Head coaches

I would take the best coach I could get and who wanted to be here. Late 2009 / early 2010 that was Brian Kelly.

Who would it be today? Hard to say. Probably Brian Kelly.

Richt has done well enough, but can't win the big games. Hasn't even made it into an NC game.

Strong is intriguing. I wonder if he could someday end up at ND.

Edited by MantyIrish

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian Kelly- his track record is soo good and despite what some of our own fans think, Kelly did what almost everyone said was impossible in this day and age. Take the Irish to the national championship game (In his third year!)

I truly believe this. I think Many on the outside looking in really wish that CBK was their coach. I am thankful to have him.

Depends on what school your representing. If you at a big name school with deep pockets you in no uncertain terms go after Sabin. You throw crazy numbers like 10 million out there and see what it would take to bring him in.

If the pocket book isn't that deep but still a top flight school the following in any order:

Sumlin

O'Leary

Meyer

Kelly

Chip Kelly

Depends on what school your representing. If you at a big name school with deep pockets you in no uncertain terms go after Sabin. You throw crazy numbers like 10 million out there and see what it would take to bring him in.

If the pocket book isn't that deep but still a top flight school the following in any order:

Sumlin

O'Leary

Meyer

Kelly

Chip Kelly

Yeah, I'm kinda partial to that Brian Kelly guy.

Give me a break, princess.

If Meyer were at ND he wouldn't have any of the issues with discipline he's had at UF...and nowhere else. Utah? Fine. Bowling Green? Fine. Ohio State? Fine.

He also had nothing to do with Aaron Hernandez murdering someone while he was in the NFL.

Swear to God, ND hiring Urban Meyer would be the best thing ND could do. It'd drive out the Mickey Mouse Club, ND chapter because they'd all break their keyboards overusing Urban Liar and Snakeoil Salesmen. Then maybe I'd never, ever have to hear Goldshirt, RKG or Next Man In again in my life.

You're missing the point. He won't do it 'cause he's a p... chicken.

Sumlin

O'Leary

Meyer

Kelly

Chip Kelly

Sumlin has a horrible defense this year

Without manziel the Aggies would be 7-5

I've been on the Todd Graham as BK's eventual replacement bandwagon since he beat us with Tulsa(at that time I was still waiting for this thing to blow up in BK's face).

I'm not calling for BK's head, but I think he will bolt for the NFL within the next 2-3 years.

I've been on the Todd Graham as BK's eventual replacement bandwagon since he beat us with Tulsa(at that time I was still waiting for this thing to blow up in BK's face).

I'm not calling for BK's head, but I think he will bolt for the NFL within the next 2-3 years.

I disagree. I believe he wants to win a National Championship before he goes anywhere, he has a big ego and wants that notch on his belt. I don't think he would be calling for turf, jumbotron, and changing certain traditions if he didn't want to stick around for awhile. Sounds to me thats a coach planning for the future.

I love the people talking about Urban at ND.....ignoring the fact that he has made it pretty clear he doesn't want anything to do with South Bend.

ND has a better shot at getting Saban for free than they do getting UM (with a NCAA leading salary).

I love the people talking about Urban at ND.....ignoring the fact that he has made it pretty clear he doesn't want anything to do with South Bend.

ND has a better shot at getting Saban for free than they do getting UM (with a NCAA leading salary).

Really? He also said he needed to leave football for his health. He changed his mind...