The Longest Thread in Domer Domain History

Mike

my airport comment was purely made on the frustrations of people standing in the middle of everyone walking area, people that feel the need to hold phone conversations on speaker phone and play videos with no headphones, and then when I have a short layover due to a delay people standing in the “walk” side (and clearly labeled) of moving sidewalks get upset when I say excuse me and want to make comments instead of just standing on one side like they should

I don’t know what the heck happened the last few years where people have gotten this clueless

• Flames 1

10 minutes ago, mcgov12 said:

my airport comment was purely made on the frustrations of people standing in the middle of everyone walking area, people that feel the need to hold phone conversations on speaker phone and play videos with no headphones, and then when I have a short layover due to a delay people standing in the “walk” side (and clearly labeled) of moving sidewalks get upset when I say excuse me and want to make comments instead of just standing on one side like they should

I don’t know what the heck happened the last few years where people have gotten this clueless

181 - Common sense is not so common

• Flames 1

11 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

189 - Still missing one lolololololol

190. Oh, dang it. I just saw it now. 🙄😂🤣

Edit: Corrected, and now I look like the idiot. 😑 Idiocracy must be in full affect for me! 🤣

• Laughing Leprechaun 1

2 hours ago, FaithInIrish Forever said:

4 hours ago, Baldy said:

182. While a bit alarming, the link below pretty much backs up what @NYGoldenDomer is saying.

https://www.inc.com/jessica-stillman/we-are-all-getting-dumber-new-science-proves-no-one-is-sure-why.html

With that beings said…

I Got You Thumbs Up GIF by Patriot Act

191.  There are plenty of avenues that one could go down in answering this, however many feel those are merely "conspiracy".  I'll leave it at this, there's no such thing as coincidence...

EDIT:  Didn't mean to have Faith's quote from another topic.  Anyhow for the conspiracy stuff, that's why I started the News Cycle post awhile back in the off topic and was intentionally vague about my subject matter, if anyone chose to partake about current topics etc.

Edited by jessemoore97
  • Heart 1

192  Gotta luv a guy like this!

David Kirke, pioneer of bungee jumping and Dangerous Sports Club, dies quietly in his bed aged 78 yesterday.

The maverick godfather of bungee jumping, who took the world’s first leap clutching a bottle of champagne and without testing the rope, has died peacefully in his bed.

Born in 1945 as the eldest of seven children, David Kirke birthed the worldwide phenomenon some 34 years later on April Fool’s Day, when – dressed in a top hat and fresh from all-night party – he and his friends decided to bungee jump from Bristol’s Clifton Suspension Bridge.

fac321d296344a782270b837b9acbdcb

• Heart 1

On 10/20/2023 at 9:24 PM, Baldy said:

182. While a bit alarming, the link below pretty much backs up what @NYGoldenDomer is saying.

https://www.inc.com/jessica-stillman/we-are-all-getting-dumber-new-science-proves-no-one-is-sure-why.html

With that beings said…

I Got You Thumbs Up GIF by Patriot Act

My answer why IQs started to decrease in the 1970's (per Norway study)

In 1950 only 9 percent of American households had a television set, but by 1960 the figure had reached 90 percent. Might have taken a little longer to get TVs throughout Norway but I am convinced that watching TV (other than ND football) is bad for your brain...

• Laughing Leprechaun 1

40 minutes ago, jbrown_9999 said:

In 1950 only 9 percent of American households had a television set, but by 1960 the figure had reached 90 percent. Might have taken a little longer to get TVs throughout Norway but I am convinced that watching TV (other than ND football) is bad for your brain...

194   Without a doubt

Edited by jimbo
Add the friggin number
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, jbrown_9999 said:

195.  Yep, believe or do what the people in the picture box say, without question.  George Orwell and Aldus Huxley were way ahead of their time.

• Flames 1

17 minutes ago, Baldy said:

For those whom have ever wondered how much wood a woodchuck could chuck.

IMG_0815.jpeg

Thanks for clearing nothing up Baldy! 

side note, anyone going to any games the rest of the year? Wife got us tickets for ND Wake Forest, it’ll be her first time out there.

• Heart 1

47 minutes ago, mcgov12 said:

Thanks for clearing nothing up Baldy! 

side note, anyone going to any games the rest of the year? Wife got us tickets for ND Wake Forest, it’ll be her first time out there.

199 - I wish.  I'm dying to go to a game on campus.   One day...

• Leprechaun 1