College Football Transfer Portal Discussion

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Synoptico said:

Which is why i have no problem with grad transfer QBs... even when you have the next guy, you may not

Yup.ย  2023 5 star QB's now in the portal:ย  Malachi Nelson, Dante Moore.ย  You can get 'em, but can you keep 'em?ย  Every upper tier school (and UCLA isn't exactly one of those) wants to have a proven guy to be 'the guy'.ย  Nelson leaving because USC is shopping around for a transfer, maybe the K-State QB.ย ย 

On 12/18/2023 at 10:21 AM, AnTostal said:

Nelson leaving because USC is shopping around for a transfer, maybe the K-State QB.ย ย 

That has to be the reason and I think U$C is the prime example of why some ND fans are hesitant in taking a QB transfer this year. While I am ok with it, I think next year, you HAVE to let Carr and Minchey battle it out. It will be interesting to see how QBs play the recruiting game in the next couple years with all of the top schools preferring to get a proven talent at the college level. 5* QBs can be busts (ND knows that better than anyone else)

• Heart 1
  • Flames 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure where else to put this, but most of you probably saw that Logan Diggs is transferring out of LSU. I always loved that guy โ€“ hope he ends up in a place where he can be productive.

https://www.on3.com/college/lsu-tigers/news/lsu-rb-logan-diggs-enters-the-transfer-portal/

ย 

has the reading rusher behind the quarterback, I wonder why he is transferringย 

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, 97domer said:

Not sure where else to put this, but most of you probably saw that Logan Diggs is transferring out of LSU. I always loved that guy โ€“ hope he ends up in a place where he can be productive.

https://www.on3.com/college/lsu-tigers/news/lsu-rb-logan-diggs-enters-the-transfer-portal/

ย 

has the reading rusher behind the quarterback, I wonder why he is transferringย 

didn't get the ball much in the bowl game. I don't know if his carries were decreasing before that too.

Iโ€™m having a difficult time understanding some of these transfer decisions.

Malachi Nelson / USC to Boise St? He was a pretty big get for USC and now he goes to Boise St? A school not exactly known for their QBโ€™s.

Kyle McCord goes from starting QB at OSU to Syracuse?

And OSU brings in Will Howard from Kansas St?ย 

Probably a lot going on behind the scenes, but I just donโ€™t see the logic of some of these moves.ย 

Edited by jimbo
  • Heart 2

16 minutes ago, 97domer said:

OSU pulling in these transfers has me feeling gross. They are going to continue to be at a different level.

it feels like it is going to be Georgia, OSU, and then everyone elseย 

well yeah...players are gonna transfer to where they think they have the best shot at winning...and that narrows it down to only a handful of schools.