The Longest Thread in Domer Domain History

Mike

2 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

199 - I wish.  I'm dying to go to a game on campus.   One day...

This will be my 5th time on campus. First ever game was the shitshow of a 2007 season and seeing one of their 3 wins against Duke, with zibby getting a few plays at qb at the end. I’ve been half expecting the wife to tell me to ask one of my brothers or friends if they want to go, but if I value my balls I won’t do that unless she really pushes the issue

9 minutes ago, mcgov12 said:

This will be my 5th time on campus. First ever game was the shitshow of a 2007 season and seeing one of their 3 wins against Duke, with zibby getting a few plays at qb at the end. I’ve been half expecting the wife to tell me to ask one of my brothers or friends if they want to go, but if I value my balls I won’t do that unless she really pushes the issue

201 - Lucky for me I did not see a single moment of that season as I was deployed overseas.

• Laughing Leprechaun 1

5 hours ago, mcgov12 said:

Thanks for clearing nothing up Baldy! 

side note, anyone going to any games the rest of the year? Wife got us tickets for ND Wake Forest, it’ll be her first time out there.

202. You are welcome! 😜

• Laughing Leprechaun 1

3 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

201 - Lucky for me I did not see a single moment of that season as I was deployed overseas.

203. You really did luck out, because what I remember was Clausen getting sacked constantly, and watching Navy beat Notre Dame for the first time in 43 years. 😑 But hey, Notre Dame had a two game win streak to end the season. 😂

A season to forget for sure!

• 2 weeks later...

On this day (Nov8) in 1895, German physicist Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen discovered x-rays. He used the “X” because it’s the mathematical symbol for the unknown, and he wasn’t sure what he’d discovered at first.

Edited by jimbo
  • Heart 1

15 hours ago, jimbo said:

On this day (Nov8) in 1895, German physicist Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen discovered x-rays. He used the “X” because it’s the mathematical symbol for the unknown, and he wasn’t sure what he’d discovered at first.

It’s so funny that you mentioned this, because I had seen this just yesterday.

Looks like Nikola Tesla was the one that invented the X-Ray, but didn’t get credit for it due to losing all of his equipment in a fire.

Crazy!

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, Baldy said:

It’s so funny that you mentioned this, because I had seen this just yesterday.

Looks like Nikola Tesla was the one that invented the X-Ray, but didn’t get credit for it due to losing all of his equipment in a fire.

Crazy!

206. It worked out well for both of them. The unit of measurement for radiation exposure is a Roentgen and he also won the Nobel prize in Physics for this.

Tesla went on to start up his eponymous EV car company. 555

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, jimbo said:

206. It worked out well for both of them. The unit of measurement for radiation exposure is a Roentgen and he also won the Nobel prize in Physics for this.

Tesla went on to start up his eponymous EV car company. 555

That’s really cool!

4 hours ago, jimbo said:

I forgot to put 206 on the previous post and it won’t let me edit it. So now I’m violating another rule by posting consecutively in order to correct my previous breach of the rules.

208. I went in and fixed it for you, so don’t even worry about it. 😝 And it’s all good, because I feel I break the rules in this thread all the time. 😂

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

I'm not sure where to post this because I don't think it needs its own thread so I guess I'll resurrect this one.  Its ridiculous that ESPN is airing a reveal show, similar to the rankings reveal shows, for next season's SEC schedule releases .

210.  Well it has to be exciting for the world to see which directional, DII, school of the blind, south of the Mason Dixon university the behemoths line up next season for their OOC slate.

• Laughing Leprechaun 1

6 minutes ago, jessemoore97 said:

210.  Well it has to be exciting for the world to see which directional, DII, school of the blind, south of the Mason Dixon university the behemoths line up next season for their OOC slate.

4 person in studio panel too lololololol.  And I'm sure they have Finebaum on there remotely too

• Laughing Leprechaun 2

2 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

I'm not sure where to post this because I don't think it needs its own thread so I guess I'll resurrect this one.  It’s ridiculous that ESPN is airing a reveal show, similar to the rankings reveal shows, for next season's SEC schedule releases .

Dude, I could not agree more! My wife and I were so pissed off when we heard that!

Makes you wonder how much ESECPN had an influence on the selection committee to be sure Alabama got in over Florida State! I just saw that whole rant Herbstreit went on to defend it all. Sounds like guilt to me.

But I do blame ESPN and the SEC for their love affair with each other to keep pushing the “SEC is the best conference” hype train, and in my eye, ruining CFB one season at a time!

I’ll still always love CFB no matter what though, but that’s mostly because I love Notre Dame! 😆🤟🏼🍀🏈

• Heart 1

216.   Echoes Award  Winners

ND Team Awards

Most Valuable Player: QB Sam Hartman

Father Ted Man of the Year: LB JD Bertrand

Offensive Player of the Year: RB Audric Estimé

Defensive Player of the Year: S Xavier Watts

Special Teams Player of the Year: LB Jack Kiser

Rockne Student-Athlete Engagement Award: CB Benjamin Morrison

Offensive Lineman of the Year: LT Joe Alt

Moose Krause Defensive Lineman of the Year: NT Howard Cross III

Father Lange Iron Cross Award: DT Rylie Mills

Nick Pietrosante Spirt of the Game Award: DE Javontae Jean-Baptiste

Offensive Scout Team Players of the Year: WR Leo Scheidler and RB Chase Ketterer

Defensive Scout Team Players of the Year: DT Devan Houstan and LB Preston Zinter

• Leprechaun 1

6 hours ago, JeffV said:

216.   Echoes Award  Winners

ND Team Awards

Most Valuable Player: QB Sam Hartman

Father Ted Man of the Year: LB JD Bertrand

Offensive Player of the Year: RB Audric Estimé

Defensive Player of the Year: S Xavier Watts

Special Teams Player of the Year: LB Jack Kiser

Rockne Student-Athlete Engagement Award: CB Benjamin Morrison

Offensive Lineman of the Year: LT Joe Alt

Moose Krause Defensive Lineman of the Year: NT Howard Cross III

Father Lange Iron Cross Award: DT Rylie Mills

Nick Pietrosante Spirt of the Game Award: DE Javontae Jean-Baptiste

Offensive Scout Team Players of the Year: WR Leo Scheidler and RB Chase Ketterer

Defensive Scout Team Players of the Year: DT Devan Houstan and LB Preston Zinter

Seems like a missed opportunity to not give Cross the Iron Cross award...

• Laughing Leprechaun 1

6 hours ago, jimbo said:

The Big LePlowski gets most votes in contest to name South Lake Tahoe's snowplows

219. I love these, especially when the winner is something fun like that 

Last year Philadelphia did something similar where they had a vote to name the public restrooms, but they didn't take the fun route with the final choice.

• Wee the People
  • Potty McPottyface
  • Whiz Wit
  • Porta Jawn
  • Gritty Sitty
  • The P Stop
  • Wooder Closet
  • Perma Potty
  • Here Wee Go
  • The Dallas Cowboys

But the finalists were:

1. Phlush (winner)