Lady Irish To Win National Title Tomorrow

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wejust don't have the same talent as Uconn. Not sure we ever will. You could get a pinapple into Uconn

wrong. yeah UConn was the better team but ND has owned UConn the last three years. ND has played in the NC game 3 out of the last 4 seasons and has beaten UConn 7 out of 9 games in the last 3 years. so I say ND is just as good as UConn, just not last night.

I'm not surprised, but we have beaten them 7 of the last 10. Without Achonwa and Stewart hitting from everywhere the game was over before it started. Stewart had lost her shot the last month but was pumped for this game. They do lose Dolson and Hartley and we have a super player coming in Turner. It gets more even, but Stewart is a beast.

Tried telling everyone all year ND has horrible bigs down low minus Achonwa. Embarrassing how pathetic we played, and shows why Geno dominates Muffet. Next year doesn't look much different either with how bad our bigs played.

True. I was hoping Taya would emerge. She did not.

wrong. yeah UConn was the better team but ND has owned UConn the last three years. ND has played in the NC game 3 out of the last 4 seasons and has beaten UConn 7 out of 9 games in the last 3 years. so I say ND is just as good as UConn, just not last night.

How about we beat them in a game that actually counts. Didn't we lose to them in the tourney last year too? In a big game Uconn is winning every time. They're 9-0 in championship games. I'm sorry but we're not in their league.

How about we beat them in a game that actually counts. Didn't we lose to them in the tourney last year too? In a big game Uconn is winning every time. They're 9-0 in championship games. I'm sorry but we're not in their league.

True very true. Regular means squat if you can't win the NC. 37-1 is great but guess what you came in second, you come to ND to win it all.

Those girls had no chance last night. Uconn sensed injured prey last night....ND without their leader, ACE. They were EXTREMELY confident they could pound it inside and pull away with the win. I think ND on the other hand, showed that they were missing their leader. Loyd and McBride didn't move the ball as much as they normally do and put too much on their shoulders.

In addition to uconn coming out like a blaze of fire, they could stand flat-footed at times and reach over ND's back to grab rebounds. ND just didn't have the size to match them.

Moving forward it's hard to tell but I would take the success the women have had the last few years at any sport and be pretty darn proud of it.

yeah UConn beat ND in the final four last year but ND beat UConn in the big east championship game last season if that helps ease the pain. as long as muffet can keep recruiting big time talent to ND I think we will do just fine.

You don't have all the facts: over the last 4 years, Notre Dame is 2-2 verses Uconn IN FINAL FOUR GAMES. They beat UConn by 9 in 2011 and by 8 in OT in 2012. This is just a little pay back.

Those girls had no chance last night. Uconn sensed injured prey last night....ND without their leader, ACE. They were EXTREMELY confident they could pound it inside and pull away with the win. I think ND on the other hand, showed that they were missing their leader. Loyd and McBride didn't move the ball as much as they normally do and put too much on their shoulders.

In addition to uconn coming out like a blaze of fire, they could stand flat-footed at times and reach over ND's back to grab rebounds. ND just didn't have the size to match them.

Moving forward it's hard to tell but I would take the success the women have had the last few years at any sport and be pretty darn proud of it.

:grin:Count me in as a fan:-)

BKTM is almost always negative with his posts....No offense BKTM....but you are....

I too am most proud of this team, these players, Muffet, our program and school. We are not done. We seriously will be a lot better rebounding team next year. Just hope Connecticut does not get that remaining 6' 5'' girl that has yet to decide.

I too am most proud of this team, these players, Muffet, our program and school. We are not done. We seriously will be a lot better rebounding team next year. Just hope Connecticut does not get that remaining 6' 5'' girl that has yet to decide.

^^^This.

With no A'ja Wilson, UConn's height is limited to 6'4 Stewart, 6'3 Stokes, and 6'2 Tuck. I won't even count 6'0 Mosqueda-Lewis, as she isn't a post and as far as I know, never has been. Any foul trouble would seriously cripple UConn's ability to defend post players and to keep people off the boards. Meanwhile, ND will have 6'3 Nelson, 6'3 Reimer, 6'4 Thompson, 6'2 Wright, 6'3 Turner and 6'2 Westbeld. Advantage ND.

As I watched the game the other night, the deciding factor was the size of the ladies that UCONN had. Stewart and Dolson just plain dominated the lane. Stewart spent a lot of her time defending on the perimeter as well. Their wingspans really put a limit on what ND could/could not do.

In women's basketball, size DOES matter.

I hope we can recruit someone who can match up physically against foes like UCONN. Even with all of the talent we have on the team, if 80% of the shots have be taken from outside of our comfort zone and the interior game is clogged up, it will be a tough road.

But, I will say this... I loved watching the girls play all season. Every game was fun to watch, save the last one. They are definitely more exciting than the men's team.

^^^This.

With no A'ja Wilson, UConn's height is limited to 6'4 Stewart, 6'3 Stokes, and 6'2 Tuck. I won't even count 6'0 Mosqueda-Lewis, as she isn't a post and as far as I know, never has been. Any foul trouble would seriously cripple UConn's ability to defend post players and to keep people off the boards. Meanwhile, ND will have 6'3 Nelson, 6'3 Reimer, 6'4 Thompson, 6'2 Wright, 6'3 Turner and 6'2 Westbeld. Advantage ND.

Damn, Stewart is back for UConn, I was hoping she was a senior. She is a great player....maybe she should think about going pro early :razz: but I guess they don't do that in women's bball.