What to Watch - Week 1

Yeah not a ton of interesting games. For me its:

Florida/Utah (Go Utah)

Nebraska/Minnesota - Matt Rhule intrigue

Colorado/TCU -  of course it's Deion

No Car/So Car - could be quite an interesting game

LSU/FSU - Yeah, go FSU

Clemson/Duke - is Duke for real and does anyone think that Mike Elko sez to himself, 'geez, i coulda been HC at ND?

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, jimbo said:

Yeah not a ton of interesting games. For me its:

Florida/Utah (Go Utah)

Nebraska/Minnesota - Matt Rhule intrigue

Colorado/TCU -  of course it's Deion

No Car/So Car - could be quite an interesting game

LSU/FSU - Yeah, go FSU

Clemson/Duke - is Duke for real and does anyone think that Mike Elko sez to himself, 'geez, i coulda been HC at ND?

Agreed - not many games I really want to see. Although, I'd add Boise/Washington to the list. Washington has a ton of preseason hype and an early Heisman contender in Penix. I think Boise could give them a scare. 

I also think West Virginia/Penn State will be a fun game to watch. Curious to see how Drew Allar performs at QB for PSU.

• Heart 2

4 hours ago, tneun89 said:

I also think West Virginia/Penn State will be a fun game to watch. Curious to see how Drew Allar performs at QB for PSU.

It could be, but I could easily see this game being a blowout. I hear WV's coach is on the hot seat already and no one is expecting much from them this year at all.

I do agree with you about Boise St

Edited by NDhoosier

2 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

For those that didnt get/want to watch it, Stanford beat Hawai'i 37-24. Their offense was decent (against Hawai'i), but their defense left a lot to be desired in my opinion. The USC/Stanford game could be pretty high scoring.

I watched part of it and I agree with your overall assessment. Stanford passing game looking pretty decent their tight end #84 had a great game.

3 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

For those that didnt get/want to watch it, Stanford beat Hawai'i 37-24. Their offense was decent (against Hawai'i), but their defense left a lot to be desired in my opinion. The USC/Stanford game could be pretty high scoring.

1 hour ago, ND_JACK said:

I watched part of it and I agree with your overall assessment. Stanford passing game looking pretty decent their tight end #84 had a great game.

Agreed! I felt the Stanford QB, Ashton Daniels, played really well. He has an arm and is pretty accurate. And their TE Yurosek was all over the field, and big, so he will be hard to cover.

Oh, and I also watched the Louisville vs GT game. Louisville’s did nothing in the first half, but made great second half adjustments and then dominated on both sides of the ball.

Surprised by Colorado so far. But I’m not too surprised knowing how much TCU’s defense sucked last year. 

Edwards is killing me. But ND’s running back room is loaded. 

lastly, how does Deion get get any of his db’s to tackle. He would have a hard time showing any film of himself sticking his nose in there to make a play. 

great game so far 

• Heart 2