Importance of Connecticut game Saturday

About an hour from game time and I can't shake this feeling that we are just simply better than UConn and we are going to put it to them in their house!

I do realize I could be wrong, so no need to rub it in if I am.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inserting Cooley for rebounding and toughness has changed this game for the better. Watching on espn. Then they take him out, give up a dunk. Only down 3 at half. Chance for a nice road win. Great start to the 2nd half, hitting 3s and getting rebounds!!!! Wow, what a day for the senior PG, BEN IS LIGHTING IT UP. BUT he fouls out with 8 minutes to go. Atkins playing well though

Edited by FaithInIrishForever

Don't get me wrong I'm upset by the way this is going but really us winning and pitt losing would give us a #1 which means we play Thursday at 12. Now we play Thurs night and I can go to game. Not getting blown out is sweet too. Tied at 65 with 2:51 to go

if they lose this game, its on brey! what hell is he thinking putting hansborough in the game with an 8 point lead!!! terrible!

How much ND BBall have you watched this year. Ben has played with 3 fouls multiple times in the 1st half and has played with plenty of minutes left in the game with 4 fouls all year. The refs took the flops and got him out of the game. Napier was bumping him from half court all the way to the base line even though he did not have the ball and the minute he made a move they called the foul. It was bull$hit.

First, where did you get the banner?

Second, how do they know you're not a fatty patty (guys are such dumb asses)

Third, great win at Uconn finally. If I could I would make out with Irish Onager!!!

You need meds.

Go Nova!!!

How much ND BBall have you watched this year. Ben has played with 3 fouls multiple times in the 1st half and has played with plenty of minutes left in the game with 4 fouls all year. The refs took the flops and got him out of the game. Napier was bumping him from half court all the way to the base line even though he did not have the ball and the minute he made a move they called the foul. It was bull$hit.

the last one was all on Ben, lets be honest he's a competitor and a hot head at times. That was deff a foul, I do agree though that the refs were anticipating calling a foul on him. OH well it was an awesome win!

WOW!!! I was so mad at Hansbrough for that last foul. Purdue just went down to Iowa and we are basically sitting at #5. That means we are playing for a #1 seed in the Big East tourney. Atkins is going to be great next year. We will unveil a guard named Grant. I watched his brother play at Oklahoma....Harvey Grant...he was AWESOME.

WOW!!! I was so mad at Hansbrough for that last foul. Purdue just went down to Iowa and we are basically sitting at #5. That means we are playing for a #1 seed in the Big East tourney. Atkins is going to be great next year. We will unveil a guard named Grant. I watched his brother play at Oklahoma....Harvey Grant...he was AWESOME.

I am looking forward to seeing next year's team as well. Jerian Grant is Harvey Grant's son and Horace Grant's nephew. Horace has 4 NBA rings from his time with the Chicago Bulls in the 90's. He is supposed to be pretty good. Him and Atkins gives a nice athletic front court. It will be tough to absorb the losses of Ben and Nash but there are 5 more bench guys that could command playing time next year in Grant, Brooks, Broghammer, Dragivich, and Knight...not to mention the true frosh coming in Connaughton. So I don't think they can duplicate the success of this years team at this point but they might be the deepest team of guys that can contribute that Brey has had. The big question will be can anyone be a good leader next year because their 2 best this year are graduating.

The big question will be can anyone be a good leader next year because their 2 best this year are graduating.

From what I've seen of Atkins I think he'll step in and be a pretty good leader. He seems to be playing his distributor-role this year but when Ben Hansborough went out tonight, he didn't shy away from penetrating to the middle and finding the open guy. Obviously won't be the same scorer that Ben is from the get-go but I've been impressed with how he handles himself. Doesn't seem to be afraid or out-matched.

Wish I could say the same about Martin and his shooting. (Scott's a tough kid and fights for rebounds and mid-range jumpers but just seems to be overwhelmed at times.)

But I really just hope that Atkins keeps working on his shot--although I'm going off of limited work--and develops a good confidence. Gotta love his assist-to-turnover ratio. Shows great signs of being able to handle the tenacity of the Big East...