2025 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

Campbell could be a legit option for the 2nd true interior DL player of the class. I want them to get a 2nd interior DL for this class. They wanted two last year and missed out on Justin Scott.

T Taylor is a WR I really want in this class. It would be perfect if ND landed him and Meadows.

As for CB, I still think ND leads for Golden and Zackary. not sure they would take a 4th if it was not Devin Williams. Haynes is a very good player, but I do not think ND is the favorite to land him.

• Heart 2

39 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

Campbell could be a legit option for the 2nd true interior DL player of the class. I want them to get a 2nd interior DL for this class. They wanted two last year and missed out on Justin Scott.

Javeon Campbell being a three star might be deceiving since he has only played one season of football (Junior year of high school). He is also rated as an Edge as a prospect but at 6'5" 260# has room to grow into interior DL. High ceiling type of recruit

Edited by jbrown_9999
  • Heart 1

Agree with the last couple of posts. Also interested to hear @Big23Head thoughts on where he thinks the class ends up, as spring visits are coming up.

To me, the 2025 class is a little disappointing so far, with ND reaching for too many guys this early. That said, I think ND is in a great spot to add 3-4 Top 100/150 level guys. I can see ND adding Derek Meadows (#70 per 247 Composite), Dallas Golden (#91), Damien Shanklin (#107), Mark Zackery (#131), and Jack Lange (#148). I could honestly see ND going 5-5 there. I 'd be surprised if it wasn't at least 3. 

As far as some of the other targets...

Nathaniel Owusu-Boateng (OLB) had a great visit a month or so ago, but I think he is a long-shot. IMG had a pro day a couple of weeks ago, and he did not name ND when he singled out some schools recruiting him the best. I don't think ND is out of it, but the chances are low. 

Talyn Taylor (WR) is a guy I can't get a read on. He's been to ND a bunch, with plans to come back next month. He's also high on Michigan (visiting this weekend, I believe) and Georgia. He's a Top 100 guy on Rivals and On3 (247 has him outside the Top 247 for some reason), so he would be a big boost to the WR group that only features some lower-ranked guys right now. Landing him and Meadows would be huge.

JaDon Blair (S) seems like he's leaning to Penn State. It sounds like O'Leary leaving was a big deal to him. ND has recruited safety well this cycle (Ivan Taylor, Ethan Long), so I don't think it would be a catastrophic loss, but he is a really good prospect that would make the safety class elite.

Jerome Bettis (WR) has been on commit watch for about a year. I'm not sure why he's taking so long to decide when ND seems inevitable. He's racked up a number of P4 since January (Ole Miss, Purdue, Duke, Georgia Tech, Cal, Louisville) and has performed well in the camp circuit. He's a take, but I wonder what ND would do if Meadows and Taylor commit first. Hard to see ND turning him away based on who his father is, but I'm not sure ND is looking to take 5 WRs this cycle (although, they will lose a ton of seniors/graduates after the 2024 season, so maybe 5 is the number).

One last thing. There have been rumblings that Deuce Knight is considering a visit to Alabama. It sounds like he's intrigued by Kalen Deboer and the offense he runs. Freeman obviously has a no-visit policy for commits, so it'll be interesting to see what happens if Deuce makes the visit. He says all the right things to the media and is all ND on social media, but it's something to watch. I will say, the rumblings have quieted down recently, so maybe this will be a non-issue.

• Heart 2

Posted (edited)
On 3/14/2024 at 8:58 AM, tneun89 said:

Agree with the last couple of posts. Also interested to hear @Big23Head thoughts on where he thinks the class ends up, as spring visits are coming up.

To me, the 2025 class is a little disappointing so far, with ND reaching for too many guys this early. That said, I think ND is in a great spot to add 3-4 Top 100/150 level guys. I can see ND adding Derek Meadows (#70 per 247 Composite), Dallas Golden (#91), Damien Shanklin (#107), Mark Zackery (#131), and Jack Lange (#148). I could honestly see ND going 5-5 there. I 'd be surprised if it wasn't at least 3. 

As far as some of the other targets...

Nathaniel Owusu-Boateng (OLB) had a great visit a month or so ago, but I think he is a long-shot. IMG had a pro day a couple of weeks ago, and he did not name ND when he singled out some schools recruiting him the best. I don't think ND is out of it, but the chances are low. 

Talyn Taylor (WR) is a guy I can't get a read on. He's been to ND a bunch, with plans to come back next month. He's also high on Michigan (visiting this weekend, I believe) and Georgia. He's a Top 100 guy on Rivals and On3 (247 has him outside the Top 247 for some reason), so he would be a big boost to the WR group that only features some lower-ranked guys right now. Landing him and Meadows would be huge.

JaDon Blair (S) seems like he's leaning to Penn State. It sounds like O'Leary leaving was a big deal to him. ND has recruited safety well this cycle (Ivan Taylor, Ethan Long), so I don't think it would be a catastrophic loss, but he is a really good prospect that would make the safety class elite.

Jerome Bettis (WR) has been on commit watch for about a year. I'm not sure why he's taking so long to decide when ND seems inevitable. He's racked up a number of P4 since January (Ole Miss, Purdue, Duke, Georgia Tech, Cal, Louisville) and has performed well in the camp circuit. He's a take, but I wonder what ND would do if Meadows and Taylor commit first. Hard to see ND turning him away based on who his father is, but I'm not sure ND is looking to take 5 WRs this cycle (although, they will lose a ton of seniors/graduates after the 2024 season, so maybe 5 is the number).

One last thing. There have been rumblings that Deuce Knight is considering a visit to Alabama. It sounds like he's intrigued by Kalen Deboer and the offense he runs. Freeman obviously has a no-visit policy for commits, so it'll be interesting to see what happens if Deuce makes the visit. He says all the right things to the media and is all ND on social media, but it's something to watch. I will say, the rumblings have quieted down recently, so maybe this will be a non-issue.

Right now, I like this class. Discussing the reaching or early takes, I get it on one hand and I am ok with it on the other. My thoughts on the reaches or commits that people may view as a reach are below.

RB Daniel Anderson: I get it, no major offers, nothing flashy, limited film. That said, he was injured last year and has shared reps with older guys for the last two years. Coach McCullough (along with Mickens) is one that I simply don't question as he has a reason why. Daniel won RB MVP at his recent camp, which is a good start to change the perception. I'm intrigued to see where this summer and his senior year takes him. Bonus: RB room is loaded.

WR Shaun Terry: He is that shifty (Faison type) that ND really has not had much of consistently. I like that take and get it. Denbrock signed off on it as well.

WR Elijah Burress: I like this take. Filthy route running. Fantastic blood lines from mom and dad. Needs to add size/strength and he will. Nice combo with Terry.

WR: I think the WR stigma is because of the two above combined with Bettis Jr. I get that. ND must land Meadows and I would prefer Meadows and RVB or Taylor. If Bettis is taken as a 5th or ATH, then I'm fine with this. And quite honestly, if a year or two later this didn't work out...portal. 

DL Joseph Reiff: I have zero issues here. Kid is a very good athlete, getting stronger, getting bigger, and I think will have a very good year.

DL Davion Dixon: I'd much rather have a legit 6'3+, 300# guy in the middle or a Sheldon Day. I do not see either.

DL Dominik Hulak: Boom or bust likely due to size. He is very strong and has explosion. Is he big enough to find a true position fit? I like this take when combined with someone like Shanklin (so go land him).

LB Josiah Ko'o Kia: If ND takes 3 LB this makes total sense. ND has a high hit rate in Hawaii, they know the family very well, they know the school very well, and his brother was a freshman contributor before leaving. You need guys like this on your team even if he never starts. Awesome attitude, relentless worker. Add 2 of any of the other LBs on the board currently and no one should have issues. 

Every one of the players above has multiple high power offers, except Anderson. Time will tell obviously. Senior years will be interesting to watch. Terry, Burress and Reiff could all rise in rankings. I'm watching Anderson too, I just trust McCullough.

Edited by Big23Head
  • Heart 3

Posted (edited)

Visit season has begun

March 19

NJ DL Darren Ikinnagbon [Offer]

March 22-23

FL WR Raiden Vines-Bright [Offer]

NV WR Derek Meadows [Offer]

FL LB Gavin Nix [Offer]

IN CB Mark Zackery IV [Offer]

CA CB Chuck McDonald [Offer]