Importance of Connecticut game Saturday

Right now we have a #2 seed and it just doesn't get any better then that. We need to win this game to hold on to that seeding. Pitt will probably win out and get a #1 seed. Texas thought they had a #1 seed last week but now are looking at a 3 or even a 4 seed. If we hit 3's like we did against Nova we could beat anybody. Don't forget they were supposed to be #3 defense against the 3 point shot.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now we have a #2 seed and it just doesn't get any better then that. We need to win this game to hold on to that seeding. Pitt will probably win out and get a #1 seed. Texas thought they had a #1 seed last week but now are looking at a 3 or even a 4 seed. If we hit 3's like we did against Nova we could beat anybody. Don't forget they were supposed to be #3 defense against the 3 point shot.

I actually think we could still get the #1 seed but I couldn't imagine anything lower than a #4 (worst case scenario)

If ND wins out, and Pitt loses one of the last two games. ND will be the Big East Regular Season Champs.

More importantly, if ND wins the Big East Tourney I could easily see them moving to a #1 seed, especially if Ohio State, BYU or Kansas falter in their tourney

Just my 2 cents.

We have 1 more regular season game @UCONN then we will have at least 1 game in the Big East tourney. If we lose both of those games I still think we get a #3 seed in the dance. If we win 1 of those games it locks us into a #2 seed IMO. The only way I think we can get the #1 seed is if we win out, which would include @UCONN and the Big East Tourney, we would be 28-5 and champs of the Big East.

I think the most important thing is finishing ahead of Wisconsin in the selection committees S-curve because that would put us in Chicago in the first round of the dance, which would be $$$$.

I have not given up on the #1 seed, however, I don't think the committee weighs the conference tournament as heavily as the regular season body of work. Things are looking pretty good. We should be healthy and rested going into the Big Dance.

If The Irish play like they did Monday night, no one will beat them. Obviously, that will not happen every game. I expect playing at Uconn is going to be tough. I think they lose that game. I think they'll go on to win one or two games in the Big East Tournament and then get knocked out. That may not be a bad thing. Hopefullyl that would secure them a 2 seed. It might give them a 3 seed. Either way, it gives the not deep team an extra day of rest and focus for the big dance. I expect a sweet sixteen, but really want to see an Elite 8. Like Digger said last night, it really will come down to physicality, and who they are matched up against. I really like this team though and really hope they get to the Elite 8. They have that player that can put them on their back and take them there. Man Hansbrough is playing with confidence.

Guest irishfan

Agree with most on here. I think winning out gets us a #1 seed. Right now we're the #7 team in the country. Everyone has us as a 2 seed. I've seen Rivals.com have us #6 on their s-curve, but assuming we're 7 now and win out, I see us getting a 1 seed. Purdue is #6 and I see them losing to Ohio State in the Big 10 Championship. We would jump then by winning out. We would jump Pitt as well in my opinion. If we win the Big East tourney (even if we don't beat Pitt there) I still say we finish ahead of them. Then we would just need BYU to lose or Duke to lose before the year ends (pretty likely especially with BYU recently losing one of their best players). I also think that if we can avoid going 0-2 to end the year and don't have some teams behind us go on surprising runs, we should be fine in terms of getting a 2 seed. Can't wait for the NCAA tourney as well. We're going Sweet 16 at minimum, Hansbrough will see to that.

I have really enjoyed this season and I am really going to get into the Big East tournament and the Big Dance this year. I was also looking at what I think will be next year's team and I think we have lots of reason to think this will just keep on through next year. We have Abro, Scott and Martin all back and they should be slightly improved. Grant obviously will be running the show and he will be very very good next year. I was delighted to see him become more consistent with the 3. He takes good care of the ball and is very quick. He gets the ball to the right person and he can finish at the rim. Next year he will drive more and shoot more. Cooley may or may not replace Nash. If he does, we actually get better at rebounding and defense. Cooley has shown signs of being an offensive threat and I will bet my bottom dollar he develops some offensive moves in the off season. With that said, there are a couple players on the roster I really like. We have a 6' 8'' guard that can shoot the 3 and drive the lane....His name is Drag------- (gonna have to look that one up)....but his bio on und.com is very impressive. Also, I like Tom Knight at 6' 10'' with a shooters touch. Things should just keep on keeping on.

We are shooting well and will be well rested. The Huskies' leading scorers haven't been too successful lately. But this is a road game and we all know that's a problem for us most of the time.

Anything can happen. St John's has been hot and they're playing a not as hot Seton Hall tonight on the road in a dog fight. Currently trailing by a couple of baskets.

seton hall wins over the johnnies...............sorry katie.............

I'm glad I didnt watch the entire game. Tuned in to see Lavin get ejected and then the player at the end with the flagrant foul - they lost it alright!

oh well bye bye double bye

theyll still do ok

For now I root for the irish!

If we pull of winning the Big-East title, do you think we will get a #1 seed?

I think that if either Pitt or ND win the Big East Tourney, they will probably get a #1 seed. I believe that Pitt is a projected #1 right now, but if they lose in the Big East Tourney and ND wins it, its possible that ND could slip into a #1.

2 pm on ESPN Go Irish!

PS Thanks Rocketsan I love it! 8-)

Sligo, nice to see you're not the fatty-patty, beer-goggled, awkward morning conversation that Schell told us all you were. I think he was trying to save you for himself...bastard. ;)

Ganna be a great game, hopefully...

**and if y'all are wondering what I'm talkin' about then you should probably "like" the DD Facebook page

• Join Domer Domain

Members receive fewer ads and can participate in the forums.

• Topics

• We're all guilty of enabling the football players in making money. I'm not logging in every day to see how Notre Dame's debate team's recruiting is going. But football is a different story and others with same interest but more disposable income are funding NIL deals.
    • Btw, my wife has let me know that's she going to be rooting for the Irish to punt a lot this season... 
    • The players are getting paid because there is a market that wants to see success on the field.  Because that market watches, advertisers pay a lot of money to be seen while that market watches.  In return, that advertising money comes back to the school in the form of millions of dollars in various ways.  Paying for better players means even more value for advertisers and more money for Notre Dame to build buildings or fund programs. The average student who goes to Notre Dame doesn’t generate millions of dollars for the school.  If they decide not to go there, someone else will fill the spot so they can have access to the excellent education funded by the football program and its players.  I don’t see why the university would pay students to come (except for the absolute brightest) when supply and demand is in Notre Dame’s favor in a big way.  The alums are part of the market that wants results on the field so their money goes towards those results which in turn increases value for Notre Dame, too.  Paying kids to come doesn’t have much benefit to those alums either… I get what’s being said about working hard to pay for your kid to go to college, but there are just too many folks in the same boat while a big source of revenue for schools is football…the value of the school increases if football thrives.  It’s simple business, unfortunately, and ordinary students are the consumer.  Nobody pays consumers if they want to stay in business.
    • OK, fine, I'm getting excited.   We've been winning a lot of these. My take:  Golden commit forces Zackery hand?  Takes the last ND DB spot? It's nothing but expeditious!  Was always the answer.  No other reason to move up his commitment.   I expect he will commit to his dream school for a shot at the Natty!  The synergy is real here.  It's the staff, too, but it's bigger.  Like minded kids.  And they're all conspiring to come together for the title shot, and this staff has them convinced it's in South Bend!