What to Watch - Week 3

This is an awful week for college football games folks, not a single ranked v ranked matchup this week. I can usually make most games sound somewhat interesting to a few people, but not this week. Most of these games will simply be for the people who just need football on in the background. Just dont shoot the messenger here, I didnt organize these slate of games. Also, a reminder that the ND game will be exclusively on Peacock!!! (two decent games on peacock this week)

Thursday
6:30 - Navy @ Memphis - ESPN - Lets see how the midshipmen look against a D1 opponent other than ND

Friday
6:00 - Virginia @ Maryland - FS1 - Should be close... right? right!!!

Morning Games - Saturday
11:00 - #14 LSU @ Miss State - ESPN - Probably the "best" game of the morning bunch
11:00 - #3 FSU @ Boston College - ABC - 😕
11:00 - #7 Penn State @ Illinois - FOX - 😕
11:00 - #15 Kansas St @ Missouri - SECN - 😕 could maybe be close

Afternoon Games - Saturday
1:30 - Central Michigan @ #9 Notre Dame - PEACOCK (Not NBC) - There are some free trials and deals with things like infinity, but it needs to be the "premium" version of Peacock
2:30 - South Carolina @ #1 Georgia - CBS - Finally, Georgia plays someone with D1 talent
2:30 - #10 Alabama @ South Florida - ABC - Will we see Buchner? How will they bounce back?

2:30 - Minnesota @ #20 North Carolina - ESPN - Will UNC play better than last week?
2:30 - Northwestern @ #21 Duke - ACCN - future opponent in Duke

4:00 - #8 Washington @ Michigan St - Peacock - I thought MSU could put up a fight, but with their head coach situation going on, who knows

Evening Games - Saturday
6:00 - #11 Tennessee @ Florida - ESPN - Only game worth watching other than ND in my opinion
6:30 - BYU @ Arkansas - ESPN2 - 😕

6:30 - Pitt @ West Virginia - ABC - Future opponent
7:00 - TCU @ Houston - FOX - 😕
9:00 - Colorado St @ #18 Colorado - ESPN - After they beat the mighty Colorado St, they may be anointed National Champs for their "impressive" 3-0 record by the media.

If you can afford to miss one Saturday of college football, this would be the week in my opinion.

Now it makes sense why Gameday is going to Colorado for Colorado/Colorado State when Colorado goes to Oregon next week (and is on ESPN/ABC). They get to Colorado like they want and still have options for a great matchup in Week 4 with a much better slate (ND/OSU, Bama/Ole Miss, FSU/Clemson). It will 99% be ND/OSU. I'd imagine the Big Noon FOX guys will be in South Bend as well (I don't think FOX has announced their noon game, but my guess is Rutgers at Michigan because there are really no other options).

• Heart 2

Yeah this is certainly another blah week for college football.

Best game should be Florida/Tennessee - I'm going with Tennessee here. I think Florida is going to struggle this season (again)

Games that could be interesting:

Washington/MSU - well, before the shit hit the fan with the HC.

Pittsburgh/W Va - don't they call this one the backyard brawl? Could be a good one, although I have no interest in either of these teams.

Minnesota/No Carolina - they are are both 2-0, so they got that going for them, which is nice.

So Carolina/Georgia - gotta hope Carolina gives them a game.

This week's slate of games is pretty sad!

• Cheers 1

I’m surprised people think Florida/Tennessee will be a good game. Florida is bad. And will be bad this whole year. 
I’ll be interested in Miss St. vs LSU. 
S.Carolina vs Georgia and Mich St. Vs Washington. Those sound more appealing than watching Mertz(who’s actually played well this season) and Florida. 

1 hour ago, coltssb said:

I’m surprised people think Florida/Tennessee will be a good game. Florida is bad. And will be bad this whole year. 
S.Carolina vs Georgia and Mich St. Vs Washington. Those sound more appealing than watching Mertz(who’s actually played well this season) and Florida. 

I do agree that Florida is not a very good team, but it is a rivalry game that is pretty big and Florida is at home. Plus, Tennessee has not been overly impressive against the lesser opponents so far this year themselves. This is a game that will show us whether Tennessee is truly a ~top10 team or just a decent team in a very average year in the SEC.

6 hours ago, coltssb said:

Yeah, I am agreeing with you here. I’m not saying that, by itself, the Florida/Tennessee game will be a good one. Rather, out of the very weak slate of games on tap this week, this is probably one of the better matchups to watch. Anyway, who doesn’t like to see Florida getting beat!

• Cheers 1

Gotta see the Buchner/Rees combo with a little Saban flavoring mixed in.  Must-see TV.

Rees will HAVE to do better under Saban than he did at ND. Saban will can him at 6 games if the offense is not performing. 
Rees really has built quite a personal coaching tree for himself. Not long until he becomes a head coach somewhere if for no other reason than that.

Alabama / Buchner / Reese - looking really bad so far

Prime time- a relative has dealt with him a lot professionally and gotten to know him personally…

when the camera is on and social media is involved, he’s everything you see

when the camera is off, he is a complete a’hole and treats anyone who’s not a celebrity like $h1t

I listen to him and want to love him, but he’s everything wrong with the world