Head coaches

Really? He also said he needed to leave football for his health. He changed his mind...

ND fired Willingham 3 years into a 5 year contract because Urban was available. This was fairly public. But, he went to Florida instead. So we got George O'Leary, then Charlie Weis.

Urban had his opportunity to come here but turned it down. Health stuff was later.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give me a break, princess.

If Meyer were at ND he wouldn't have any of the issues with discipline he's had at UF...and nowhere else. Utah? Fine. Bowling Green? Fine. Ohio State? Fine.

He also had nothing to do with Aaron Hernandez murdering someone while he was in the NFL.

Swear to God, ND hiring Urban Meyer would be the best thing ND could do. It'd drive out the Mickey Mouse Club, ND chapter because they'd all break their keyboards overusing Urban Liar and Snakeoil Salesmen. Then maybe I'd never, ever have to hear Goldshirt, RKG or Next Man In again in my life.

If Urban Liar is the end all for you, change your allegiance and just root for the Bucknuts.

As an alum, I feel this administration knows he is a square peg in a round hole for what ND stands for.

As for Aaron Hernandez, he recruited him warts and all. Hernandez was never suspended once for his antics or his drug use by Liar because he gave him the best option to win.

Sure you would. And when you didn't agree with 100 percent of the things he did you'd want someone else.

This grass is always greener on the other side crap is getting old. You all think everyone else would come on to ND and just change the world.

First, don't troll, its unbecoming.

Second, the question was who would you pick if you were an AD. Not the ND AD.

Suppose you were a college AD in search of a new head coach for your football team.

Who would you pick if you could realistically get him?

Third, don't ever put words in my mouth. I never indicated that the grass was greener. Only that Sumlin and a number of other coaches were top flight and above others. I tossed out a handful of coaches that would be comparable and who I would go after... Surprise, surprise, ND coach is on there as well.

...If the pocket book isn't that deep but still a top flight school the following in any order:

Sumlin

O'Leary

Meyer

Kelly

Chip Kelly

Again, don't troll PT it's unbecoming.

If Kelly were to leave, I'd like to see ND contact the following head coaches:

Charlie Strong

Bronco Mendenhall

Art Briles

And the following coordinators:

Chad Morris

Kirby Smart

But again, I think Kelly is the perfect guy for the job. He reminds me a bit of Doc Rivers -- struggles at times with simple concepts, but overall has the right "big picture" idea and gets better the more reps he gets at a marquee program. He's not going anywhere, and I'm thankful for that.

First, don't troll, its unbecoming.

Second, the question was who would you pick if you were an AD. Not the ND AD.

Third, don't ever put words in my mouth. I never indicated that the grass was greener. Only that Sumlin and a number of other coaches were top flight and above others. I tossed out a handful of coaches that would be comparable and who I would go after... Surprise, surprise, ND coach is on there as well.

Again, don't troll PT it's unbecoming.

Never said you said anything about grass.

P.s. Also not trolling you. I took the thread as most hypothetical coaching threads on here. There is a want to feel out who would be picked ahead of Kelly.

I disagree. I believe he wants to win a National Championship before he goes anywhere, he has a big ego and wants that notch on his belt. I don't think he would be calling for turf, jumbotron, and changing certain traditions if he didn't want to stick around for awhile. Sounds to me thats a coach planning for the future.

I'm not saying you're totally wrong.

BUT

Kelly was calling for many facility improvements at Cincinnati the year before he left for Notre Dame. Cincinnati approved many of the upgrades even after BK left. He said it last year. He's pretty much always dreamed of making it to the NFL. I hate to burst the traditionalists bubble, but Notre Dame is not the holy grail of coaching jobs anymore.

Never said you said anything about grass.

P.s. Also not trolling you. I took the thread as most hypothetical coaching threads on here. There is a want to feel out who would be picked ahead of Kelly.

And your direct response to me was:

Sure you would. And when you didn't agree with 100 percent of the things he did you'd want someone else.

This grass is always greener on the other side crap is getting old. You all think everyone else would come on to ND and just change the world.

Again PT stop trolling.

If Urban Liar is the end all for you, change your allegiance and just root for the Bucknuts.

As an alum, I feel this administration knows he is a square peg in a round hole for what ND stands for.

As for Aaron Hernandez, he recruited him warts and all. Hernandez was never suspended once for his antics or his drug use by Liar because he gave him the best option to win.

As an alumni, you and the other choir boys upholding the "standards" of right and wrong are embarrassing. Multiple issues have been covered up or glossed over in the last 10 years but people like you would rather ignore them and hype the moral superiority myth of ND.

Do your homework, Hernandez didn't have warts as a recruit. Also, Urban recruited noted bad boy Tim Tebow as well.

With everything being equal I would take Mark Richt.

Aaaahahahahaha. Seriously??? He and Mack Brown are cut from the same mold of underachieving with the most amount of talent.

And, Todd Graham? I know it was a list of no less than 9 wins, but what a traitor. In anyone's consideration has to be the competition played.

Finally, this thread is pointless. BK is the man to take us into the future. He's repaired and rebuilt this team to the point that we're going to be competing for National Championships for a long time.

Finally, this thread is pointless. BK is the man to take us into the future. He's repaired and rebuilt this team to the point that we're going to be competing for National Championships for a long time.

I started this thread because I was unaware that there were so many coaches who have lost fewer than 9 games over the last two years. I think BK is a good coach, and good for ND. However, I didn't know that a guy that ND thought might be a good coach at ND (O'Leary) had done so well (20-5). I didn't know that Carey is 24-2. It's clear that there are a lot of good coaches out there. Many people at ND would like to have a new coach. USC is looking for one. Florida and Texas may be looking for one. The list that started the thread is the list where most AD's would probably start a search. Assitant coaches and NFL guys would be in a search too. Is the thread pointless? Maybe. But at least it's interesting to know what's going on out there, and sometimes we don't (okay, maybe I don't) keep up with all of it.

I love what he's done with OL depth. Most important position group and we look to be in shape for a few years. In the good ol days, one injured lineman would spell doom for the entire team, not the case anymore. Feels good.

ND fired Willingham 3 years into a 5 year contract because Urban was available. This was fairly public. But, he went to Florida instead. So we got George O'Leary, then Charlie Weis.

Urban had his opportunity to come here but turned it down. Health stuff was later.

This is not true, urban said that he had already been in discussion with Dooley at UF, (they fired Zook at mid season) you can look up exact quote -" I already had decided to go to Florida before I was contacted by Notre Dame. If it was a choice between the two schools, I'm not sure what decision I would have made."

He also stated on Miami radio that "ND is my dream job."

I don't want him at ND, give me Kelly.

Edited by Island Domer

I'm not saying you're totally wrong.

BUT

Kelly was calling for many facility improvements at Cincinnati the year before he left for Notre Dame. Cincinnati approved many of the upgrades even after BK left. He said it last year. He's pretty much always dreamed of making it to the NFL. I hate to burst the traditionalists bubble, but Notre Dame is not the holy grail of coaching jobs anymore.

I understand where you are coming from. Notre Dame isn't the holy grail of coaching but it is one of the more recognized college football jobs in the country. It is also BKS best shot to compete for a title. Agree to disagree, I think bk will be around for awhile.

I'd take Gus Malzahn the spread offense in the Wing T Style offers balance, unpredictability tempo, power, speed. Give him a Mobile QB and some speed and some H-Backs and he'll get you 35 points.

Then I'd back up the money truck for Ed Orgeron to run the defense. He have kids who are talented and fly to the football because he can recruit and motivate,

Man I hope I have a big budget or I'd take their best under studies.