Gilyard Tantrum

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DJ BlankCheck

I was thinking the same thing. This kid just is coming off as a huge whiner.

When Cincy gets blown out by Florida in the bowl game, who do you think will get 100% of the blame? Guarantee it won't be the players...

Guest ajlukasz
i mean i didnt see what he said exactly, but its kinda understandable for him to be pissed. His coach just left him and his teamates. I would prob feel a little betrayed aswell, again i dont know what he exactly said though

I don't blame the kid for being upset at all. I mean your coach just left before the bowl game. I don't expect the kid to be happy about him leaving, but I sure hope the kid doesn't trash Kelly by calling him a liar.

Here are two quotes, maybe I can send these guys some tissues too.

"He went for the money," Gilyard told The Associated Press. "I'm fairly disgusted with the situation, that they let it last this long."

"We already knew what he was going to say. We weren't giving him a round of applause or anything," tight end Ben Guidugli said. "It's like somebody turned their back on us. We brought this whole thing this far. We've come this far. To have someone walk out now is disappointing."

Gilyard:

“He went for that money, that wasn’t no time for me to be in there,” Gilyard said. “I don’t want to hear it. I’m thoroughly disgusted with this situation, that it lasted this long. I heard everything I needed to hear, and that was, ‘I accepted the Notre Dame job.’”

“I feel like there was a little lying in this thing, I feel like he’s known the whole time. I kind of had a gut feeling that he was going to stay because he told me he was going to be here. But it is what it is. He made a business decision,”

What happened is the way the game is played, but I think the way the players are reacting is completely understandable. Kelly assured the players he wasn't going to leave...then he left. Of course they feel abandoned. If it were me, I would feel the exact same way. He is their leader and right before the biggest game that school has played in its history, he leaves. How do we know he won't do the same thing to ND?

By the way, I am extremely excited by the hire.

More Gilyard:

"Everybody and their mamma knew what was going on. I feel like he did our team an injustice. Hopefully he'll pack his things up and get to South Bend in a hurry."[/quote

By doing what leading the team to a undefeated season? I can care less about cutting this kid (23 years old) a break, when you start making stupid comments to the media, you are fair game.

More Gilyard:

"Everybody and their mamma knew what was going on. I feel like he did our team an injustice. Hopefully he'll pack his things up and get to South Bend in a hurry."

You want tell me you won't "go for the money" of a first round pick if you could Gily? Punk.

i understand these kids are upset and really Cincinnati fans aswell. maybe they need to take some time and think about the situation more. they should be respectful and thrilled they even had Brian Kelly. he took their football program from nothing and made it was it is. for them to call him names is a shame after what he has done for them.

Guest hillbillyirishfan

I understand why they are mad Iwould be to But in time they will get over it and UC because of coach kelly should get a good coach to replace him. Things would have been alot nicer if he could stay and coach the bowl game. Thats not how it works ND had to of said the job is yours now not after the bowl game. I agree with ND. I think its almost like getting a divorce it always no matter what is said by both parties ends sadly. Like Isaid before in time Ihope UC can look back and be glad for what they while coach was there.