ND Basketball...

I won't be excited unless they beat Ohio State. Also, Indiana isn't a great team and hasn't beat anyone good. No reason to get all crazy about this win.

It was still a solid win, and they played a good game. No one was getting crazy excited about it. If they can play another good game against Ohio St win or lose, there is reason for optimism.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a fan of both teams this game is always tough for me even though I have been an IU fan since I was younger. IU just is too young and has no D at all and is not going anywhere. Coach Crean is a great at pulling in talent but I dont think he is a championship coach, but I dont believe Brey is either.

As a fan of both teams this game is always tough for me even though I have been an IU fan since I was younger. IU just is too young and has no D at all and is not going anywhere. Coach Crean is a great at pulling in talent but I dont think he is a championship coach, but I dont believe Brey is either.

How can people be for both teams? Nothing against you, but I have lived in Indiana my whole life and mostly hated IU. Bobby Knight is a total jerk, spoiled *** old man IMO, but everybody I talk to talks about him like he is a saint.

How can people be for both teams? Nothing against you, but I have lived in Indiana my whole life and mostly hated IU. Bobby Knight is a total jerk, spoiled *** old man IMO, but everybody I talk to talks about him like he is a saint.

Just sometime in my youth I started liking IU and stuck with them I am not the fair weather fan type. I didn't become a ND football fan until I think it was around 2005 area is the best I can guess, I never even really watched CFB up til I started watching ND. As far as being a fan of both I just am, I watch both and cheer for both until they play IU. I understand why people dont like Knight or IU, I just do and have for a long time.

Big game for the Irish tonight....at the suckeyes...osu has great perimeter D so I expect ND to hammer it low with the Sherminator and be aggressive with their guard play and drive it to the hoop. Hopefully they do this and keep it to single digits....

ND lost its mind the last minute of that game, but Craft traveled on that dish to take the lead.

The ESPN announcer even saw him travel and stopped talking for a split second, but he was too busy with the Craft lovefest to switch gears and point it out.

Ultimate CHOKE job. Up 8 with 50 seconds left and they start turning the ball over all over the place. Grant should be able to take care of the ball well enough yet he decides to keep leaving his feet. The ending of that game sucked!

ND lost its mind the last minute of that game, but Craft traveled on that dish to take the lead.

The ESPN announcer even saw him travel and stopped talking for a split second, but he was too busy with the Craft lovefest to switch gears and point it out.

Absolutely correct. I was screaming at the TV that it was traveling. So obvious. Ref should be embarrassed.

And so should Grant. For a senior leader to make so many critical mistakes when Atkins fouled out is inexcusable.

Absolutely correct. I was screaming at the TV that it was traveling. So obvious. Ref should be embarrassed.

And so should Grant. For a senior leader to make so many critical mistakes when Atkins fouled out is inexcusable.

Also, why do you have a freshman in Vasturia, who barely even took a shot in the game, in a position to receive the ball in a critical position. Stupid!

Up 8 with under a minute to go and loose by 3...major fail.

I believe Brey is a good (not "very good" but just "good") but it doesn't seem like he can ever get enough good players on the team at the same time.

Vasturia will be good down the road...tonight? Not so much.

Grant & Atkins lost this game in my mind. Their penchant for turning the ball over in crucial times and or fouling out during a crucial time was the crack in the foundation that lost ND this game. It's extremes with these two guys. "Holy cow, what a shot!!" to "Holy sheet, how can you turn the ball over that many times in 50 damn seconds!!!" The key is to drink heavily.

Grant & Atkins lost this game in my mind. Their penchant for turning the ball over in crucial times and or fouling out during a crucial time was the crack in the foundation that lost ND this game. It's extremes with these two guys. "Holy cow, what a shot!!" to "Holy sheet, how can you turn the ball over that many times in 50 damn seconds!!!" The key is to drink heavily.

Atkins was on the bench with 5 fouls, so don't put anything on him

He fouled out when ND needed him the most so yeah, he deserves blame as well.

If Atkins plays at the end of the game, ND doesn't lose not sure what you don't understand about that? He is the QB of the offense like I said he doesn't score much, but doesn't turn the ball over. As you saw he goes out, no one else can play point, and TO's are plentiful.

If Atkins plays at the end of the game, ND doesn't lose not sure what you don't understand about that? He is the QB of the offense like I said he doesn't score much, but doesn't turn the ball over. As you saw he goes out, no one else can play point, and TO's are plentiful.

We're both saying the same thing. I think you're misinterpreting my posts. Now Grant is out for the year. 2013 has been kind to ND...cripes.