Does anyone else feel dirty about Hartman?

And I don’t mean it like that…

Was looking at him on the sideline and he looks like a man amongst boys. The sixth year thing makes me feel slightly cringe, like we’re getting away with something… not as cringe as I feel watching the kids in Colorado flashing their gold and their high end watches… that stinks to high heaven…  but the Hartman thing to me feels more like a Danny Almonte situation. I know it’s all above board, but makes me feel…dirty.

1 hour ago, jimbo said:

This might make you feel a little 'cleaner' Rocketsan

Miami TE Cam McCormick petitioning ACC for an unprecedented ninth year of college football eligibility

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/miami-te-cam-mccormick-petitioning-acc-for-an-unprecedented-ninth-year-of-college-football-eligibility/

Wow, maybe he wants to play on the same team as one of his kids.  

• Laughing Leprechaun 1

Not really.  I mean the Mormon guys who go on mission are in their mid 20's if they go to through 4-5 years of school.  Fair or not the covid year caused this.  

For historical context as another outlier beside covid,  World War 2.  You had HS kids coming into programs and competing with men who fought a war, and were in the early to mid 20's also.

5 hours ago, jessemoore97 said:

Not really.  I mean the Mormon guys who go on mission are in their mid 20's if they go to through 4-5 years of school.  Fair or not the covid year caused this.  

For historical context as another outlier beside covid,  World War 2.  You had HS kids coming into programs and competing with men who fought a war, and were in the early to mid 20's also.

My first thought when I read this. 

My wife has made it abundantly clear that she is a huge fan of Hartman's hair. At least once a game there will be a conversation that goes something like this...

Wife: I don't think I have ever seen such perfect hair on a football player.
Me: .....
Wife: I mean, even when he takes his helmet off it is perfect.
Me: .....
Wife: He could be in one of those commercials with that guy that played for the Steelers.
Me: Keep your pants on.
Wife: I am just saying, it is nice hair.
Me:  Seriously, do you need a minute?

• Laughing Leprechaun 3

2 hours ago, IrishGuy said:

My wife has made it abundantly clear that she is a huge fan of Hartman's hair. At least once a game there will be a conversation that goes something like this...

Wife: He could be in one of those commercials with that guy that played for the Steelers.

I recall something similar back in 2005-06, with Brady Quinn.  I think I told her one game to wipe the drool off her chin.  Back then I used to subscribe to Blue and Gold Illustrated.  I read it for the articles, her not so much lol.

• Laughing Leprechaun 3

10 hours ago, Rocketsan said:

And I don’t mean it like that…

Was looking at him on the sideline and he looks like a man amongst boys. The sixth year thing makes me feel slightly cringe, like we’re getting away with something… not as cringe as I feel watching the kids in Colorado flashing their gold and their high end watches… that stinks to high heaven…  but the Hartman thing to me feels more like a Danny Almonte situation. I know it’s all above board, but makes me feel…dirty.

Only a deluded phony-pius ND fan would feel 'Dirty' about ND having the best QB they have had in 15+ Years.  He just turned 24 in July, BTW.

Meanwhile, I am sure you are jolly and smiling pumping cash to the catholic church of pedophiles every Sunday.  Dont feel 'Dirty' about that. 

But, god forbid, The Gippers team have a grad transfer QB.  

Lordy, give it a break.   

Edited by NDLincPark

3 hours ago, IrishGuy said:

This sounds like my wife and I too...but the roles are reversed.  He's a friging stud.  

In all seriousness though, no, I don't feel dirty.  He is playing within the rules.  He was awarded another year of eligibility because of the covid season.  He is taking advantage of that extra season to help his NFL Draft stock.  Full send, ball the frig out Sam.  Bring us back to glory!

• Heart 2
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, NDLincPark said:

Only a deluded phony-pius ND fan would feel 'Dirty' about ND having the best QB they have had in 15+ Years.  He just turned 24 in July, BTW.

Meanwhile, I am sure you are jolly and smiling pumping cash to the catholic church of pedophiles every Sunday.  Dont feel 'Dirty' about that. 

Lordy, give it a break.   

Do you ever have anything positive to say about anything?  I have nothing wrong with criticism.  No one wants an echo chamber.  At least I don't.  But you just never have anything positive or constructive to bring to any topic in which you post.

• Heart 1
  • Flames 1
  • Trophy 1

1 hour ago, NDLincPark said:

Lordy, give it a break.   

Yeah, this is nonsense… not worth engaging with you. 

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 2