Returning Players for 2024

On 12/10/2023 at 6:06 PM, irishwavend said:

I figure this list is gonna have like three names….

If it is the right 3 names, it would be absolutely massive

Mills and Watts would be super helpful if they return for another season. What is interesting, is that Watts was with Morrison in the Leonard commitment video. Not saying is guarantees anything, but it is a good sign of Watts coming back.

• Heart 1
  • Leprechaun 1

33 minutes ago, brian_nd88 said:

It would be great to have Watts back next year.Β  I just wonder if the NFL is the goal whether he can improve his stock any at this point in time.Β Β 

FWIW Watts and Alt are one publication away from being unanimous All-Americans.Β  Not that the NFL cares about the awards.Β  Alt just declared for the draft as expected.Β  I hope Watts gets good advice and has a clear picture of his draft chances.Β  I don't know how much he could improve his stock coming back, selfishly that would be nice, but is it in his best interest?

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, brian_nd88 said:

It would be great to have Watts back next year.Β  I just wonder if the NFL is the goal whether he can improve his stock any at this point in time.Β Β 

All signs point to Watts returning next season. It's not a guarantee, but I would say it's very likely he returns.Β 

I think the true toss-up is Mills. I really don't know. I'm hopeful he comes back and continues to improve like he did this season because I think he can be a beast in 2024. Right now, he is probably a 3rd round pick (he will have great measurables). But if he comes back and has a great season, he could vault himself into a 2nd round pick, maybe even late 1st round pick (think how Jerry Tillery improved his draft stock his last year at ND).

• Heart 1
  • Flames 1

44 minutes ago, tneun89 said:

All signs point to Watts returning next season. It's not a guarantee, but I would say it's very likely he returns.Β 

I think the true toss-up is Mills. I really don't know. I'm hopeful he comes back and continues to improve like he did this season because I think he can be a beast in 2024. Right now, he is probably a 3rd round pick (he will have great measurables). But if he comes back and has a great season, he could vault himself into a 2nd round pick, maybe even late 1st round pick (think how Jerry Tillery improved his draft stock his last year at ND).

and Kizer

• Heart 1

I'm betting Kiser wears a 'C' next season.Β  I feel like he'll be back.Β  Indiana kid.Β  Had a great year.Β  No guarantee for him in the NFL yet.

Watts seems like he probably comes back, too.Β  I expect that some moving parts in the NIL arena are part of the conversation for an All-American, Nagurski winner.Β  It likely takes some time for those to line up.

• Heart 2

43 minutes ago, JeffV said:

I'm betting Kiser wears a 'C' next season.Β  I feel like he'll be back.Β  Indiana kid.Β  Had a great year.Β  No guarantee for him in the NFL yet.

Watts seems like he probably comes back, too.Β  I expect that some moving parts in the NIL arena are part of the conversation for an All-American, Nagurski winner.Β  It likely takes some time for those to line up.

Good call!

Β 

• Heart 1
  • Flames 2
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, tneun89 said:

I think that Mills has more to benefit in terms of NFL draft potential by returning for 2024 than Watts, but I would gladly have both back.Β Β 

• Leprechaun 2

2 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

Having one veteran LB return will help all of the young talent. I just hope they do not put him as the starting MIKE just so he can be the leader there. They should keep him at Rover/Will, I do not think Kiser is a good fit at MIKE.

I can kind of agree with that, but trying to figure out who would be good at Mike then? Sneed or Bowen maybe? Makes me think with his experience he would be the best player for that position. What do you think?

• Heart 1