discerned from a life experience and exploration. Some look for reasons to believe. Others for reasons not too. Both are correct.

ย 

I believe, based on the experiences and journeys in my life, in the tenets if the Catholic Church. If someone else, through their experiences, disagrees with me, that is their choice. Ultimately, we all live lives filled with happiness and sorrow, love and hate, fear and confidence. Whatever take out of these moments determines our faith, or lack of.

ย 

My wife and I buried a child just over a year ago. It rocked us to the core. My wife made the choice to dedicate her life further to Christ and Mary, to aid her in the suffering she endured. We consecrated out family to the Blessed Mother. My wife began to pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy at the 3 o'clock hour daily. She prayed for healing and understanding.

ย 

We became pregnant a few months later. Our daughter was born a few days ago. She was born in August 22nd at 3:52.

ย 

August 22nd is the Feast Day of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, celebrating the queenship of our Mother. The 3 o'clock hour is when Christ was crucified and has promised healing and mercy for those who pray during that hour.

ย 

Now some would see those events as a coincidence. I've seen enough in my life to be certain it was divine intervention and an offering if healing to my wife.

ย 

Obviously the birth if one child doesn't lessen the loss if another, but seein te joy and happiness, the depth if Faith that my wife has developed out if such a sorrowful moment, then see it all end with the birth on the days and times they were, cemented any lingering doubt I've had.

ย 

Clearly not everyone would come to the same conclusions and I doubt we will ever find all of the answers we are looking for. But Faith is a personal journey, one you need to explore for yourself. Being if a certain faith because of where you were born or what you parents or friends are is wrong in my opinion.

ย 

I think we should be of the faith if our choosing because we have somehow discerned that it provides the truth we are looking for in our lives.

To me, it is "Faith" for a reason. It can't be proven either way. It can only be discerned from a life experience and exploration. Some look for reasons to believe. Others for reasons not too. Both are correct.

ย 

I believe, based on the experiences and journeys in my life, in the tenets if the Catholic Church. If someone else, through their experiences, disagrees with me, that is their choice. Ultimately, we all live lives filled with happiness and sorrow, love and hate, fear and confidence. Whatever take out of these moments determines our faith, or lack of.

ย 

My wife and I buried a child just over a year ago. It rocked us to the core. My wife made the choice to dedicate her life further to Christ and Mary, to aid her in the suffering she endured. We consecrated out family to the Blessed Mother. My wife began to pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy at the 3 o'clock hour daily. She prayed for healing and understanding.

ย 

We became pregnant a few months later. Our daughter was born a few days ago. She was born in August 22nd at 3:52.

ย 

August 22nd is the Feast Day of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, celebrating the queenship of our Mother. The 3 o'clock hour is when Christ was crucified and has promised healing and mercy for those who pray during that hour.

ย 

Now some would see those events as a coincidence. I've seen enough in my life to be certain it was divine intervention and an offering if healing to my wife.

ย 

Obviously the birth if one child doesn't lessen the loss if another, but seein te joy and happiness, the depth if Faith that my wife has developed out if such a sorrowful moment, then see it all end with the birth on the days and times they were, cemented any lingering doubt I've had.

ย 

Clearly not everyone would come to the same conclusions and I doubt we will ever find all of the answers we are looking for. But Faith is a personal journey, one you need to explore for yourself. Being if a certain faith because of where you were born or what you parents or friends are is wrong in my opinion.

ย 

I think we should be of the faith if our choosing because we have somehow discerned that it provides the truth we are looking for in our lives.

ย 

Thanks for sharing that Cory. My family is heavy into the Divine Mercy chaplet and we have had several miracles through it. One thing I have noted over the years, 3 A.m. is the devils hour and many people are awakened at precisely 3 a.m. in order to pray. The earthquake in Cali was right at 3 a.m.

Why is it that those that don't believe in God all seem to be so angry??

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Thanks for sharing Cory...God bless you and your family

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Great post thanks for sharing. This reminded me of my uncle who passed away several years ago after a lengthy illness. for most of his adult life, he prayed that he would die on the first Friday of the month. He was a very strong in his catholic faith. Well it happened, he passed away on the first Friday. Again coincidence or divine intervention.

Thanks for sharing that Cory. My family is heavy into the Divine Mercy chaplet and we have had several miracles through it. One thing I have noted over the years, 3 A.m. is the devils hour and many people are awakened at precisely 3 a.m. in order to pray. The earthquake in Cali was right at 3 a.m.

ย 

Okie, I do this almost on a daily basis. For years now I have been waking up at or around 3am. Sometime I all the sudden open my eyes, look at the clock and it says 3 on the dot. Crazy. I have read about the devils hour and sometimes I think my mind\body is used to this, but I pray at this time when I wake up.

Okie, I do this almost on a daily basis. For years now I have been waking up at or around 3am. Sometime I all the sudden open my eyes, look at the clock and it says 3 on the dot. Crazy. I have read about the devils hour and sometimes I think my mind\body is used to this, but I pray at this time when I wake up.

ย 

WOW!! It happened to me for a couple of years but is not happening now. In one of the Excorcist movies which was a true story (I think it was the excorcism of Emily Rose) it explained this phenomena. I have heard 5 or 6 others tell me this happens to them.

ย 

PS: The gift that Christ offers with the novena of Divine Mercy which begins on Good Friday is amazing. If people only knew!!!! It can be researched online.

ย 

me too, its called a 45 year old bladder!

ย 

all coincidences..

The earthquake in Cali was right at 3 a.m.

ย 

According to the US Geological society the earthquake struck at 3:20 am local time.

ย 

As far as my religious beliefs:

ย 

I believe in God, the Father Almighty,

the Creator of heaven and earth,

and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord;

Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,

born of the Virgin Mary,

suffered under Pontius Pilate,

was crucified, died, and was buried.

He descended to the dead.

The third day he arose again from the dead.

He ascended into heaven

and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty,

whence he shall come to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit,

the holy universal Church,

the communion of saints,

the forgiveness of sins,

the resurrection of the body,

and the life everlasting.

ย 

Amen.

me too, its called a 45 year old bladder!

ย 

all coincidences..

ย 

Dead sea scrolls, archeological artifacts verified by carbon dating, Christ mentioned in many non-religious writings from the time period, existance of Christ mentioned by other religions, existance of Christ not disputed by historians, & 2.1 billion believers.....we could go on. Sounds like too much coincidence to me.

ย 

Is it it also a coincidence that every time you throw a rock in the air it will return to earth? That when the sun emrges from behind a cloud you suddenly feel warmer? That 2 people can have an emotional connection even though there is no physical reason for them to stay together?

ย 

Historians have proven Jesus walked the earth. The writings of his speaking have been repeated by several different sources. Therefore he is one of four things:

ย 

Legend: Again historians have proven he walked the earth. He is even mentioned in the Book of Muslim as The Annointed One, meaning one who's hair is always wet or oily. Why would an opposing religion choose to mention the central figurehead of Christianity if he didn't exist?

ย 

Liar: If Jesus was a liar and nothing he proclaimed was true why would he have predicted then willingly endured the trial, beatings, & crucifixtion?

ย 

Lunatic: Nothing documented about Jesus ever referred to any irrational speaking or actions that would indicate he was mentally unstable.

ย 

LORD: This is the only plausible answer based on all the facts presented throughout history.

ย 

Do not base your non-belief on not being able to physically see or touch Jesus. Many things we believe in can't be physically seen or touched and have been explained by coincidence throughout history only to be later realized as fact.

ย 

How do you explain love between a husband and wife without facts or physical evidence? What attracts them to each other? Binds them together? Explain that feeling they get from only that specific person?

The earthquake in Cali was right at 3 a.m.

ย 

Because that is what you want to believe. You assume people who dont believe in God are angry. If we use your theory, I guess all priests rape little boys.

Dead sea scrolls' date=' archeological artifacts verified by carbon dating, Christ mentioned in many non-religious writings from the time period, existance of Christ mentioned by other religions, existance of Christ not disputed by historians, & 2.1 billion believers.....we could go on. Sounds like too much coincidence to me.[/quote']

ย 

Dead Sea Scrolls: Dont actually reference Jesus or his disciples. Either way its a book that says a messiah did X,Y,Z. Proves nothing. In 2000 more years someone could find a book with tales about how Muhammad was a prophet sent by God and nobody here going to believe it is true because its writing from a long time ago.

ย 

Archeological artifacts: Not sure what you are getting at as I'm not aware of anything significant but these dont prove Jesus is God. They would prove a religion existed a few thousand years ago. Artifacts from other old religions exist to you know and with far better authentication (Egyptian artfacts)

ย 

Christ mentioned in other religions: Historical proof of existence proves one thing....that something existed. That's it. We also have historical proof other historical figures existed, including Buddha.

ย 

Christs historical existence not disputed by historians: If this was proof Jesus was God or that God exists all historians would be Christian, and they aren't. Why not? Because what it really means is based on written accounts, Christianity had a large rise at a point in history and created a stir (as it is with the beginning of all big religions of the current day and of the ones now dead). And central to this stir was a preacher among this new religion who had many followers spreading his message. Historically this leads me to believe there was some guy named named jesus that started a new religion, I ve no problems succeeding that Jesus was historically real. Unfortunately doesn't prove his claims, whatsoever. Again, historically we can say a lot of people existed.

ย 

2.2 billion believers:Appeal to the masses, argumentum ad populem. Because a lot of people believe it doesnt do anything in proving it. I could say 4.8 billion people dont believe Jesus was God therefore the 2.2 billion christians are wrong, but thats a fallacious argument too.

ย 

ย 

Therefore he is one of four things:

ย 

Legend: Again historians have proven he walked the earth. He is even mentioned in the Book of Muslim as The Annointed One, meaning one who's hair is always wet or oily. Why would an opposing religion choose to mention the central figurehead of Christianity if he didn't exist?

ย 

Liar: If Jesus was a liar and nothing he proclaimed was true why would he have predicted then willingly endured the trial, beatings, & crucifixtion?

ย 

Lunatic: Nothing documented about Jesus ever referred to any irrational speaking or actions that would indicate he was mentally unstable.

ย 

LORD: This is the only plausible answer based on all the facts presented throughout history.

ย 

The Liar, Lunatic, Lord argument by CS Lewis is actually pretty weak and is based on several false premises that are pretty glaring when you look at them. Here is a link if ou are interested in looking at those false premises.

http://wiki.ironchariots.org/index.php?title=Liar,_Lunatic_or_Lord

ย 

Basically what I'm saying is you are going to be very wrong in trying to prove Christianity by logic and reason and evidence. Not bashing, just debating. I dont believe it, but because Christianity can't be proven by evidence and logic doesn't inherently make it not true. Hell it might be, but I see no reason to think it is over any other religion that exists or has existed in the past. It doesn't do any better at convincing me. Believing in Christianity requires faith, believing in something that with no proof or evidence. Just does and its the pillar of Christianity. Sounds pretty foolish to me because all other religions essentially require the same thing so how can you ever know you're right... but it should probably be something its followers should embrace.