Jump to content

Coaching Changes


Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, Baldy said:

While not a current ND coach, I found this to be interesting regarding a former ND coach.

If this is all true, I wonder what Lea will decide to do or where he’ll want to go after all of this?

I would definitely love for Notre Dame to take him back as a linebackers coach, and then if Golden leaves, be NDs DC again!

As a side note, how is Fisher still getting interest? Dude is so overrated, and I feel is not a good head coach. Then again, with his huge payout from Texas A&M, why even coach at all!? 😂

This was posted in another forum, but it sounds like this is not true. I don't think Lea is being let go, although Vandy had a terrible season. He's 9-27 in his three seasons. I know it's really hard to win there, but going 2-10 this season after 5-7 last season is a definite step back. He better get them to a bowl game next year, or he could be gone.

And totally agree on Jimbo. If I'm him, I'm enjoying the $78M buyout and sitting on a beach somewhere, not Facetiming high school kids every night trying to get them to come play for me.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, 4thand1 said:

According to a free ND podcast, multiple WRs that ND wants to keep were going to transfer if Stuckey remained.  Also heard that Stuckey did little to develop relationships with the players.

Heard some of the same rumors going around. Makes sense with the timing and making changes now during this window where transfer decisions are coming quick 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, mcgov12 said:

From what I’ve seen there have been some rumblings about Stuckey not being very well liked in the locker room, obviously rumors at this point. Lots of issues with some of the drills he was running in camp too as a “wtf are you doing” reaction. I believe there were other WR coach options a couple years ago and Rees wanted Stuckey too, which played into the hire. Either way he was not a bad hire, but time to move on, should have some good options out there

Kind of makes you wonder with injuries to that group which proportionally was very high this season.  Could it have been due to some drilling oddities?

  • Heart 1
  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's my theory on it. Tyree left. Freeman didn't want him to leave. Conversations as to why he was leaving may have pointed to the position coach. We already know Tyree went for outside coaching to catch extra footballs this past offseason. Tyree was viewed with high regard by Marcus. I think that and Merriweather getting less time toward the end   then Faison.

It also goes to @NYGoldenDomer theory that had the wide receivers been better Hartman would not be viewed like Pyne(statistically) makes me want to watch each Hartman interception.

  • Flames 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tneun89 said:

This was posted in another forum, but it sounds like this is not true. I don't think Lea is being let go, although Vandy had a terrible season. He's 9-27 in his three seasons. I know it's really hard to win there, but going 2-10 this season after 5-7 last season is a definite step back. He better get them to a bowl game next year, or he could be gone.

And totally agree on Jimbo. If I'm him, I'm enjoying the $78M buyout and sitting on a beach somewhere, not Facetiming high school kids every night trying to get them to come play for me.

I kind of figured, but would agree if he doesn’t get Vandy to a bowl game next season, he’ll definitely be gone!

And yes, because I know that’s what I’d be doing! 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I am the AD and/or the HC, I only make coaching staff changes when I am fairly certain I have a candidate interested that is or likely is an upgrade.  Everyone knows who the stars in the coaching profession are but you better be able to identify the up and coming stars.  Or, at least have a reliable connection that can help with that.  That's why I would avoid hiring friends as often as possible because I have to be able to replace someone without hesitation when warranted. 

  • Heart 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Baldy said:

While not a current ND coach, I found this to be interesting regarding a former ND coach.

2 hours ago, tneun89 said:

This was posted in another forum, but it sounds like this is not true. I don't think Lea is being let go, although Vandy had a terrible season. He's 9-27 in his three seasons. I know it's really hard to win there, but going 2-10 this season after 5-7 last season is a definite step back. He better get them to a bowl game next year, or he could be gone.

And totally agree on Jimbo. If I'm him, I'm enjoying the $78M buyout and sitting on a beach somewhere, not Facetiming high school kids every night trying to get them to come play for me.

I heard about Lea on Irish Breakdown today while mowing the lawn but whenever their podcast was recorded it wasn't finalized yet.  They also mentioned that we might also see Matt Balis getting hired by A&M as he was buddy buddy with Elko and Balis' son is either an A&M recruit or already an underclassman.  I forget that detail.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

I heard about Lea on Irish Breakdown today while mowing the lawn but whenever their podcast was recorded it wasn't finalized yet.  They also mentioned that we might also see Matt Balis getting hired by A&M as he was buddy buddy with Elko and Balis' son is either an A&M recruit or already an underclassman.  I forget that detail.

and here I did six freaking novenas for Balis 2.0... A&M will be formidable - glad we'll play them early. As to Vandy, I see that as a quality school & mixing Jimbo there would, to me, be oil & water - everyone that I know with F$U & A&M ties was very glad to see him go. One FSU letterman said he was like Urban's cousin.

  • Heart 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...