ND Basketball...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't get to watch the game as I don't get the ACC channel but I DO think it's time for a change with the basketball program. With that being said, it is NOT going to happen. It is going to be a long year though.

I just knew we were going to lose this game. I hate to say it, but it is true.

Hopefully that will ground the team and get them inspired again for the next game. We missed a ton offree throws that cost us the game-been a big problem all year. There would be some serious sprinting going on in practice if that was my 5th grade team.

I didn't get to watch the game as I don't get the ACC channel but I DO think it's time for a change with the basketball program. With that being said, it is NOT going to happen. It is going to be a long year though.

In all honesty, I do not think ND cares about being a Final 4 quality basketball school, and as long as they occasionally make the tourney that is enough. ND is happy with Brey and Brey is happy not having very high expectations.

....that is my only explanation for the state of the basketball program.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know how long Brey's contract is? After the abysmal John MacLeod era, I'd have give credit to Brey for adding in some consistency and stability to the program for several years.

But I think it was probably overdue for a change about 3 years ago - not sure I'd like to see the guy get thrown out, but maybe not offering another extension is the right path?

Anyone know how long Brey's contract is? After the abysmal John MacLeod era, I'd have give credit to Brey for adding in some consistency and stability to the program for several years.

But I think it was probably overdue for a change about 3 years ago - not sure I'd like to see the guy get thrown out, but maybe not offering another extension is the right path?

He just got an extension like 1-2 years ago.

• 4 weeks later...

I see them getting back to the NCAA tournament next year. The key is developing these young guys like Beachem, Vasturia, Auguste and Jackson. Auguste slowly gets better and will be the starting center net year. He has a lot more to work with than did Jack Cooley. Brey will do wonders with him with his back to the basket. Saw a very good and quick spin move for a score tonight.

Beachem is key. He must get bigger and stronger in the off season. He is 6' 8'' and must rebound next year. Vasturia is getting valuable pt. It should pay off. Jackson?? 5 stars??? Don't see it. Hope I see it next year.

Connaughton is a star and will be our leader next year with Grant. Grant's return is huge. We lose that height in Sherman and Knight, but they have been so inconsistent. Maybe Katenda ends up being a player. NIT is essential. Keep playing. Keep developing. Brey will survive. Bank on it.