Sun Bowl Discussion: #16 Notre Dame vs #19 Oregon State

30 minutes ago, Jersey Irish said:

Not so much for all the illegal immigrants flooding the border under Biden.

Or under Trump.  Or everyone else.  It’s been this way forever. This isn’t something new, just recently became an object of outrage and hysteria.

• Flames 3

Not to be political but this is local culture— lots of people from Mexico work in El Paso and then go home to Mexico at night.  This is one of the major causes of traffic at the border, which I mentioned before.  And if that’s a problem to be potentially around foreign nationals who may not speak English, you should just be aware.  It’s part of the local flavor and identity.

• Heart 2

If you like cowboy boots, it’s worth it to stop by the Lucchese Outlet Store near the airport.

Top quality boots, from El Paso, and with some great prices ( these are not inexpensive, but Lucchese is the luxury brand of boots and will last in comfort).

https://shopacrosstexas.com/city/el-paso/lucchese-factory-outlet/

I still regret not getting the pair I saw 10 years ago when I first stopped in

2 hours ago, TexasDomer said:

if that’s a problem to be potentially around foreign nationals who may not speak English, you should just be aware.  It’s part of the local flavor and identity.

True for Texas in general, with maybe a very few small town exceptions.  It's a major part of the identity of the state, with El Paso being on the forefront due to its border location.  The people I've known from El Paso really liked it and go back often.  It's just a little remote for me.  But, still debating going to the game.  The whole scene is part of the experience, and El Paso is probably unique in this regard compared to other bowl games.

• Heart 1

34 minutes ago, ndmike88 said:

Face it this bowl isn't for any bragging rights. It's for the extra practices getting ready for next season.

I completely agree! The non-playoff bowls were already starting to lose their umph when the opt out trend starting picking up steam. With the transfer portal on top of that, these bowls are barely worth watching. I will tune in for the ND game, but I won't watch a single bowl outside of that til the playoffs start.

One can only hope that rules will be changed or some kind of bonus is implemented to bring back at least some of the excitement of bowl season. 

• Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, Rocketsan said:

with the 12 team playoff...that's your excitement...

I admit, I am really looking forward to that.....but it still doesn't change the issue with all the other bowls. I mean, I usually end up taking the entire month of December off and I am forced to do projects and work around the house because I have no football worth watching and no reason to start drinking at noon.

• Laughing Leprechaun 2