Game Thread - #9 Notre Dame vs #6 Ohio State (9/23/23)

Bucknut fans will show up. Our fan base always sells out to opposing teams in big games and take the money. We will once again be disappointed by how much red will be in that stadium. It always pisses me off!  We have the worst “home field” advantage of any big time program in the country and it isn’t even close. 

Still, I think we have the best chance in a big game like this then we have had in the last 20 years. Until we actually pull one out I will still be pessimistic that we will win, but at least this time I feel there is legitimate substance and facts as to why we actually can win. The main reason for me is that we have Hartman. Let’s go Irish and finally win one of these big games!

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Kid Gloves said:

Bucknut fans will show up. Our fan base always sells out to opposing teams in big games and take the money. We will once again be disappointed by how much red will be in that stadium. It always pisses me off!  We have the worst “home field” advantage of any big time program in the country and it isn’t even close. 

Still, I think we have the best chance in a big game like this then we have had in the last 20 years. Until we actually pull one out I will still be pessimistic that we will win, but at least this time I feel there is legitimate substance and facts as to why we actually can win. The main reason for me is that we have Hartman. Let’s go Irish and finally win one of these big games!

You South Benders sound like a typical New Yorker.  Anything for a buck.  Hopefully the hype around this team makes these sellers feel inclined to keep them.  Or, for the love of god at least sell to another Irish fan.

• Flames 1

8 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

If this game/slate of games was later in the season I would have just banged out of work today.  There are so many good games on today, coupled with the shitty weather here in NY...perfect day to make a crockpot of chili and not do anything.  

Amen to that brother…in PA and pouring. Perfect day for zero wife suggested fall activities and a full day of football and some good food

• Laughing Leprechaun 2

2 minutes ago, mcgov12 said:

Amen to that brother…in PA and pouring. Perfect day for zero wife suggested fall activities and a full day of football and some good food

Yea you guys are probably getting hit with the same noreaster we are.  Where in PA are you?  I'm on Long Island...the fish looking island next to NYC.

Just now, NYGoldenDomer said:

Yea you guys are probably getting hit with the same noreaster we are.  Where in PA are you?  I'm on Long Island...the fish looking island next to NYC.

Oh man…wife is originally from Long Island. Grew up in Allentown, live just a little south of there now