What to Watch - Week 3

2 hours ago, jessemoore97 said:

I'm indifferent.  However the constant hype put out there is getting annoying.  

I was irritated for the same reason. The whole celebrity showcase is a clown show but seeing the way he treated his son coming to the sideline after taking a shot gave me some perspective on him as a human. The reporters post game asked him all about his sons and he made sure to make it about the team not just his kids. A lot more class than I expected.

• Heart 1

On 9/14/2023 at 11:01 AM, coltssb said:

I’m surprised people think Florida/Tennessee will be a good game. Florida is bad. And will be bad this whole year. 
I’ll be interested in Miss St. vs LSU. 
S.Carolina vs Georgia and Mich St. Vs Washington. Those sound more appealing than watching Mertz(who’s actually played well this season) and Florida. 

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

• Laughing Leprechaun 1

On 9/17/2023 at 6:21 AM, EddieAngel said:

Who has left ND and gone on to have great success? We all know that winning at ND is harder, but I am not seeing clear cases where ND as an institution is the issue. If BK goes on to have more success than he has, maybe I will get it but right now not so much.

Yes Barry Alvarez for sure. He is a legend at Wisconsin. 

Another one is Mike Elko. It’s still early days for him at Duke, but he seems to be doing great there. Do you think sometimes he lays awake at night, kicking himself, thinking ‘man, if I would have played my cards right, I’d be HC at Norte Dame right now’?

10 hours ago, jessemoore97 said:

I'm indifferent.  However the constant hype put out there is getting annoying.  

Yeah it’s the constant hype and drama. I understand the hype for now, they’re trying to build up CU football. Eventually all the drama week after week gets tiresome.

• Heart 1

31 minutes ago, jimbo said:

Yes Barry Alvarez for sure. He is a legend at Wisconsin. 

Another one is Mike Elko. It’s still early days for him at Duke, but he seems to be doing great there. Do you think sometimes he lays awake at night, kicking himself, thinking ‘man, if I would have played my cards right, I’d be HC at Norte Dame right now’?

Maybe? But to me, he didn’t seem like an ND kind of guy so I felt he wanted to be somewhere else.

11 minutes ago, Baldy said:

Maybe? But to me, he didn’t seem like an ND kind of guy so I felt he wanted to be somewhere else.

Who knows.  I mean he was with Clawson for 12 years, and there is a big difference between Clawson and  BK as far as demeanor.  He was a Ivy grad from UPenn.  Was at Wake, ND, and now Duke, all of which are considered academically oriented schools.  Just because he played the bid war between us and A&M doesn't necessarily make him not a ND guy.  I haven't seen any real red flags on him overall.

1 minute ago, jessemoore97 said:

Who knows.  I mean he was with Clawson for 12 years, and there is a big difference between Clawson and  BK as far as demeanor.  He was a Ivy grad from UPenn.  Was at Wake, ND, and now Duke, all of which are considered academically oriented schools.  Just because he played the bid war between us and A&M doesn't necessarily make him not a ND guy.  I haven't seen any real red flags on him overall.

Yeah, I get what you’re saying. But it’s more of just a hunch for me is all.

38 minutes ago, Baldy said:

Yeah I see your point. He wasn’t at ND long enough to become an ND kind of guy. And the rumors around the negotiations before he left for A&M don’t shine a good light on him.

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, jimbo said:

Yeah I see your point. He wasn’t at ND long enough to become an ND kind of guy. And the rumors around the negotiations before he left for A&M don’t shine a good light on him.

Yup, that’s it!