Outgoing Player Transfers (2023-24)

1 minute ago, Baldy said:

Sucks about Tyree, but I’m good with Correll leaving.

Tyree was kind of an odd man out with the move to slot.  He showed some flashes there, but he's probably not going to improve his stock here next season I don't see the targets to him increasing.

I'm somewhat surprised Correll is going to the portal.  This IMO is staff driven, after all he's started 2-3 years now.  

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Synoptico said:

Oh i know that, im just surprised in the proactive nature of it. Tho it also probably varies widely for those who have their degree/are on good terms

These were the guys that told the  staff quickly. You will always have a Styles transfer(unhappy with role) None of these werre that type. These were your playing XYZ younger player over me. I want my extra year more on my terms. We'll get some of the trafitional ones at stranger times like Buchner and Styles. 

14 minutes ago, John C said:

Tyree was the most, if not the only, reliable receiver this season. He will be replaced by youth and inexperience. I wonder why he is leaving?

I think he saw the writing on the wall. I agree he was one of ND's most reliable WRs this season and a leader in the WR room, but he was still only third in terms of snaps among the WRs (behind Flores and Merriweather). There are a ton of young guys coming up who will take reps away, especially at slot, which is the only position Tyree can play. 

Next year's slot will be Greathouse and/or Faison, with Flores, Merriweather, and Thomas on the outside. Hopefully Braylon James and KK Smith come back healthy/stronger to compete, and maybe Cam Williams and Micah Gilbert (who will both be true freshman) can make an impact like Flores/Faison/Greathouse this season.

I think Colzie will transfer as well, so ND needs to grab a WR or two from the portal.

• Heart 1
  • Flames 1

Nothing official, but rumors that Braylon James and Tobias Merriweather may enter the portal. Not sure if the Stuckey news changes anything, but something to monitor going forward. Would obviously be bad for a WR room lacking in numbers and talent, as both these guys were highly ranked recruits.

https://247sports.com/article/college-football-transfer-portal-buzzy-names-on-portal-watch-in-next-few-days-221663577/

6 minutes ago, tneun89 said:

Nothing official, but rumors that Braylon James and Tobias Merriweather may enter the portal. Not sure if the Stuckey news changes anything, but something to monitor going forward. Would obviously be bad for a WR room lacking in numbers and talent, as both these guys were highly ranked recruits.

https://247sports.com/article/college-football-transfer-portal-buzzy-names-on-portal-watch-in-next-few-days-221663577/

Okay, that would be a big hit to the talent for sure! 😑